Is there still online content for HD DVD? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 09-04-2008, 11:29 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
When I had my Tosh A35, and bought the Transformers in HD awhile back (before the format wars ended), I was able to D/L the extra content from the internet. But now I have the LG BH200 player, popped in Transformers to test it, and everytime I tried to D/L any Transformer content off the internet, it kept saying "could not find server". There is no problem with the player (it downloaded its FW and drivers just fine). But what I AM wondering, is if after HD was killed, did the studios take down their HD content servers? If so, that sure sucks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 09-04-2008, 09:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
I have the same question. I tried my Transformers on A2 and X360 HD DVD but when the player tried to download the online contents, they just keep downloading forever.

Update: I tried on my other PS3 that isn't logged into PSN. When I played Transformers for the first time, and selected the BD Live download, it downloaded the online contents immediately. This sounds like the BD Live contents for Transformers are already on the BD disc, and the online is only to check if there's any new contents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRX_Rocky View Post

When I had my Tosh A35, and bought the Transformers in HD awhile back (before the format wars ended), I was able to D/L the extra content from the internet. But now I have the LG BH200 player, popped in Transformers to test it, and everytime I tried to D/L any Transformer content off the internet, it kept saying "could not find server". There is no problem with the player (it downloaded its FW and drivers just fine). But what I AM wondering, is if after HD was killed, did the studios take down their HD content servers? If so, that sure sucks.

post #3 of 9 Old 09-05-2008, 02:30 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex3D View Post

I have the same question. I tried my Transformers on A2 and X360 HD DVD but when the player tried to download the online contents, they just keep downloading forever.

Update: I tried on my other PS3 that isn't logged into PSN. When I played Transformers for the first time, and selected the BD Live download, it downloaded the online contents immediately. This sounds like the BD Live contents for Transformers are already on the BD disc, and the online is only to check if there's any new contents.

Well, the BD Live was not what I was talking about, it was the HD DVD version. And I tried it a few hours ago, again, and now it DID work! So maybe there was a server issue on their end?

But even though my LG BH200 is both HD and BD, and now the HD is downloading, the other day I tried to see if I could get any BD Live content from Starship Troopers 3 or Rambo. Both said it was not setup for BD Live yet. But then is it really the player, or is BD Live itself not yet ready?
post #4 of 9 Old 09-05-2008, 03:50 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
BD LIVE is up and running. I've tried it on several movies and it is working. I don't believe the LG BH200 has yet received the FW update to turn on BD LIVE. At least that is what remember about this player.
post #5 of 9 Old 09-05-2008, 11:45 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRMOTA View Post

BD LIVE is up and running. I've tried it on several movies and it is working. I don't believe the LG BH200 has yet received the FW update to turn on BD LIVE. At least that is what remember about this player.

Thanks for the heads up. Sure hope LG does, some think after the new BH300 is released.
post #6 of 9 Old 09-05-2008, 01:00 PM
AVS Special Member

HD-DVD online works on the LG.
Blu-rays online does not. You can thank the Blu-ray Profile issues for that.
LG may release an update to make the player use BD-Live...but who knows if/when.
post #7 of 9 Old 09-05-2008, 01:28 PM
Advanced Member

The online content for Transformers is still online. I just tried downloading the "Menubots" and it worked just fine.
post #8 of 9 Old 09-05-2008, 02:06 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigby Reardon View Post

The online content for Transformers is still online. I just tried downloading the "Menubots" and it worked just fine.

Thought I had posted that already? Yeah, I tried it again late last night and it finally worked. Maybe there was a server issue on their end, or a router porblem on my end??? But yep, it now works. Thanks
post #9 of 9 Old 09-05-2008, 04:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRX_Rocky View Post

Thanks for the heads up. Sure hope LG does, some think after the new BH300 is released.

Do you mean the BD300? There will not be a BH300.
Reply HD DVD Software

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page