Red 2 Blu - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 417 Old 04-27-2009, 08:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
With ppl dumping there HD in vast quantity, who in their right mind would buy, coverless or home printed covered.

Where are the buyers going to come from & what prices are they willing to spend?

I know I won't be buying used home made HD.

Panasonic TC-P60ST60 + Sony STR-DG810 + LG BH200 + JBL L830's x2 + JBL LC1 + JBL Loft40 x 2 + Polk PSW10 + Harmony One
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 417 Old 04-27-2009, 09:06 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPC View Post

That might be one reason, not to mention the MSRP is $99.

I too think this is the reason Planet Earth was pulled, but then I see Harry Potter and Matrix sets still available....not sure what to make of it. I really wanted to exchange Planet Earth and am really PO'd about this. I ordered the rest in case they change their mind on Harry Potter!
post #183 of 417 Old 04-27-2009, 09:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleM View Post

With ppl dumping there HD in vast quantity, who in their right mind would buy, coverless or home printed covered.

Where are the buyers going to come from & what prices are they willing to spend?

I know I won't be buying used home made HD.

i lost count of how many DVDs i've bought that were in a paper sleeve or a jewel case because the person kept them in a CD binder and lost (or even threw away) the case

the important thing is the disc works... printed covers can look just as good or even better than the originals if you have even a half decent printer and good paper
post #184 of 417 Old 04-27-2009, 10:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
I did decide to take advantage of this on the titles that were actually upgrades for me. I only have the Matrix Collection and this gets me the Ultimate Collection, Casablanca gets me the Collector's Edition and Full Metal Jacket gets me the upgraded version (I only have the original HD DVD release with the white cover).

Other than that, I can't see the value.

Living the HT Dream...now in 4D.
post #185 of 417 Old 04-27-2009, 12:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Hmmm, when I did my upgrade for Ultimate Matrix... they told me to turn in the glued on slip sheet on the back. Now it says the Matrix Revolutions slip.

Dang it... Did I screw up? I just mailed in the back slip
post #186 of 417 Old 04-27-2009, 01:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Just got a call back from a rep at the WB store - they stated that the BD of Planet Earth is being discontinued so they removed it from the Red2Blu offer. Existing orders will supposedly be honored. Take it for what it is worth.
post #187 of 417 Old 04-27-2009, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HofstraJet View Post

Just got a call back from a rep at the WB store - they stated that the BD of Planet Earth is being discontinued so they removed it from the Red2Blu offer. Existing orders will supposedly be honored. Take it for what it is worth.

Could be, but our local walmart just got a bunch of the single show discs of PE in, so that wouldn't seem to jive with what they told you.... who knows.

I won't be sending my HD's in, heck, I just bought some more today at our local Kroger, which got some more blowout combo discs in. I am dual format, and I think that both formats look pretty much equivalent to me as far as quality goes, although I know some would take one side or the other. However, if I can buy the HD-DVD for what I can buy the standard one at walmart for, why would I not continue to buy HD-DVD's? It's not like my 3 players are going to just up and quit working.....
post #188 of 417 Old 04-27-2009, 03:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by tqlla View Post

Hmmm, when I did my upgrade for Ultimate Matrix... they told me to turn in the glued on slip sheet on the back. Now it says the Matrix Revolutions slip.

They started accepting the Revolutions slip because lots of people threw away the back sheet of the box. Don't worry, they are accepting either as proof of purchase.
post #189 of 417 Old 04-27-2009, 05:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Fairly interesting take on the promotion.

http://www.betanews.com/article/Warn...cam/1240442493
post #190 of 417 Old 04-27-2009, 05:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ti-triodes View Post

Fairly interesting take on the promotion.

http://www.betanews.com/article/Warn...cam/1240442493

AND..........................................some people would complain about getting hung with a new rope! It is what it is............you wanna blu copy for $5? Go For It!! You don't...........DON'T!!

Vikings sucked! Gophers BBall sucked! Packers always suck regardless! Lets Go Twins, you're my last chance!!
post #191 of 417 Old 04-27-2009, 05:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by wipron View Post

AND..........................................some people would complain about getting hung with a new rope! It is what it is............you wanna blu copy for $5? Go For It!! You don't...........DON'T!!

Ya lol... I'm all over it and I'm ecstatic about it.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" -Arthur C. Clarke
post #192 of 417 Old 04-27-2009, 05:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tqlla View Post

Geez! People, please read the words! If you don't have the box back slip sheet, then the Matrix Revolutions cover sheet will suffice. All you have to do is read -- no wonder Blu won !
post #193 of 417 Old 04-28-2009, 09:14 AM
T2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolisdead View Post

I want to say that its a better encode and it has a lot of new bonus materials. I could be wrong, but the BD retails for like $60.

That sounds interesting - I'm a big fan of my fellow countryman CurtiZ (we came from the same place - just like CurtiS' family, heh.)
Thanks I'll take a look... however I still don't really see why they are advertising ~$15 for Matrix Ultimate when it's $22 shipped???
This is typical cheap, low-life tactics, even Chinatown doesn't use it anymore...
post #194 of 417 Old 04-28-2009, 09:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2k View Post

That sounds interesting - I'm a big fan of my fellow countryman CurtiZ (we came from the same place - just like CurtiS' family, heh.)
Thanks I'll take a look... however I still don't really see why they are advertising ~$15 for Matrix Ultimate when it's $22 shipped???
This is typical cheap, low-life tactics, even Chinatown doesn't use it anymore...

$6.95 processing fee for every order, as it says on the same page. Order more discs, the processing fee doesn't change.

Xbox 360: Deezul AwT
HDTV since 2004, 3D since 2011
Go Jackets!
post #195 of 417 Old 04-28-2009, 10:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Put in my order last night for ten discs (six of which are part of trilogies). It's a shame Planet Earth got pulled; I had originally picked up the HD DVD version on clearance for $30. On the other hand though, nice to see they sorted out the Matrix trilogy Complete/Ultimate collection discrepancy. I made color copies of the artwork just to keep for myself.

Click here for my home theater setup
post #196 of 417 Old 04-28-2009, 12:54 PM

I filled out the request form on their website on Sunday.

For those of you who already went through the process, how long did it take before you received the email reply with the mailing label?
post #197 of 417 Old 04-28-2009, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Tomaskovic View Post

I asked whether I could send titles I bought from outside the US and they said it was fine.

So you sent your imported titles to them? Or have someone else sent or asked them about imported titles?
post #198 of 417 Old 04-28-2009, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmag View Post

I filled out the request form on their website on Sunday.

For those of you who already went through the process, how long did it take before you received the email reply with the mailing label?

I put in an order last Wednesday and still haven't gotten an email. I called their support on Saturday and they said my order is in the system, they just haven't processed it yet. I was told that I would be sent a confirmation when they finished processing it and made a shipping label.

Don't know what's taking so long. If it doesn't come soon they'll be getting another call.
post #199 of 417 Old 04-28-2009, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by butcher2008 View Post

I put in an order last Wednesday and still haven't gotten an email. I called their support on Saturday and they said my order is in the system, they just haven't processed it yet. I was told that I would be sent a confirmation when they finished processing it and made a shipping label.

Don't know what's taking so long. If it doesn't come soon they'll be getting another call.

I did mine on Saturday or Sunday and got my confirmation email the same day with my shipping label and shipped them out on Monday after making copies.
post #200 of 417 Old 04-28-2009, 03:45 PM
AVS Special Member

I sent mine in on a Wednesday. Didn't get anything so I called them Monday and it arrived in my box on Tuesday. I shipped today. I tried telling the lady I was talking to that a lot of people are saying that its dropping in their junk mail box and that some spam systems may even delete and the girl had no concept what I was saying and referred me to the fine print that said something about something else... I told her to make a note of what I told her so she could tell her it people... oh well.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" -Arthur C. Clarke
post #201 of 417 Old 04-28-2009, 05:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Ordered 14 discs yesterday and got the confirmation e-mail in 10 minutes. Went to Office Max this afternoon and made color copies of the covers for 49 cents each (Kinkos refused to do it for me) and mailed everything off. I am suprised how well the color copies look. I am still up in the air on what to do- sell the Blu-ray versions and make a small profit, or bundle the hd-dvds (with the copied covers) with one of my Toshiba HD-DVD players and sell them on craigslist.

NE Ohio HT Nutt
post #202 of 417 Old 04-28-2009, 05:54 PM

HOWELL, MI, US
Tuesday, April 28, 2009 8:09:00 AM
Arrival at Unit

This is for Planet Earth, Bonnie and Clyde, and Casablanca
post #203 of 417 Old 04-28-2009, 06:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKoprowski View Post

Ordered 14 discs yesterday and got the confirmation e-mail in 10 minutes. Went to Office Max this afternoon and made color copies of the covers for 49 cents each (Kinkos refused to do it for me) and mailed everything off. I am suprised how well the color copies look. I am still up in the air on what to do- sell the Blu-ray versions and make a small profit, or bundle the hd-dvds (with the copied covers) with one of my Toshiba HD-DVD players and sell them on craigslist.

Logically with all things taken in... I would suggest you get rid of the hd-dvd's as soon as possible... after all, its been dead for 1.5 years now

post #204 of 417 Old 04-28-2009, 07:22 PM
T2k

Well, I have that piece of paper form the back of my Ultimate set so I will send that in - this is what first they asked after all...
post #205 of 417 Old 04-30-2009, 12:23 AM

Who cares if HD DVD is dead. I have three players that will probably last 10+ years (15-20 if I don't over work each unit). By then, there will certatinly be a new a better format so I'll switch then. The difference between HD DVD and BD are very minute (except if you're an audio purist really have to have DTS MA HD over DD+).

Hence I'm keeping my player and disc. The only trade-in I might do is the Matrix Trilogy (Complete for Ultimate) as that would be an upgrade to get the Anamatrix in HD. Otherwise I see this as kinda of a waste of money...rather buy a new BD instead.

HD-DVD: 119 - Battlestar Galactica - Season 1
LD: 60+ - Al Jarreau Tenderness Concert
DVD:400+ - Gran Turino
VHS: 80+; S-VHS: 2
BD: 40 - Prince of Persia
post #206 of 417 Old 04-30-2009, 01:40 AM
Advanced Member

Paid for WB's movies in HD once. Players and discs work fine. Sorry, WB isn't getting anymore of my money.

HD DVD collection: DVD Profiler, Latest Photo
post #207 of 417 Old 04-30-2009, 07:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Some prudent strategies there ^^^ & replace them with something else when they are worn out.
The reinvestment expenditure doesn't really make sense for most.

Panasonic TC-P60ST60 + Sony STR-DG810 + LG BH200 + JBL L830's x2 + JBL LC1 + JBL Loft40 x 2 + Polk PSW10 + Harmony One
post #208 of 417 Old 04-30-2009, 11:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 24
For the folks who have already mailed off the paper slips to WB, I have a question.

Did you put any other identifying info into your packet or just the slips? When you printed out the mailing label, it comes with a separate label that says "MERCHANDISE RETURN MAILING ACKNOWLEDGMENT". Above it, it says "Online e-Label Record".

What is this and what did you do with it?

My perpetual home theater build - Omaha Theater #5
post #209 of 417 Old 04-30-2009, 01:18 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 18
I sent in a few. Matrix, Ocean's Set, 2001, Polar Express, and National Lampoons. I watch these at least once a year so I thought it would be good to have a backup and I can then lend them to friends as well.
post #210 of 417 Old 04-30-2009, 01:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctiq21 View Post

I sent in a few. Matrix, Ocean's Set, 2001, Polar Express, and National Lampoons. I watch these at least once a year so I thought it would be good to have a backup and I can then lend them to friends as well.

and when you think about it the matrix is an upgrade (well... once they get a replacement program setup for revolutions) and polar express might possibly be an upgrade (i don't think anyone has heard back on if they get the 3D version or not)
Reply HD DVD Software

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page