Forum Jump: 

Old 06-11-2009, 02:16 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
http://www.thehdroom.com/news/Transf...y_and_DVD/4974

Any love for HD-DVD owners of this movie???

Video Games, 3D, and Home Theater Forever! ^_^

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2009, 03:59 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
You're kidding, right?
Old 06-11-2009, 04:36 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Umm, no I am not. What's the point with having a HD-DVD area at all then on this web site.

Old 06-11-2009, 05:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyabusha View Post

Umm, no I am not. What's the point with having a HD-DVD area at all then on this web site.

Notice how your link doesn't mention HD DVD?

Have you heard Toshiba pulled the plug last year?

Old 06-11-2009, 06:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Here's the story:

HD-DVD is dead for more than one year.

Did you know that?

The HD-DVD area is for discussing about that media but we all know that no more movies will be release on HD-DVD.
This is sad but true.

Cheers,
Gui.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Is he a troll or is he just special?

Old 06-11-2009, 07:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I just went out and bought the Blu-ray. All those on this fourm, are Trolls. Especially iamiam. I'm otta here...

Old 06-11-2009, 10:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:

All those on this fourm, are Trolls. Especially iamiam. I'm otta here...

We're trolls? No... just picked the wrong format so we could buy lotsa' $3 HD disks. So... you're "otta here"? Why were you ever here to begin with?
Old 06-11-2009, 11:13 PM
Advanced Member

Mister Monster's not exactly the brightest bulb on the tree it seems.

We're still here in this forum to share info and good deals as they turn up. Nothing wrong with that.

2008 Samsung HLxxA650/Series 6 DLP Thread/FAQ
HD DVDs: 235
BD: 20
DVD: Too Many!

Free Men Do Not Ask Permission to Bear Arms
Old 06-12-2009, 11:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Did anyone actually read the content of the link that the OP posted?

The link is about online content for the new Transformers movie accessible from owners of the first movie. There should be no reason that the servers hosting this online content can't accept requests from clients who are running the HD-DVD version of the original movie.

This is not about a new HD-DVD disc...this is about accessing new online content with an already released HD-DVD, which I own, and I agree with the original poster...so I have to go out and buy the blu-ray version of the first Transformers movie when all I want to do is access online content, which should be perfectly doable using my HD-DVD version of Transformers that I already paid for?

Chris

Epson 5020UB (won on AVSForum!) on Elite Sable 16:9 100", Oppo BDP-83 & 93 (ISO firmware), Dune HD Base 3.0, Darblet, Sony MDR-DS7500 Wireless Surround Headphones & Onkyo TX-SR707
Old 06-12-2009, 01:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherom View Post

The link is about online content for the new Transformers movie accessible from owners of the first movie. There should be no reason that the servers hosting this online content can't accept requests from clients who are running the HD-DVD version of the original movie.

This is not about a new HD-DVD disc...this is about accessing new online content with an already released HD-DVD, which I own, and I agree with the original poster...so I have to go out and buy the blu-ray version of the first Transformers movie when all I want to do is access online content, which should be perfectly doable using my HD-DVD version of Transformers that I already paid for?

Chris

Thanks man, at least someone here wasn't just bashing me for no reason, and saw the light to my original post.

Old 06-12-2009, 02:34 PM
Advanced Member

No. I think there was perfectly good reason. I think you'd be hard pressed to find ANY studio or distributor willing to support the "dead" format. Obviously, most here still love the format, but don't have unrealistic expectations. Is what you want do-able? Yes. Likely? Nope.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:02 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
I just tried. Content is still there and downloaded some but no new content. It would require a new interface to point to the dl file.

I agree with the OP. We are here to discuss HD DVD. If you are here for another reason, go play your ps3.

HD-DVD: 115 Blu: 6
Latest HD-DVD: All of them at Frys for under $10.

Latest BD: No incentive to pick up discs now that the format war is over. Netflix via xbox and mail is more that sufficient.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB GAMER View Post

I just tried. Content is still there and downloaded some but no new content. It would require a new interface to point to the dl file.

I agree with the OP. We are here to discuss HD DVD. If you are here for another reason, go play your ps3.

So...you're here to discuss something that doesn't, and in all likelyhood, will never exist for HD-DVD. And you want me to go away because I'm realistic to that fact? Nice logic.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:33 PM
Advanced Member

Oh so that's what he meant? The first post wasn't clear, another 10 seconds composing it would have got the thread on the right foot.

2008 Samsung HLxxA650/Series 6 DLP Thread/FAQ
HD DVDs: 235
BD: 20
DVD: Too Many!

Free Men Do Not Ask Permission to Bear Arms
Old 06-12-2009, 03:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gluvhand View Post

So...you're here to discuss something that doesn't, and in all likelyhood, will never exist for HD-DVD. And you want me to go away because I'm realistic to that fact? Nice logic.

I am here to discuss the Transformer HD-DVD a product that does in fact exist. What are you here to discuss?

Latest BD: No incentive to pick up discs now that the format war is over. Netflix via xbox and mail is more that sufficient.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Considering it says that it'll start on June 16th, why not simply wait until June 16th and see if there is anything new available?

PSN/XBL: bassmonkeee
Wii number: Who cares?
Old 06-12-2009, 04:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I am here to discuss the Transformer HD-DVD a product that does in fact exist. What are you here to discuss?

The Transformers HD-DVD is not the topic. It's whether or not the sneak peak of Revenge of the Fallen will be offered up to Transformers HD-DVD owners. Considering the lengths the studios went to to bury HD-DVD I don't think it's realistic. I do hope I'm pleasantly surprised, though. And do me a favor. Don't question my intent. Feel free to question the content. Same as you, I come here because of my appreciation of the format. That won't cloud perspective.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherom View Post

Content of the link is not relevant to the poor wording of the OP, which can be read in many ways. First 6 posters responding to it read it the same way, why?

Old 06-12-2009, 07:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gluvhand View Post

The Transformers HD-DVD is not the topic. It's whether or not the sneak peak of Revenge of the Fallen will be offered up to Transformers HD-DVD owners. Considering the lengths the studios went to to bury HD-DVD I don't think it's realistic. I do hope I'm pleasantly surprised, though. And do me a favor. Don't question my intent. Feel free to question the content. Same as you, I come here because of my appreciation of the format. That won't cloud perspective.

Considering that the Transformers HD-DVD would be the logical delivery mechanism for the trailer, I argue that the disc itself is at the core of the topic.

Old 06-12-2009, 08:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Considering that the Transformers HD-DVD would be the logical delivery mechanism for the trailer, I argue that the disc itself is at the core of the topic.

All logic and any validity your arguement has died the day HD-DVD did. Besides, wouldn't this be just a perfectly devious way of getting people to double dip? Like I said earlier, I'd love to be presently surprised. I'm not holding my breath.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassmonkeee View Post

Considering it says that it'll start on June 16th, why not simply wait until June 16th and see if there is anything new available?

Where would the fun in that be when we could guess instead ? My guess is that if Paramount was planning to release these bonus features on HD DVD they would have mentioned it when they announced them for Blu-ray and DVD.
Old 06-13-2009, 09:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Paul View Post

Where would the fun in that be when we could guess instead ? My guess is that if Paramount was planning to release these bonus features on HD DVD they would have mentioned it when they announced them for Blu-ray and DVD.

I had hoped that the hosted data for BD-Live and HD DVD online extras was similar, but the method it was called was different. I guess that was too much to ask.

If I really want to see the online stuff, I'll rent the BD from Blockbuster. When I want to watch the movie, I'll pop in my HD DVD.

BTW it's HD DVD, not HD-DVD.

Webdev511
San Jose, CA
TrueHD = DTS-MA = LPCM
Low Bit Rate AVC > Low Bit Rate VC-1
High Bit Rate VC-1 > High Bit Rate AVC
MPEG-2 = Great for DVD and that's about it.
Old 06-13-2009, 09:45 AM
Advanced Member

Having just checked, Paramount is still providing web-enabled content access from the HD DVD, including some that was not there last time I checked. I don't have a BD-Live player, so am unable to compare to see if there is any differences between BD and HD DVD content.

I am guessing they will make the teaser available to both formats, why not its a promo for a Theatrical release not a BD release.
Old 06-13-2009, 11:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye3.1 View Post

Having just checked, Paramount is still providing web-enabled content access from the HD DVD, including some that was not there last time I checked. I don't have a BD-Live player, so am unable to compare to see if there is any differences between BD and HD DVD content.

I am guessing they will make the teaser available to both formats, why not its a promo for a Theatrical release not a BD release.

I think because of this there is a small chance that we could see this on HD DVD. This isn't about the politics of Bluray vs HD DVD. It's about selling tickets at this moment. You best believe that if they look at their data and see that more people are on average are watching the HD DVD version of Transformers versus the Bluray version lately that the content would find it's way to us. After all HD DVD users buy movie tickets too (well maybe they don't seeing as were trying to get HD content on the cheap LOL)

AT HAMMOND ROBOTICS WE'RE BRINGING THE FUTURE ... HOME
Old 06-13-2009, 12:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership View Post

After all HD DVD users buy movie tickets too

But we are a tiny, tiny, tiny percentage of the movie-going public. As a group we wouldn't even cause the tiniest of blips on their ticket sales radar.
Old 06-13-2009, 12:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by webdev511 View Post

I had hopped that the hosted data for BD-Live and HD DVD online extras was similar, but the method it was called was different. I guess that was too much to ask.

If I really want to see the online stuff, I'll rent the BD from Blockbuster. When I want to watch the movie, I'll pop in my HD DVD.

BTW it's HD DVD, not HD-DVD.

And BTW, it's hoped, not hopped. Glass houses my friend.
Old 06-13-2009, 09:35 PM
Nox
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
It's my thought that Paramount wants to sell owners of the HD DVD Transformers a brand new Blu-ray version of the movie. By dangling these new BD-Live features in front of us, I have to admit, it's even made me think about buying it again.

So, in that respect, no, there won't be any new online content for the HD DVD.

BUT... Then again, even though the format is gone, Paramount may still wish to support the all time best-selling HD DVD title. After all, the online content is still up.

-David
Old 06-13-2009, 10:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Actually according to the screen on my A20 it's HDDVD with out the hyphen or the space. I'll chuck my .02 in here and state that I do not believe that there will be any new content for us here in HDDVD land and if we want it we will have to purchase the Blu version.

Regards,

RTROSE

My (slower than molasses) HT build here.
Now a Certified Carpet Counselor and Plumbing Counselor (Self given titles - pay no attention).
Enjoying my "almost done" theater.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:15 PM

Percentage of:
People who own HD DVD: Small
People who own Transformers HD DVD: little bit smaller
People who own Transformers HD DVD and are going to go online to watch 25 minutes of special features: Even smaller
A majority of users here will admit to spending very little on this title ($6 for me in December) knowing it was a dead format with little remaining support, so I don't think anyone can really complain.