post #61 of 79 Old 05-23-2010, 12:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermoravec View Post

I bought feast a couple years ago from inetvideo for 5 bucks...it can't be that rare

okay, I must have misunderstood you because feast can be found all over including amazon for 12 bucks

Feast was one of the $3 Fry's blowouts during the last retail days of HD DVD.

I definitely wouldn't put it in any rare category.

Most of the rare titles tend to be the foreign titles and some of the American concert titles. I would put the sucky Method Man concert as somewhat rare. I couldn't imagine anything released by Paramount/Dreamworks, Universal or Warner to be rare. Maybe one of the Magnolia or smaller studio titles? Bubble? King of California? Some of those 3x DVD's released by HDNet are rare, but yawn...

Some of the adult titles are rare. However, I think I said that already in a different post.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 79 Old 06-16-2010, 01:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
DEADLANDS 2 "extended cut" is pretty rare I believe
post #63 of 79 Old 06-16-2010, 05:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socio View Post

DEADLANDS 2 "extended cut" is pretty rare I believe

I think it's more the perception among a few that it's rare, rather than it actually being the case. Assuming that 500 copies were made or will be made and sold soon, that sounds to me like plenty enough to go around for this type of title.
post #64 of 79 Old 06-17-2010, 07:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
How about Led Zeppelin The Song Remains The Same with the extra that was removed later.

Don't remember what the extra was. May have been the Cameron Crowe piece.

Although somewhat off-topic did they ever correct the audio dropout that was only in the Blu-ray version?
post #65 of 79 Old 06-24-2010, 10:53 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
post #66 of 79 Old 06-24-2010, 11:14 AM

Yeah, this Swedish one is on Ebay right now-but isn't this just his own recording on some blank HD DVD with no English, not an official HD DVD pressing? I guess it's similar to Deadlands release..
post #67 of 79 Old 06-24-2010, 01:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Why is "Rides" sooooo hard too find?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by narcopolo View Post

How about Led Zeppelin The Song Remains The Same with the extra that was removed later.

Don't remember what the extra was. May have been the Cameron Crowe piece.

I would think it's more like Nirvanas: "Nevermind"; the 'corrected' version being rarer than the original release.
It was the "Crowe" piece because of The Kinks music, if I remember right.

"I wonder if any of the releases had slipcovers though."
"Are these comfirmed to have slipcovers?"
"They look nice in those slips."
"This slipcover looks too good to pass up."
post #68 of 79 Old 07-07-2010, 01:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalbabe View Post

Yeah, this Swedish one is on Ebay right now-but isn't this just his own recording on some blank HD DVD with no English, not an official HD DVD pressing? I guess it's similar to Deadlands release..

From the text it seems like they were burned on blank DVDs rather than HD DVDs so it would be HD DVD compatible content on DVD.

HD DVD: 387 (new: Taking Lives ; list)
Blu-ray: 262 (new: North Face (UK) ; list)
HD DVD-R: 262 (new: Charlie Wilson's War ; list)
post #69 of 79 Old 07-10-2010, 05:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
I have seen these listed as rare HD DVD imports;

Out of Time (Japanese Import)

The Gift (Japanese import)

Antinonsense (Russian import)

For a few Dollars More (Italian import)

Mystery of the Nile (Spanish import)

The Power of Fear (Russian import)

Mr. Brooks (Russian import)

The Tiger and the Snow (Italian Import)

Two Brothers (French import)

The Magic Flute (Japanese import)
post #70 of 79 Old 07-10-2010, 01:31 PM

Liked: 32
Babe..Just noticed I am catching up to you, though I doubt I ever will. You have 460 HD DVD. I am just a hair over 310! When I started this 2 1/2 years ago, I never would have thunk it! I still remember having my first 6 or 7 and wondering how anyone could have such a vast library of titles and yet, here I am. I am no longer the one doing the envying as much as I am the one that is envied! Hilarious!
post #71 of 79 Old 07-10-2010, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splicer010 View Post

Babe..Just noticed I am catching up to you, though I doubt I ever will. You have 460 HD DVD. I am just a hair over 310! When I started this 2 1/2 years ago, I never would have thunk it! I still remember having my first 6 or 7 and wondering how anyone could have such a vast library of titles and yet, here I am. I am no longer the one doing the envying as much as I am the one that is envied! Hilarious!

Splicer-funny you mention that, LOL. Years ago (2007), I said I thought it was crazy what some people were spending on Taking Lives (back then), Out of Time, and others. Years later, I spent quite a bit on a few of my titles. It's truthfully the first time I've "collected" anything with such a fever-ha! But it's been fun hunting them down, and swapping sources/stories with fellow collectors...and of course watching Unfortunately, HD DVD, with its region-free capability also got me looking at imports on Blu and DVD (a whole other growing addiction). As cheesy as it sounds, though-I'll always have a special place in my heart for my "Reds"
post #72 of 79 Old 07-12-2010, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kannisto View Post

From the text it seems like they were burned on blank DVDs rather than HD DVDs so it would be HD DVD compatible content on DVD.

Deadlands 2 is an HD DVD R, meaning it is HD DVD blank media burned as opposed to stamped. I can't speak for the other flick though

writer and director DEADLANDS 2: TRAPPED

HD-DVD 321(Crank, The Prestige, No Reservations, Happy Gilmore)
Blu-Ray 75 (Gladiator/Braveheart)
post #73 of 79 Old 07-13-2010, 05:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post

Deadlands 2 is an HD DVD R, meaning it is HD DVD blank media burned as opposed to stamped. I can't speak for the other flick though

I was specifically writing about the Swedish disc that was discussed above my post, based on info from here:

http://www.minhembio.com/forum/index...owtopic=243356

HD DVD: 387 (new: Taking Lives ; list)
Blu-ray: 262 (new: North Face (UK) ; list)
HD DVD-R: 262 (new: Charlie Wilson's War ; list)
post #75 of 79 Old 01-31-2011, 02:14 AM
EJ
AVS Special Member

Is the South Park "Fun with Weapons" rare? I ask because I have a copy and had no idea.

Former USSB uplink operator.
post #76 of 79 Old 01-31-2011, 11:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ View Post

Is the South Park "Fun with Weapons" rare? I ask because I have a copy and had no idea.

Yeah, it's rare, sort of. It was a promo item at Best Buy that I'm sure many missed.
post #77 of 79 Old 02-01-2011, 06:40 AM

ldworld-thank you for your message. I understand that you are upset, and I'd like to clarify a few things myself. I previously said I had no idea if you were the same seller. I did not say there were "no" payment methods.I said the ones that "most" folks use ("the popular and trusted ones") are not accepted in Russia for a number of reasons (Google provides plenty of info).

My warning was prompted because you happened to appear at the same time as the other seller from which I had purchased (and not yet received discs) also suddenly was online, after a few weeks of no communication, and you said you were selling some of the same discs. I apologize if I contributed to a case of apparent "mistaken identity".

I am one of very few that will actually transfer and purchase from high risk areas, and hence own relatively rare discs myself. However, within the HD DVD community, many larger collectors post warnings and send each other private messages as FYI's, to avoid trouble for the above reasons, and will not buy unless trusted, prolific payment services are accepted by the buyer or the buyer is already known on the forums-you can check any of the hi-def forums to validate this general posting/warning pattern.

I've been in media distribution for decades, and aside from being one of the last HD DVD enthusiasts and importers of rare discs left, we've regularly imported large qty electronics and media as part of private sale, from all over the world. As I shared with you previously during our discussion of Bloodrayne at the other forum, I am very familiar with the process.

There was no "carelessness" on my part with my previous transaction-the funds were transferred using a known international service (which was also used previously without incident), one of the only payment methods accepted for transfers to Russia, and one that has some fraud recovery option, as opposed to some others. All communication was kept, etc. The package was shipped via a method the seller had used before (and as I said I received discs that time), and which you yourself said was the safest (when I asked you about Bloodrayne yesterday on another forum, via PM). But unfortunately it's either lost, or hung up in customs-both of which I have no control over. The transaction is being investigated further and resolved amongst the seller and myself, and all remaining details are not known to anyone but the two of us.

I am posting the following as an olive branch to you, as you may not be known on the forums, and may be encountering some additional level of mistrust or scepticism from potential buyers, because of the nature of your discs. Please understand, the largest HD DVD collectors on here, have seen "rare" discs multiply into 100's and 1000's of copies, after being told they were "rare", and despite being skilled buyers and sellers on the largest market places online, with significant feedback or other experience, have themselves been caught up in transactions where international goods were not delivered.

This "warning" or "exploration" type post by HD DVD collectors is not particular to me, but happens on forums/via PM's, to help protect each other. It occurs because since the inception of, and discontinuance of HD DVD, we've all had our share of chasing "ghost" discs around the globe. I am not referring to you and your discs, but rather the general climate of HD DVD collecting over the years, and the situation that exists, now in 2011-which you've now stepped into.

Though your picture comment was directed at Jung (I don't him personally and I am sure he can speak for himself if he finds it necessary), I have no idea who first saw them, or who you first sent them to, initially. Obviously you have the right to ask for them to be removed from any forum. But try to understand the position of collectors who have been "through the mill" to obtain some of these discs-they'll simply want to share info of new discs uncovered, with each other, and try to research the validity before taking any risks-especially if a poster appears to be new/international. The posting of pictures, sources, etc happens all of the time in an effort to do the above. If you want to avoid your pictures circling the globe without you being the first poster, you may wish to post your own thread with pictures, or mark them with your e-mail address,which you had previously had done, on the pic host site.

I wish you all the best with your Ebay and forum sales. As you know, as an Ebay seller, Ebay provides an extra layer of protection in the minds of buyers, and some of the discs you have, have been on there before, so if you end up not selling them via forums at your asking price, you may find pursuing the Ebay avenue with other discs you have, a better option in the long-run.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

All the best,
DB

Update 2/4:

As promised I am posting in this thread to share the final outcome of my last transaction with "Starry" on another forum. Luckily, this story had a happy ending, after all, and my discs arrived today after nearly 2 months of seeing no tracking results stateside. Despite my fear that something had gone terribly amiss (all factors pointed towards a situation where that could have been the case), he has proven to be trustworthy and professional. As a long-time HD DVD enthusiast and hunter of rare discs, I highly recommend this seller, and hope to work with him again.
post #78 of 79 Old 02-02-2011, 11:03 AM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 73
No more bickering please.

larry

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. -- Thomas Alva Edison
post #79 of 79 Old 02-03-2011, 09:10 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Guys and Gals, please refrain from using this thread (or anyother) to post "want ads, for sale ads or trade ads". All of the discussion concerning purhasing, sales or trading belong in the classified forum only. If we make an exception for one person, than we would have to let others. We appreciate your understanding on this issue.

"Retired" AVS Moderator
Reply HD DVD Software

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page