post #31 of 35 Old 10-03-2011, 06:58 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by iontyre View Post

Be sure you are burning with UDF 2.5 or 2.6 disc format.

Btw, that seems to have done the trick! Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 Old 10-07-2011, 10:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I am having a bit of difficulty with BD-RE discs and movies that use DD+. Though the burned movie plays just fine on my PC with PowerDVD, they are not working on blu-ray players. On my Pioneer BDP-320, it plays for about a second and freezes. I can chapter skip, but then get another one second and a freeze. No audio at all. On a Magnavox player in the bedroom it plays, but video stutters every 3 seconds or so. Audio plays fine. Oddly, PowerDVD reports the audio as DD Plus 256kbps, not the 1536kbps it should be reporting.

I'm using this method for the DD+ track: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...3#post18917823
post #33 of 35 Old 11-02-2011, 11:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I converted a bunch of DD+ discs to BD-R (but I used eac3to to demux and TSMuxer to mux) and I also get problems with most of the players I have. My PS3 just freezes up before it plays even a frame of audio/video. My Oppo BDP-80 will play them fine (except Transformers which looks all blocky for some reason, maybe because it's an AVC disc), but the HDMI audio has to be set to LPCM, otherwise all I get is static for audio. My Popcorn Hour (via USB HDD or external BD burner) plays them fine, although sometimes I have to pause and unpause to get the bitstreamed DD+ decoded properly by my Onkyo 805, otherwise it's just static. My Panasonic Blu-ray recorder (from Japan) doesn't seem to have any problems with the few discs I've tried, even when bitstreaming DD+. The Panny is a fairly new model, so maybe one of their newer BD players will have better luck than your Pioneer. Also try setting HDMI audio output to LPCM if you haven't already.
post #34 of 35 Old 11-05-2011, 05:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd213 View Post

but the HDMI audio has to be set to LPCM,

That's it! I turned off the bitstreaming on my Pioneer and my DD+ BD-RE test disk (with Serenity on it) worked perfectly. That's a workaround I can live with. Thanks!
post #35 of 35 Old 02-15-2012, 09:11 AM

Liked: 12
I would love to back up my copy of The Eagles Farewell Tour to BD. However, my computer skill is very lacking. If anyone has this in their collection and decide to put this on BD, I would love to make a trade for this..
Reply HD DVD Software

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page