How to remaster a DVD and convert it to a Blu-ray disc? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 10-04-2013, 06:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Okay my apologies for coming across real dumb but this is all very foreign to me. I had some old VHS tapes from back in the day of sporting games I had recorded off of TV. Once DVD's came around I converted them onto a blank DVD. But there were problems with the audio such as that "hissing" noise and little clicks, and popping. Also on the picture, there were little artefacts here and there and the colorization was off for some reason. Since blu-ray allows me to store more hours of programming on one disc I want to clean and remaster this dvd before transferring it over. I know it can be done I just don't know how to in layman's terms and which programs to use. So basically I need help with the following.

1- How do I clean the audio of a DVD (which was transferred over from a VHS tape) to remove all the unwanted hissing, and humming noises?

2- How do I correct the color of the video so it is restored to how it originally was?

3- How to remove any such problems as artefacts or things that pop up on the screen/dvd that shouldn't be there and improve the picture quality?

4-Is there anything else I should consider for "remastering" my DVD before transferring it to blu-ray?

5- How do I finalize this recreated DVD and transfer it over so that it may be burnt on a blu-ray disc?

If you could please help me with this in a way I can understand and what programs to use I would greatly appreciate it since these games mean a lot to me, hence why I have hung onto them all these years. Thank you so much in advance!
Reply HD DVD Software