Is there any free or cheapish software that plays hd dvd and lets you adjust ratio? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-18-2015, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Is there any free or cheapish software that plays hd dvd and lets you adjust ratio?

When HD DVD was dying I bought titles for basically nothing that are still sealed and even the unsealed ones have never been used because the only software I ever used was totalmedia theatre and that played them but you were unable to adjust things like aspect ratio meaning 4:3 things only took part of the picture or you had the ones that only took up part of the screen and I wanted full screen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-24-2015, 07:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 22
If you are explicitly trying to chop off parts of movies in order to fill the whole screen with video, no, I have no idea if any software will do that. I would only want the opposite: Always watch the entire original program, regardless of whether the monitor/display was fully "lit". I cannot see the point of trying to do so.

Chris

"It's [expletive] lame to watch Jaws, a film that uses the 2.40 ratio as well as any ever produced, in the wrong format on HBO." -Steven Soderbergh, Oscar-winning director

post #3 of 3 Old 08-30-2015, 01:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Its more for 4:3 than anything I dont mind bars at top and bottom but side bars annoy me. as it defeats the purpose of having a large tv if half of it is unused.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HD DVD Software

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page