Originally Posted by MattDJ
Aah, maybe thats what ive not done (evo thing)... Yeah it changes all sorts of shapes in the preview and on my plasma the HDDVD will play but it will have the main menu (ive made) strobing in the background LOL
So, ive just done it now, and its changed only the vertical res to 1080 but kept the horizontal at 1280... is that right or should i change it to 1920 manually?
From the guide on page 1 (with one minor clarification):
2. 720p files: Movie Factory 5 and VideoStudio 10+ do not recognize 720p as a valid HD-DVD format. They will attempt to re-encode 720p files during the authoring process. In order to avoid this, you can use HDPatch to "prep" a 720p file for authoring.
To use this feature:
1. Process your .ts, .tp or .m2t file with Womble MPEG2VCR to convert transport stream to program stream.
2. Run HDPatch; select your 720p stream by clicking on the "..." box at the end of the "File:" line. In the browser, find your file.
3. In the menu select Preset>>720p> Pre - patch 720p for MF5/VS10+.
4. Select the "Patch Stream" button at the bottom.
The patch should be virtually instantaneous. Complete the process outlined above to create the HD DVD folder on the hard drive.Before you can burn the HD DVD to disc, you must patch the .EVO file within the folder.
1. Run HDPatch and click on the "..." box at the end of the "File:" line. In the browser, find the first .EVO file in the HD DVD folder you just created.
2. From the menu, select 720p>Post - Patch EVO/IFO for burn.
3. Select the "Patch Stream" button at the bottom.
The patch should be virtually instantaneous. Your HD DVD folder is now ready for burning in Nero Burning ROM.