Yes, I can use the UDF setting in Nero no problem with Verbatim DL DVD+R discs. My burner is a Plextor 716A.
As for authoring, I've figured out how to author pretty much any TS file that is 29.97 frames/sec. If it's 25 f/s it burns and I can play it but the video is jerky and the audio gets out of sync. Shame the A1 doesn't support 50hz playback
The Xbox 360 doesn't even blink when you throw a 50hz file at it. Plays like a charm over my network. Hopefully a future firmware upgrade will support 50hz playback on the A1.
FYI, Here's the process I use for succesful authoring of 29.97 f/sec TS files to DVD-/+R and DVD+R DL:
1) Run TS file through Quickstream fix in VideoRedo to a new TS file
2) Split the new TS file in VideoRedo to mpeg program stream file(s)
3) Run the mpeg files through mpeg-vcr to new mpeg program stream files (this fixes the serious loading time issues in VS10+, at least for me)
4) After loading file in VS10+, change project settings to match movie size and audio bitrate settings, but leave "Don't convert compliant Mpeg files" checked
5) Write(Burn) to HD-DVD folder and burn to disc with Nero 7.
This process works like a charm. Real shame about 25 f/sec files not working right. I've got some good movies that are 50hz
The Fifth Element being one of them. Oh well, will just keep fingers crossed for firmware upgrade or firmware hack.