Wolf Creek issues on 360 add on - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 01-08-2007, 08:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I bought Wolf creek today and find that the making of documentary will not play. When I choose it I get an error code and am taken back to the dashboard. Anyone else get this issue? I guess it's another issue that won't be taken care of a la Superman returns. It's very frustrating cause I am loving the hd dvd format but hating all of these issues; hopefully Batman Begin's works perfectly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 01-08-2007, 09:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just saw this on my A1 a few hours ago. The extra featurretes take like a few minutes to load for me, but no error messages - the loading time is an issue that only concerns the first batch of Weinstein HD DVDs
post #3 of 9 Old 01-08-2007, 09:03 PM - Thread Starter

Wow! I really had no issue with load times and thought if that was going to be the only issue with the disc I could handle it but being a special features nut this is a little disappointing. I guess this is an issue for MS then if it works on the standalone players.
post #4 of 9 Old 01-08-2007, 09:07 PM
Advanced Member

I dunno, I 've never had any problems on any discs concerning extra features, but I do know that Weinstein discs have a peculiar load time lag which is frustrating. What problem did you have with Superman Returns?
post #5 of 9 Old 01-08-2007, 09:10 PM - Thread Starter

Depending on the many copies of the hd dvd I had it would skip and or freeze in either chapter 19 or 20. I am on my 4th copy and still experience issues. Fry's only exchanges them so I cannot get my money back, and all I want is a good copy of the movie that plays flawlessly.
post #6 of 9 Old 01-08-2007, 09:24 PM
Advanced Member

yea, it was a known batch of faulty discs for SR - did you purchase it like immediately after its release? I bought mine about 3 weeks after and it played flawlessly.
post #7 of 9 Old 01-08-2007, 10:03 PM - Thread Starter

Actually I just bought it last Thursday at Fry's. It's weird because it doesn't always act up at a certain spot. A few minute's a go it would freeze if i tried to go past chapter twenty and now it will allow me to. I wonder if I should just exchange the hd dvd drive and maybe that might solve my problem at least with SR.
post #8 of 9 Old 01-08-2007, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalazy View Post

Actually I just bought it last Thursday at Fry's. It's weird because it doesn't always act up at a certain spot. A few minute's a go it would freeze if i tried to go past chapter twenty and now it will allow me to. I wonder if I should just exchange the hd dvd drive and maybe that might solve my problem at least with SR.

its not the 360 add on its the movie. keep returning it eventually they will give u your money back. Best buy finally did after returning it 6 times, warner needs to fix SR for HD-dvd cause the Blu ray version plays flawlessly. Chapters 20-21 are just messed up. I have had no other problems with skipping or freezing on any other movie with the 360 addon so i know its the freakin SR disk. IT really pissed me off cause the sound is much better on the HD-dvd version, but there is no way you should keep a movie that doesn't play flawlessly everytime.
post #9 of 9 Old 01-08-2007, 11:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by edvedder View Post

its not the 360 add on its the movie. keep returning it eventually they will give u your money back. Best buy finally did after returning it 6 times, warner needs to fix SR for HD-dvd cause the Blu ray version plays flawlessly. Chapters 20-21 are just messed up. I have had no other problems with skipping or freezing on any other movie with the 360 addon so i know its the freakin SR disk. IT really pissed me off cause the sound is much better on the HD-dvd version, but there is no way you should keep a movie that doesn't play flawlessly everytime.

Thanks! I will definitely do that.
Reply HD DVD Software

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page