Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 41 Old 03-18-2007, 10:20 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Anyways. . .

I actually thought the transfer was great and on par with what i saw in theaters. (maybe a bit better) I am a huge Kevin Smith fan and was a nice addition to the ViewAsker universe and suggest to anyone to give it at least a rental.

Supporting both HD-DVD and Blu-ray

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 41 Old 03-19-2007, 08:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by narcopolo View Post

No, I have the HD DVD. Didn't remember that part though.

I'm sorry, but have you watched the movie? The entire movie takes place in Moobys.

Your mom is a classy lady!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

/ 

post #33 of 41 Old 03-19-2007, 09:13 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky042 View Post

Listen to the commentary it was intenionally washed out due to it's color pallate and to add to the feel of the movie.

Bingo. Same goes for the grainy look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftech View Post

Look around at the threads. Clerks II is not the exception. It seems to be the rule of late.

GONE are the threads dripping with excitement over the latest and greatest release in terms of PQ. Remember those threads? Serenity, Phantom of the Opera, Aeon Flux, Mission Impossible III, King Kong. Remember?

John

lol

We do not train to be merciful here.
post #34 of 41 Old 10-18-2007, 04:51 AM

Any Kevin Smith fan deserves the best transfer.
Clerks II was a no brainer for me.
You can find used copies at FYE for $14.99 on HD DVD.

....Its not who you love...Its how!!!
post #35 of 41 Old 10-18-2007, 06:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by invadergir View Post

I actually thought the transfer was great and on par with what i saw in theaters. (maybe a bit better)

Ditto

PEACE--->Rhoq

post #36 of 41 Old 11-13-2007, 12:31 AM
Advanced Member

I've never been a fan of Kevin Smith movies. After watching Mallrats on Sunday I wasn't expecting much from Clerks II. Don't get me wrong, I thought Mallrats was funny--just not great. I just watched Clerks II and loved it. Yes, Rosario Dawson is smokin' hot in HD, but the movie is good, too.

I really enjoyed it and thought "the PQ was pretty damn good" (to quote Graham Johnson)--especially after seeing Mallrats. I was so into the movie afterwards that I watched all the extras on the second disc as well. The hour+ documentary (some parts were in HD) about what led up to Kevin Smith "going back to the well" to do Clerks II, the filming process, the Cannes film festival, etc., was the best reality TV I've seen in a while.

Good PQ, fun movie, lots of extras = no brainer for Kevin Smith fans. Even if you're not into Kevin Smith or you don't know anything about Clerks (which I didn't) it's still a good HD DVD title for the collection IMO.

HD DVD collection:
post #37 of 41 Old 11-13-2007, 03:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohkul View Post

I've never been a fan of Kevin Smith movies. After watching Mallrats on Sunday I wasn't expecting much from Clerks II. Don't get me wrong, I thought Mallrats was funny--just not great. I just watched Clerks II and loved it. Yes, Rosario Dawson is smokin' hot in HD, but the movie is good, too.

I really enjoyed it and thought "the PQ was pretty damn good" (to quote Graham Johnson)--especially after seeing Mallrats. I was so into the movie afterwards that I watched all the extras on the second disc as well. The hour+ documentary (some parts were in HD) about what led up to Kevin Smith "going back to the well" to do Clerks II, the filming process, the Cannes film festival, etc., was the best reality TV I've seen in a while.

Good PQ, fun movie, lots of extras = no brainer for Kevin Smith fans. Even if you're not into Kevin Smith or you don't know anything about Clerks (which I didn't) it's still a good HD DVD title for the collection IMO.

Yeah. Mallrats was the first HD DVD I purchased where I was underwhelmed by the PQ. Clerks 2 looked significantly better to me.

We do not train to be merciful here.
post #38 of 41 Old 11-13-2007, 06:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohkul View Post

If you enjoyed Clerks II but have never seen Clerks, I'd suggest that you RUN (don't walk ) to get yourself a copy.

Clerks II is fun enough, but the first movie is a bonefide classic. Still his best work (although Chasing Amy is a close second). It's available in a super-fantastic, 3-disc, 10th anniversary edition:
http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=12191

(Approx. $20 at DeepDiscount if you use one of the 20% off codes.)

post #39 of 41 Old 11-13-2007, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPR Jose Ortiz View Post

Any Kevin Smith fan deserves the best transfer.
Clerks II was a no brainer for me.
You can find used copies at FYE for $14.99 on HD DVD.

Wal-mart has them new for a few cents less now.
post #40 of 41 Old 11-13-2007, 08:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboisvert View Post

If you enjoyed Clerks II but have never seen Clerks, I'd suggest that you RUN (don't walk ) to get yourself a copy.

Clerks II is fun enough, but the first movie is a bonefide classic. Still his best work (although Chasing Amy is a close second). It's available in a super-fantastic, 3-disc, 10th anniversary edition:
http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=12191

(Approx. $20 at DeepDiscount if you use one of the 20% off codes.)

Thanks, bboisvert, I'll add the two movies to my Christmas wishlist

HD DVD collection:
post #41 of 41 Old 08-12-2011, 09:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 44
Watched this for the millionth time, and I loved it even more. PQ was great as well.

I LOVE MOVIES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply HD DVD Software

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page