American Beauty on HD-DVD? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 18 Old 02-11-2007, 10:52 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone know if this movie would be HD DVD or a Blu-ray title?

PSN: J_Rodz2588
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 02-11-2007, 10:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I would think both. I believe it's DreamWorks and they are owned by Paramount.
post #3 of 18 Old 02-11-2007, 11:01 AM

DreamWorks in fact
post #4 of 18 Old 02-11-2007, 01:55 PM
Advanced Member

The rumor is Dreamworks plans to release all of their non animation movies on the HD DVD format exclusively.
post #5 of 18 Old 02-11-2007, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emannikcufesin View Post

The rumor is Dreamworks plans to release all of their non animation movies on the HD DVD format exclusively.

Where is this rumor from?
post #6 of 18 Old 02-11-2007, 03:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

What rumor is this? When Dreamworks decides to release on HD it will be in both formats as they will follow their parent company, just like New Line and WB.

~Josh

hidefpreview
post #7 of 18 Old 02-11-2007, 05:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I can't wait for this one. Such an excellent movie.
post #8 of 18 Old 02-11-2007, 05:24 PM
Advanced Member

The source of the Dreamworks HD exclusive rumor.

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articl...ses.html#hddvd
post #9 of 18 Old 02-11-2007, 07:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD View Post

I can't wait for this one. Such an excellent movie.

The music would sound heavenly in Dolby TruHD or PCM . This is a top ten all time film for me.
post #10 of 18 Old 02-11-2007, 08:51 PM

The information in that link is too old. I think it needs to be upgraded. Dreamworks will probably end up releasing movies in both formats.
post #11 of 18 Old 02-11-2007, 09:01 PM

Quote:

The source of the Dreamworks HD exclusive rumor.

I don't see the word "exclusive" in that link.
post #12 of 18 Old 02-11-2007, 09:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackinbox View Post

I don't see the word "exclusive" in that link.

I will try and hide my annoyance with this reply by masking it with sarcasm.

Let's make sure you covered the basics. First did you click on the above link? If you did that, congrats, you're almost there. Second scroll down a little bit. The link starts with HD DVD studio support and planned release titles. Find the studio named "Dreamworks", the studios are listed aphabetically so if you miss it the first time, try and remember your ABC's. Now, here is where some people get lost. Scroll down further to the Blu Ray section of supporting studios and find "Dreamworks", please read the comment following said studio. It reads something along the lines of "Their support for Blu Ray is unknown".

It would be safe to assume that because a dual format studio such as Paramount owns Dreamworks that logically Dreamworks would follow suit. I can't argue with that. I would be surprised if Rogue Pictures was neutral considering they are owned by Universal. All I can say is that obviously Digital Bits has received information to the contrary otherwise they would report the same neutral stance that Paramount has taken. So where did they get their information from? I don't know. So unless you have anything to offer that contridicts what they are reporting....I'll take what they say at face value, a rumor and nothing more - Support is planned for HD and not known for Blu Ray. This implies the phrase 'exclusive' until new information is released.
post #13 of 18 Old 02-11-2007, 10:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:

Let's make sure you covered the basics. First did you click on the above link? If you did that, congrats, you're almost there. Second scroll down a little bit. The link starts with HD DVD studio support and planned release titles. Find the studio named "Dreamworks", the studios are listed aphabetically so if you miss it the first time, try and remember your ABC's. Now, here is where some people get lost. Scroll down further to the Blu Ray section of supporting studios and find "Dreamworks", please read the comment following said studio. It reads something along the lines of "Their support for Blu Ray is unknown".

It would be safe to assume that because a dual format studio such as Paramount owns Dreamworks that logically Dreamworks would follow suit. I can't argue with that. I would be surprised if Rogue Pictures was neutral considering they are owned by Universal. All I can say is that obviously Digital Bits has received information to the contrary otherwise they would report the same neutral stance that Paramount has taken. So where did they get their information from? I don't know. So unless you have anything to offer that contridicts what they are reporting....I'll take what they say at face value, a rumor and nothing more - Support is planned for HD and not known for Blu Ray. This implies the phrase 'exclusive' until new information is released.

i think you are reading WAY too much into that.
post #14 of 18 Old 02-11-2007, 11:51 PM

Quote:

Saying "Their support for Blu-Ray is unknown" is quite different from saying they would be HD-DVD exclusive.
post #15 of 18 Old 02-12-2007, 12:00 AM

Quote:

Was that before or after they were bought by Paramount?
post #16 of 18 Old 02-12-2007, 07:35 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 106
This one is one of my favorites. Can't wait!!!!

Build your own Concession Stand Counter for cheap! Search -> Joe Rod Home Theater .Com

Check out these new Lighted Cup Holders:
http://hstrial-jrodriguez996.homeste...=1402680301175
post #17 of 18 Old 02-20-2007, 10:05 PM

Quote:

The point is moot now, since Dreamgirls is the first Dreamworks title and it's coming out on both formats.
post #18 of 18 Old 02-20-2007, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joerod View Post

This one is one of my favorites. Can't wait!!!!

second that!
Reply HD DVD Software

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page