AVS Forum banner

Pictures of your HD DVD collection

200K views 911 replies 347 participants last post by  sharktooth101 
#1 ·
Here is my humble HD DVD collection. I know its nothing next to some of the dual-format owners who have >100 titles on each format

See less See more
#755 ·

#758 ·
Here's my collection as of today. Before today I kept BD and HD discs separate. Now they are combined and organized by genre thanks to DVD Profiler by Invelos. Shelving is a custom built, built-in shelf. You can't see any of the ugly undersides of the shelves that the photos show. Didn't make enough dvd sized shelves though

Use foamboard from Target for the genre dividers. Someone please post here if you have found some professional looking dividers on the net. I've only found alphabetical and cd music dividers.

160 HD DVD

91 BD

251 total HD media

(can you tell which format one I favored?)

#767 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_6 /forum/post/13292149

On the top left and top right, does anyone know which Matrix and Jurassic Park sets those are?

In the top left is the deluxe DVD box set for The Matrix.

Warner released these deluxe box sets for a number of great movies, including North by Northwest, The Exorcist, Superman, and The Time Machine. The sets usually included lobby cards, a poster and a film senitype of a frame.

#768 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSmith83 /forum/post/13292503

In the top left is the deluxe DVD box set for The Matrix.

Warner released these deluxe box sets for a number of great movies, including North by Northwest, The Exorcist, Superman, and The Time Machine. The sets usually included lobby cards, a poster and a film senitype of a frame.

Thanks. Anyone know about the Jurassic Park one?

#769 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_6 /forum/post/13298136

Thanks. Anyone know about the Jurassic Park one?

That was a gift set for the first two movies, with a bunch of Tchotchkes - film frames, pictures, "certificate of authenticity."

Amazon still has it - so you can see what the set looks like opened. I'm having trouble posting a direct link, so just search DVD for Jurassic Park, and it'll be the 13th entry -

Jurassic Park & Lost World (Limited Collectors Edition Box Set) (DVD - 2000)

#770 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleddyn H Williams /forum/post/13299712

That was a gift set for the first two movies, with a bunch of Tchotchkes - film frames, pictures, "certificate of authenticity."

Amazon still has it - so you can see what the set looks like opened. I'm having trouble posting a direct link, so just search DVD for Jurassic Park, and it'll be the 13th entry -

Jurassic Park & Lost World (Limited Collectors Edition Box Set) (DVD - 2000)

Thanks, I appreciate the info!

#773 ·
Here is mine... there are 4 stacks behind the front 4 stacks as well.

#774 ·
My 50 some HD DVDs, i need a real camera

#775 ·
my library before the clear outs started

my library now

and it's still constantly growing with each new sale that comes up...... I've also got like 14 or 15 movies ordered from the hmv.ca clear out that will hopefully be coming soon(but I dunno if they actually have enough discs to fill those orders)

#777 ·
Here are photos of my HD DVD and Blu-ray collections before and after the Warner announcement. I think you can see the format I have favored given the pricing. Before the Warner announcement I bought Blu-ray because of the Amazon BOGO's, but after I bought HD DVD because of the sales at Barnes and Noble, Best Buy, Circuit City, and Deep Discount.

HD DVD before the fire sales:

HD DVD after fire sales:

Blu-ray before Warner announcement:

Blu-ray after Warner announcement:

Current collection:

Yes, I know many are unopened and I am way behind in watching them. I have been buying more HD DVD's than I can watch since I know the prices for Blu-ray won't be coming down in the near future. This will give me a stockpile of HD movies to watch for awhile.
I also need a media rack to put them in. Anyone have suggestions for a media storage unit in cherry?

#778 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper98 /forum/post/13524638

my library before the clear outs started

my library now

and it's still constantly growing with each new sale that comes up...... I've also got like 14 or 15 movies ordered from the hmv.ca clear out that will hopefully be coming soon(but I dunno if they actually have enough discs to fill those orders)

I've got 30 more movies that are waiting to be delivered now

2 Fast 2 Furious

Pan's Labyrinth

Hot Fuzz

Atonement

Derailed

The Matador

Scary Movie 4

Wolf Creek

Fearless

Hollywoodland

School for Scoundrels

Hitcher

Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind

The Host

The Bone Collector

The Thing

The Interpreter

The Breakfast Club

Bulletproof

Doom

End of Days

Half Baked

Happy Gilmore

Accepted

Nutty Professor

Nutty Professor 2

Red Dragon

Dante's Peak

Born on the 4th of July

U-571

#779 ·
missing a few recent additions but much more updated than the previous pic

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.