Pictures of your HD DVD collection - Page 4 - AVS Forum
First ... 2  3  4 5  6  ... Last
HD DVD Software > Pictures of your HD DVD collection
JE3146's Avatar JE3146 12:04 PM 05-24-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by win200 View Post

Hey, can anyone give a noob a quick tutorial on how to insert a pic? I'm mystified as to what I do with this prompt that comes up when I hit the 'insert picture' button. Thanks in advance, and apologies for my ignorance.

[ IMG ] web address of stored pic online( I.E http://www.something.com/image.jpg ) [ / IMG ]

Take out the spaces within the brackets, and post it as shown above.

vwbeetlvr's Avatar vwbeetlvr 02:51 PM 05-24-2007
old pics need to update.

I'm totally neutral, d-theater, hd-dvd, blu-ray

thebigandy's Avatar thebigandy 04:31 PM 05-24-2007
Ahhh I would not be able to have my HD-DVD and Blu-ray's all mixed up like that... I thought I was nuetral, but maybe I am leaning towards blu-ray now.... oh well, still a nice collection vwbeetlvr.
win200's Avatar win200 09:28 AM 05-25-2007

My semi-humble collection. It's increasing on almost a daily basis, and much to my girlfriend's chagrin.

The two Japanese discs in there are EQUILIBRIUM and FINDING NEVERLAND.

Thought I'd include these pics too... not HD, but not things you see every day and figured someone might appreciate them.

Yeah, I still have laserdiscs... a lot of laserdiscs.
balanceofpower's Avatar balanceofpower 12:37 PM 05-25-2007
Nice collection, win. Your user ID looks familiar (I think I sold you a "10 Things I Hate About You" LaserDisc a while back?. Amazing some of you young chaps are pulling together the funds for HD gear and discs on a student budget.
thewretched22's Avatar thewretched22 01:58 PM 05-25-2007
Updated with my new titles, this week was good for me, not my wallet.

win200's Avatar win200 02:27 PM 05-25-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by balanceofpower View Post

Nice collection, win. Your user ID looks familiar (I think I sold you a "10 Things I Hate About You" LaserDisc a while back?. Amazing some of you young chaps are pulling together the funds for HD gear and discs on a student budget.

Yup, that was me! And thanks again for the disc! I'm from Seattle and was in high school when that movie was released, and some of my friends are extras in party scenes.

Actually, many of us students have a considerable amount of disposable income. We're to a large degree still subsidized by parents (some of us, anyway), and not encumbered by bills yet. I'm trying to build my system/collection as much as possible before I enter the "real world" and my spare income plummets.
JE3146's Avatar JE3146 02:42 PM 05-25-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by win200 View Post

Yup, that was me! And thanks again for the disc! I'm from Seattle and was in high school when that movie was released, and some of my friends are extras in party scenes.

Actually, many of us students have a considerable amount of disposable income. We're to a large degree still subsidized by parents (some of us, anyway), and not encumbered by bills yet. I'm trying to build my system/collection as much as possible before I enter the "real world" and my spare income plummets.

Bingo.

I'm 21, format neutral, and at any given time, watching 1 of about 60 HD movies on a 42" PDP with a Polk 5.1 surround system.

I drive a POS car, so I save 200$ a month on that, parents pay the cell phone bill (for emergency purposes), save 50$ a month on that. Rent, food, and tuition paid by the goverment(loans) while I'm still in school, and I make decent money at a side job and working fulltime during the summer.

It's really not that hard at all to afford this stuff. It will be later though, which is why I have no problem enjoying it now
BerserkerTails's Avatar BerserkerTails 03:38 PM 05-25-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by balanceofpower View Post

Amazing some of you young chaps are pulling together the funds for HD gear and discs on a student budget.

I'm just turning 20 in June, and I'm squeezing my budget to accomidate my HD collection. Working around 30 hours a week, paying $200 bucks per paycheck into my tuition. Still living at home, and my parents are charging me rent (Maybe because they enjoy my HD DVDs as much as I do? Hahaha).

Still owe around 300 bucks on my HDTV though.
AndrewWOz's Avatar AndrewWOz 04:06 PM 05-25-2007
ok here's mine

and here's the complete collection including the soon to be sold of SD DVDs (started selling already, but it's going to take time to get through all 600+ of them).

Andrew.
MichaelHDDVD's Avatar MichaelHDDVD 04:57 PM 05-25-2007
I like the Star Destroyer
zalahmar's Avatar zalahmar 05:19 PM 05-25-2007
I'm affraid to post a pic of my collection, you might think I'm nuts

Maybe I'll post them this weekend
cnickersonjr's Avatar cnickersonjr 05:26 PM 05-25-2007

balanceofpower's Avatar balanceofpower 05:32 PM 05-25-2007
RE: win200

Very cool on hearing friends made it into a major motion picture! A close family of friends of ours are in INTERVIEW WITH THE VAMPIRE during the scene when Lestat (Tom Cruise) is seated at a piano while a family looks on and claps. Filmed in New Orleans while while they were on vacation and I always joke with them that it was their first and only movie and they get to die in it no less.

Back to the topic..

I'll try to get a few photos of my stash together, which is also format neutral like many others.
5harkology's Avatar 5harkology 05:37 PM 05-25-2007
My tiny, but growing collection....

DrCrawn's Avatar DrCrawn 05:49 PM 05-25-2007
My current collection with The Hulk and Fearless not shown.

pkde's Avatar pkde 02:00 AM 05-26-2007

Four other HD DVDs are already shipped and due to arrive soon.
And nine HD DVDs are pre-ordered and to be released in June.
So my collection is increasing very quickly.
thebigandy's Avatar thebigandy 06:21 PM 05-26-2007
AndrewWOz -Way OT, but how long did it take to put the star destroyer together? I want one, But I want it to take forever to put together so I feel like I get my moneys worth... or maybe I will get the Death Star...
AndrewWOz's Avatar AndrewWOz 06:36 PM 05-26-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigandy View Post

AndrewWOz -Way OT, but how long did it take to put the star destroyer together? I want one, But I want it to take forever to put together so I feel like I get my moneys worth... or maybe I will get the Death Star...

Took me about a week working on it 3-4 hours a night

But that includes the time I spent deconstructing a reasonable amount of it once I realised I had used a dark grey piece where I should have used a black one

It was fun to put together, and I love having it on display.

Of course, now I want this to go with it

Andrew.
jus10 said's Avatar jus10 said 07:47 PM 05-26-2007
Here's my growing collection..i have 3 in the mail and about 5 more on pre-order I've been thinking of going to fry's again this weekend to buy more

syndalis's Avatar syndalis 09:05 AM 05-27-2007
I own Lady in the Water, but have lent it to a friend; otherwise, this is my entire current collection.

thebigandy's Avatar thebigandy 02:01 AM 05-28-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewWOz View Post

Took me about a week working on it 3-4 hours a night

But that includes the time I spent deconstructing a reasonable amount of it once I realised I had used a dark grey piece where I should have used a black one

It was fun to put together, and I love having it on display.

Of course, now I want this to go with it

Andrew.

Oh man they are both so sweet... I think i need the trio of Death Star/ Star Destroyer / Falcon.... that should take a while to build.... But I have no where to put them
brightsons's Avatar brightsons 01:39 PM 05-28-2007

halfsane's Avatar halfsane 02:19 PM 05-29-2007
got a few in the mail still, but my collection is finally taking off

Xylon's Avatar Xylon 02:46 PM 05-29-2007
Almost everyone has Planet Earth.
laserguns's Avatar laserguns 03:11 PM 05-29-2007
Here's mine with all the same types of cases (yes I'm proud of myself lol)

evil's Avatar evil 10:12 PM 05-29-2007
I can watch any of them because my xbox 360 dead.
LL
gongon78's Avatar gongon78 12:37 AM 05-30-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfsane View Post

got a few in the mail still, but my collection is finally taking off

QUESTION regarding your copy of Pirates. Is it really in HD? I'm asking because I thought it was for Windows only, in WMV or something like that.
AndrewWOz's Avatar AndrewWOz 02:56 AM 05-30-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by gongon78 View Post

QUESTION regarding your copy of Pirates. Is it really in HD? I'm asking because I thought it was for Windows only, in WMV or something like that.

Definitely been released on HD DVD as well now

Andrew.
homerx's Avatar homerx 11:49 AM 05-30-2007
i got my 3 free hddvds yesterday. only took half a year but hey their here. so i figured it was time to update my pictures. id do a shelf pic but they are alpha sorted by movie then TV box sets. the shelf is higher up in a closet. so talking pics is tricky as i just get glare and half the movies

the last 3 in the last pic were my freebes
First ... 2  3  4 5  6  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop