Deepdiscountdvd good shipping? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 97 Old 06-09-2007, 04:15 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Im about to order 6 hd dvds from them 2 are in stock, 2 will ship next week it says, and the other 2 will ship after that. Anyone ordered from them before? Hows their free shipping time? I cant find where they are located.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 97 Old 06-09-2007, 04:38 PM
Advanced Member

Hey, just letting you know I ordered from them last week. I got my DVD's in 2 days, which was VERY FAST considering how I heard their shipping was slow. However, I also noticed when I placed my order I got charged tax. I investigated and got answers to why I got it so fast and why I was charged tax : They are located in ILLINOIS, which is where I am. I had no complaints with how things were packaged, all done well. But since I am located probably less than 3 hours from their warehouse and it took 2 days to get my package after I got a shipping notice I can see why people say they ship so slow.
post #3 of 97 Old 06-09-2007, 04:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Uh yeah that's why your shipping was so fast.
Since the OP doesn't give a clue to where he lives, I'll tell you this, the farther away from DDD your are, the longer it will take.
HTH

It ain't ignorance causes so much trouble; it's folks knowing so much that ain't so

post #4 of 97 Old 06-09-2007, 05:01 PM

NO or shall i say H#11 NO. i placed an order with them Mon. it shipped Tues , and the expected arrival time is the 14th of this month unless you think 9 days is fast
post #5 of 97 Old 06-09-2007, 08:18 PM

It took me over a month to get my copy of The Mummy Collector's Edition with their free shipping option.
post #6 of 97 Old 06-09-2007, 08:46 PM

post #7 of 97 Old 06-09-2007, 09:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 24
They take about 5-7 days for processing your order and shipment duration mostly depends upon the shipment option you choose at the time of placing the order. I live in Tokyo and am awaiting the delivery of my orders dated Jun-01-2007.

Blu-ray : 340
post #8 of 97 Old 06-09-2007, 09:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Imo free shipping is free shipping, if it takes two weeks or three then I'll wait it out.
post #9 of 97 Old 06-09-2007, 09:20 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Hmm I have ordered twice now on the 20% deal both with free shipping...all items shipped the following day and items were received in a week. This is definitely the fastest service I have ever gotten with them as prior orders usually take 2 weeks...
post #10 of 97 Old 06-09-2007, 09:25 PM

I live on the west coast of Florida and two of my hd dvds were shipped out on a Saturday and I received them the following Monday. I was very shocked considering I chose the free shipping option.
post #11 of 97 Old 06-09-2007, 09:30 PM
AVS Special Member

I always seem to get stuff from them quickly during their 20% off sales. I guess because the large boxes they ship travel a lot faster than the individual titles I buy from them. Don't ask me why, but it seems to work out that way.

This time around for their 20% off sale, I ordered a bunch of things Saturday, they shipped a couple days later, and arrived on Friday.
post #12 of 97 Old 06-10-2007, 02:22 AM

I ordered stuff last weekend. It shipped on Monday, and hasn't arrived yet. Of course, I live in Canada, so I'll start to get impatient if they don't arrive two weeks from this coming Monday...
post #13 of 97 Old 06-10-2007, 08:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Slower than molassas in January!
post #14 of 97 Old 06-10-2007, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_ME View Post

I always seem to get stuff from them quickly during their 20% off sales. I guess because the large boxes they ship travel a lot faster than the individual titles I buy from them. Don't ask me why, but it seems to work out that way.

This time around for their 20% off sale, I ordered a bunch of things Saturday, they shipped a couple days later, and arrived on Friday.

I get faster arrivals during the 20% off sale too. Non-sale times have taken up to 2 full weeks. Now its a few days or so. Maybe its just a coincidence.

"We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time"
post #15 of 97 Old 06-10-2007, 09:52 AM
AVS Special Member

I've bought from them a few times. With and without the sales. They were pthologically slow. Paying extra for expidited shipping brings them up tojust extremely slow. I don't buy fom them anymore, even with the discount, they aren't cheap enough to warrant the wait. Amazon is still better, usually cheaper too.
J
post #16 of 97 Old 06-10-2007, 10:08 AM
Advanced Member

It truly seems to depend on where you are located. I ordered last Sunday afternoon, had an e-mail it shipped Monday and received in eastern Kansas on Saturday. Less than a week for FREE ground shipping is fast enough for me. In the past I have paid extra for expedited shipping. Unless I have to have it quickly for some reason, I will be using free shipping option from here on out.

Of course as they say, your mileage may vary

"There's gotta be some way to hook it up, it's the freakin' future" - Eric Cartman
post #17 of 97 Old 06-10-2007, 10:14 AM
AVS Special Member

I would've used their expedited shipping option, but when you read the fine print concerning each shipping method, they warn that the shipping method you choose (and pay for) will only be applied to the first item that ships, if the shipment is broken up. I didn't see an option to force them to ship everything together and wasn't sure if that was just standard. But, I didn't want to risk it.

But, yes, expect it to take at least 2 weeks and if it gets there quicker, you'll be pleasantly surprised. The stuff I buy from their sale is typically stuff I'm not in a hurry for. And I was a little nervous buying Planet Earth from them, given some of the stories concerning loose discs... I don't think I've ever done a return with DDD that I can recall and am not sure how smooth that process is (nothing can beat Amazon, I'd imagine - the way they handle returns is the best).
post #18 of 97 Old 06-10-2007, 10:18 AM

There's no rhyme or reason to their shipping. They're located roughly 10 miles from me and Ive gotten shipments in 2 days and Ive got them in 10 days. They're so close that I looked into picking them up but I was told that they are strictly mail order so I'm forced to wait it out like everyone else.
post #19 of 97 Old 06-10-2007, 11:04 AM

I ordered from them on a saturday and rcvd mine on tuesday i live in colorado so thats pretty fast, i chose the free shipping option.

HD-DVD COUNT:141
BLU-RAY:192
X360 GAMERTAG:trickygmoney80
post #20 of 97 Old 06-10-2007, 11:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 14
The last order I placed with them took only 4 days to get here (Denver). However, previous orders sometimes took up to 2 weeks. It is hit or miss with these guys.
post #21 of 97 Old 06-10-2007, 11:49 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

im gonna order the matrix trillogy from them. are they notorious for loose discs?
post #22 of 97 Old 06-10-2007, 11:52 AM
Advanced Member

I have ordered from them for years and on the average for delivery to Kansas it has taken 10days from the order date to arrive in my mail box.... but of course it all depends on if the item is in stock.. I have had items arrive in as short as two days and as long at six weeks for out of stock items.... all ordered under the free shipping option.
--David
post #23 of 97 Old 06-10-2007, 12:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by genfuyung View Post

im gonna order the matrix trillogy from them. are they notorious for loose discs?

I don't think it's the retailer that is gonna be as responsible for loose discs as it is the packaging and how much it's thrown around during the delivery process. There are certain packaging types that I've never had much luck with from any retailer (online or B&M). The old Fox digipacks almost always had loose discs. The double sided plastic trays from WB constantly had them. And then there is that horrible packaging where the hubs are in the insides of the plastic case.

My only concern with DDD is that given how long it takes to receive discs, the return/re-order process would just be horriffic... if you end up getting a scratched disc, I could see it being a month between initial order and second copy. Amazon will have a replacement to you within 1-2 days, which I love. I just hold onto my first copy in case there are some different loose discs in the 2nd set, then I can just mix and match to build a good set. It beats standing at the Best Buy customer service counter and going through 3 different sets to build a good one.

I've been lucky during the last two 20% off sales I participated in - no loose discs. I even got that Buffy complete series set and all discs were fine (although, with that packaging, it would be hard for them to be loose).
post #24 of 97 Old 06-10-2007, 08:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Can anyone post their experiences with DD packaging ? Is it as good as amazon ?

Blu-ray : 340
post #25 of 97 Old 06-10-2007, 09:11 PM

i ordered Entourage s1 and 2 from them last tuesday and used the $5.95 shipping and they still haven't shipped it out (not out of stock). Thursday, I ordered Rescue Me season 3 SD for my girl with Free shipping and it shipped out friday..

...I don't know what their deal is....
post #26 of 97 Old 06-10-2007, 09:20 PM

Deepdiscount always takes a week minimum to get here on the east coast. I wasn't going to risk ordering any HD from them on this sale cause I've had some things in the past come poorly packed and shipped. Some damaged because of it
post #27 of 97 Old 06-10-2007, 11:15 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

some of the dvds i want say that they are out of stock. then right underneath it says the shipdate for the out of stock item...the shipdate is 6/11/07. hows that possible?
post #28 of 97 Old 06-11-2007, 04:57 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 117
I had to wait 26 days one time for a dvd to come to my house. 26 days!!! And it was in stock!!!

For my latest Reviews and Stuff google -> Joe Rod Home Theater .Com
Check out my Dolby Atmos/Surround first take:
http://hstrial-jrodriguez996.homeste...=1409517748063
post #29 of 97 Old 06-11-2007, 06:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserguns View Post

i ordered Entourage s1 and 2 from them last tuesday and used the $5.95 shipping and they still haven't shipped it out (not out of stock). Thursday, I ordered Rescue Me season 3 SD for my girl with Free shipping and it shipped out friday.. ...I don't know what their deal is....

They have more than one warehouse...

And "IF" I did not know for sure I would bet on some product they forward orders to the studios warehouse for shipping...

As over the years have received disc's shipped from the 'IL', 'FL', 'TX', and 'CA'.

Some of the orders have even come 'miss packaged??' in "Columbia House" club boxes.

--David
post #30 of 97 Old 06-11-2007, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgans316 View Post

Can anyone post their experiences with DD packaging ? Is it as good as amazon ?

Heh, I've ordered quite a few times with them and honestly, Ive never really paid much attention to their packaging. That's probably a good thing. Im know I would have noticed if something was either extraordinarily good or bad. I would say they are pretty much cookie-cutter....about the same as most everyone else.
Reply HD DVD Software

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page