AVS Forum banner

Terminator 2: Judgement Day Theatrical & Directors Cut French version*PIX*

46K views 166 replies 72 participants last post by  JBLsound4645 
#1 ·
Just arrived. I took quick snapshots for the forums. Its $36.00 shipped.

I will post comparison screenshots versus the BD version later here. But first . . . . T2 movie night with friends

See less See more
#2 ·
Already have it and I love it!!!

Great example of how HD DVD is squashing Blu ray. Lions Gate who????

-Murray

#3 ·
I'd like to hear about the video comparison with the WMV-HD version too. I expect the HD-DVD would look quite a bit better with the higher bitrate.

#9 ·
You can stop e-mailing (including from other forums)for the details. I will make comparison screenshots of every T2 version I can get a hold of. Exluding the laserdisc version. That is just too much work and frankly why bother?

#15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kram Sacul /forum/post/0

Yay. So Ultimate Edition dvd (crap) vs Extreme Edition dvd (soft) vs WMV-HD (compressed) vs mpeg-2 BRD (soft) vs vc-1 HD-DVD (better)?

You can predict much better than Beatboy

My day off tomorrow so I will be working on it all day. Hopefully it doesn't get too hot here in SoCal, or I'm just gonna have to head to the beach (5 minute walk) with my HD camera

#19 ·
Hmmm tempting. I was on eBay earlier and a guy is selling the disc for the Theatrical version disc (in a CD case) and keeping the Extended version for himself. Considered it, but it's already up to $15 + $4 for shipping, and I see this 2 disk set can be had for $32.95 at Exploited Cinema. Besides, as the seller states & Gary's review confirms - the Theatrical version has forced French subs on the English audio while the Extended version disc doesn't.

I have Terminator 1 on blu-ray, and not impressed. Maybe the way to go is to buy this HD DVD version - and sell my Theatrical version disc on eBay.

#22 ·
Can't wait to see the comparisons.

Was considering buying this from Exploited or Amazon.fr but I keep reading that a UK version is coming soon which hopefully would remove the subs from the Theatrical version. None of the international HD DVD release lists have the UK version listed however.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.