AVS Forum banner

Can an entire HD movie trailer be downloaded to an HD DVD player?

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  lgans316 
#1 ·
How long would that take on a DSL connection and is there enough memory to do something like that.

The reason for the question is because I think the mandatory ethernet connection on the HD DVD players has a lot of potential, especially in this area. Imagine if you popped in a Disney movie and the player communicated with Disney's servers and offered to download the trailer for whatever summer movie Disney/Pixar were going to put out that year? Same for any other studio. Instead of having hard coded trailers, people would have the option to see what's new coming out anytime they popped in an HD DVD disc.

How cool would it be to have been able to play The Bourne Identity/Supremacy and get an option to see the trailer for Ultimatum right there on my own TV? Or how about popping in 300 to find out that LOTR has been announced for HD DVD and see a hi def trailer. I think this whole interactivity feature has a lot of potential beyond just Internet polls.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.