We Are Marshall Is Here!!!! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 29 Old 08-17-2007, 07:57 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
To my surprise I come home today to find on my doorstep a box from WHV. I thought this was strange because everything that I preordered with them is not due for release for a month at least. But sure enough it's We Are Marshall a full month before release. I know that others have preordered this so did anyone else get it in or is this just a mistake on their part?

[IMG]
LL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 08-17-2007, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbled View Post

To my surprise I come home today to find on my doorstep a box from WHV. I thought this was strange because everything that I preordered with them is not due for release for a month at least. But sure enough it's We Are Marshall a full month before release. I know that others have preordered this so did anyone else get it in or is this just a mistake on their part?

Pictures please.
post #3 of 29 Old 08-17-2007, 08:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I've got to run out for a bit hopefully I'll get some more pics in a while.
post #4 of 29 Old 08-17-2007, 08:18 PM
Advanced Member

I preordered it from Amazon. Nothing today..
post #5 of 29 Old 08-17-2007, 08:56 PM
AVS Special Member

To bad it's a combo.
post #6 of 29 Old 08-17-2007, 09:19 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

It's probably the 15th or so combo that I own and I have not had a problem with a single one.
post #7 of 29 Old 08-17-2007, 09:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

It's probably the 15th or so combo that I own and I have not had a problem with a single one.

I've had no problems with combo as well.

Please feel free to visit MidnightWatcher's Blogspot or follow my NEWS feed on Twitter.
post #8 of 29 Old 08-18-2007, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightWatcher View Post

Same here.
post #9 of 29 Old 08-18-2007, 11:40 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Well I guess I jinxed myself on this one. I started it last night and got into it to about 1:17 and then lock up. Checked the disc then put it back in and then I got an error code. I guess that I'll have to send it back. I'm thinking that I could wait as it's entirely possible this is an issue to be fixed fia firmware in the future as this is not to be released for a full month yet. So I am unsure what to do at this point, any thoughts? F.Y.I. I am running 2.2 on the A-20. I will check it on my Xbox add on to see if I get the same response.

I get locked up about the same time with the Add on. Has to be a layer change issue.
post #10 of 29 Old 08-18-2007, 11:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightWatcher View Post

I don't own any combos so reliability is not the issue for me. I don't like the whole concept of combo discs. Blu-ray version for me in this case.
post #11 of 29 Old 08-18-2007, 03:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Well I guess I jinxed myself on this one. I started it last night and got into it to about 1:17 and then lock up. Checked the disc then put it back in and then I got an error code. I guess that I'll have to send it back. I'm thinking that I could wait as it's entirely possible this is an issue to be fixed fia firmware in the future as this is not to be released for a full month yet. So I am unsure what to do at this point, any thoughts? F.Y.I. I am running 2.2 on the A-20. I will check it on my Xbox add on to see if I get the same response.

I get locked up about the same time with the Add on. Has to be a layer change issue.

I've never had any problems with Universal combos, but do with Warner. I never could fix the freeze at that one spot on Happy Feet, but cured others with a good cleaning. Look at the disc carefully - I've had several Warner combos with a residue like film on the disc. A good cleaning with discwasher usually fixes it for me.

But, very strange you got this so early. I pre-ordered Marshall, Troy Director Cut, Alexander Final Cut, Wyatt Earp & Wild Bunch on Aug. 6, and everything is still "In Process".

Please let us know if you get your playback fixed. I've been ordering the BD version lately to avoid a Warner combo, and almost went with BD We are Marshall. But then I traded my BD 300 for the HD DVD version and liked it so much better I decided to give WB combos another try.
post #12 of 29 Old 08-18-2007, 05:24 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CochiseGuy View Post

I've never had any problems with Universal combos, but do with Warner. I never could fix the freeze at that one spot on Happy Feet, but cured others with a good cleaning. Look at the disc carefully - I've had several Warner combos with a residue like film on the disc. A good cleaning with discwasher usually fixes it for me.

But, very strange you got this so early. I pre-ordered Marshall, Troy Director Cut, Alexander Final Cut, Wyatt Earp & Wild Bunch on Aug. 6, and everything is still "In Process".

Please let us know if you get your playback fixed. I've been ordering the BD version lately to avoid a Warner combo, and almost went with BD We are Marshall. But then I traded my BD 300 for the HD DVD version and liked it so much better I decided to give WB combos another try.

Yeah I preordered this way back when I preordered 300 on June 1st. Why I got it this early just has to be a mistake as I recieved it on the 17th of August when it is due to release on the 18th of September. I think someone got their months screwed up and shipped it. I tried running it under some hot water, I couldnt bring myself to boil a disc, and cleaned it off and it seemed that it actually froze a minute earlier. Because it's so early I hate to think that it is actually a combo problem and not just some common issue that is patched pre-release by a firmware update, but what do I know. I think I am going to return it on monday and just hope that I will get a new copy back by release day.
post #13 of 29 Old 08-18-2007, 06:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

A1 or XA1? Id be supprised if its freezing on a 2nd gen unit.
post #14 of 29 Old 08-18-2007, 06:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rover2002 View Post

A1 or XA1? Id be supprised if its freezing on a 2nd gen unit.

No, it locked on both my HDA-20 and Xbox Add on both have the most current firmware.
post #15 of 29 Old 08-18-2007, 10:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 31
post #16 of 29 Old 08-19-2007, 05:54 AM

Liked: 14
Mine is expected Wednesday...I laughed when I saw the shipping notice from WHV too...will let you know if I have any issues with my XA2
post #17 of 29 Old 08-19-2007, 06:39 AM
Advanced Member

300 was locking on my A2. I erased all the persistent storage in the player's setup menu, and that fixed it.
post #18 of 29 Old 08-19-2007, 09:13 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geocab View Post

How'd it look before it froze?

It looked good. I would compare it to Superman Returns. The bright scenes really shined and some of the darker scenes showed a bit of grain. For the most part the picture was very clean I didn't notice any artifacts through what I watched. The audio was great as you would expect from a TrueHD track. All in all I would say it was a solid teir 1 title.
post #19 of 29 Old 08-19-2007, 09:15 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcoptic View Post

Mine is expected Wednesday...I laughed when I saw the shipping notice from WHV too...will let you know if I have any issues with my XA2

Yeah I would like to know, maybe I'll wait to send it back to hear how yours does for you.
post #20 of 29 Old 08-19-2007, 09:16 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarBowl View Post

300 was locking on my A2. I erased all the persistent storage in the player's setup menu, and that fixed it.

I can give that a shot I guess. Does that erase your firmware updates, I know stupid question. That is just your bookmarks, right?
post #21 of 29 Old 08-19-2007, 10:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 31
Quote:

I can give that a shot I guess. Does that erase your firmware updates, I know stupid question. That is just your bookmarks, right?

No, it won't erase your firmware updates.

Glad to hear about the PQ and AQ, this'll be a blind buy for me. I don't know why I never made it to the theater for this one. But, I will be waiting to hear about the freeze issues first.
post #22 of 29 Old 08-19-2007, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

No luck clearing the persistent storage still the same issue freezing between 1:15 and 1:18
post #23 of 29 Old 08-19-2007, 12:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Play it with a different audio than TrueHD and see if it works. I read about freezing caused by the TrueHD track.
post #24 of 29 Old 08-19-2007, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricwhite View Post

Play it with a different audio than TrueHD and see if it works. I read about freezing caused by the TrueHD track.

It's worth a shot it seemed that it played smoothly until I switched it to TrueHD

No luck without the True HD it plays a little bit longer but still freezes. I pull up any chapter that is on the 2nd layer and it plays for 3-4 minutes and then freezes to an eventual error code.
post #25 of 29 Old 08-19-2007, 03:37 PM

When you say 1:15 to 1:18 we are talking an hour and 15 min into the film correct? Just double checking...I have the XA2 all setup for TrueHD so that better work or Warner will be hearing about it...
post #26 of 29 Old 08-20-2007, 12:11 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

When you say 1:15 to 1:18 we are talking an hour and 15 min into the film correct? Just double checking...I have the XA2 all setup for TrueHD so that better work or Warner will be hearing about it...

Yeah thats right it first was at about 1 hour 17 minutes and then after the hot water thing it started at about 1:15. But anywhere past that will play for 2-3 minutes and then lock up with an error code. I sent them an email already so I will know more tomorrow. Hopefully I can still send it back and get a replacement by release day.
post #27 of 29 Old 08-20-2007, 08:49 AM

Mine shipped out, but probably won't arrive until Wednesday according to the tracking. I'll give it a go this week and see what the verdict is.
post #28 of 29 Old 08-23-2007, 02:55 PM

Well I got mine yesterday...watched it last night with no issues on my XA2...played through flawlessly....
post #29 of 29 Old 08-23-2007, 07:16 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Well I got mine yesterday...watched it last night with no issues on my XA2...played through flawlessly....

Good to hear, I shipped mine back yesterday, they said it should take about two weeks to get a new one returned so I should still get it back before release day. After seeing all of the problems mine had with anything on the entire 2nd layer I know it was just a bad disk.
Reply HD DVD Software

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page