I've seen people listing Fearless and Batman Begins...those films are from 2006.
Since we don't have defined parameters to judge with, I'm going with the overall package rankings...best cross-section of good movie/show content, good PQ/AQ, with good packaging and extras being a bonus but not a dealbreaker:
1. Blade Runner - Shockingly feature-packed for something that costs so little. Outstanding picture and audio, and being probably the best sci-fi movie of all time doesn't hurt, either.
2. Transformers - The catalyst for the HD DVD resurgence did not disappoint.
3. Planet Earth - PQ squabbles for the elitists aside, this is the definitive showpiece disc for the format.
4. Clerks II - This fell off of people's radar since it came out right at the beginning of the year, but besides probably being Kevin Smith's best film, this 2 disc set was absolutely overstuffed with bonus features...many of which were in HD as well.
5. The Matrix Trilogy - After a long drought period at the beginning of 2007, the announcement of this was what gave people a glimmer of hope. The "ultimate" collection was a bit underwhelming with flipper discs and non-trilogy content in SD, but the trilogy itself looked and sounded fantastic.
Honorable mention to 2001.
We do not train to be merciful here.