NEW OFFICIAL - Special buys, Discounts and deals thread. All Deals Go here! - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 8194 Old 01-18-2008, 02:53 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian81 View Post

How fast and reliable is Warner Home Video?

I'd be paying $1 less per title buying through them than Amazon with their $15.99 titles. This is using the 25% off coupon code.

Probably will take 2-4 weeks to receive your order. May take up to 6 months. Several months ago others had problems with extreme delays in shipping. Supposedly they are now faster since their system is "up to par". I put an order in at the end of November, and they evetaully trickled in before X-mas. So my order(s) took about 3 weeks.

~Dave

...Theater Room Setup...
JVC DLA-RS40-U... Oppo BDP-105D... Toshiba HD-XA2... Uverse VIP-2250... Roku Streaming Stick... Emotiva XPA-3... Onkyo TX-SR805
JBL LC2 (x3) ... JBL L820 (x6) ... SVS PB10-ISD (x2) ... SVS 20-39-PCI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 8194 Old 01-18-2008, 03:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerisgood View Post

http://www.hddvdboxsets.com is selling many HD-DVD's for under $15, some under $10.

Some titles under $10 (new):
- Failure to Launch
- U2: Rattle & Hum
- The Wicker Man
- Laura Croft: Tomb Raider
- Full Metal Jacket
- The Watcher
- Meet The Fockers

Good prices on the HD DVD's but I found the shipping to be high. Amazon has spoiled me with their free shipping. I put 6 movies in my cart from them and when I started to check out I discovered that my shipping charges were around $18. The movies were also being shipped from different vendors. This company must be a middle man that finds deals from other vendors.
post #93 of 8194 Old 01-18-2008, 03:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geaux Tigers View Post

Good prices on the HD DVD's but I found the shipping to be high. Amazon has spoiled me with their free shipping. I put 6 movies in my cart from them and when I started to check out I discovered that my shipping charges were around $18. The movies were also being shipped from different vendors. This company must be a middle man that finds deals from other vendors.

Not sure how they are doing it, but they seem to be providing a front end to the used/new 3rd party merchants on Amazon.com. Thus, each item will incur a separate shipping charge.
post #94 of 8194 Old 01-18-2008, 03:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerisgood View Post

http://www.hddvdboxsets.com is selling many HD-DVD's for under $15, some under $10.

Some titles under $10 (new):
- Failure to Launch
- U2: Rattle & Hum
- The Wicker Man
- Laura Croft: Tomb Raider
- Full Metal Jacket
- The Watcher
- Meet The Fockers

This site has some unbelievable deals. Wow.
post #95 of 8194 Old 01-18-2008, 04:40 PM

Unbelievable until you add shipping as somebody said earlier. I put tomb raider,chronicles of riddick and hulk in my cart. Before shipping it was $33.37.
Not bad. After shipping the total was $42.31. $8.94 for S&H for just 3 movies.
I'll wait for the amazon next sale. Prices will continue to drop.

Xbox 360 HD-DVD Player & PS3 40GB>>Format Neutral
Blu Ray=113.
HD DVD=26.
post #96 of 8194 Old 01-19-2008, 08:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Yeah, HDDVDBoxsets is just a front store taking Amazon sales and putting them in one place. As such, they can't be added to the list, sorry.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
post #97 of 8194 Old 01-19-2008, 08:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolisdead View Post

Yeah, HDDVDBoxsets is just a front store taking Amazon sales and putting them in one place. As such, they can't be added to the list, sorry.

seriously just asking but, why not?

"How long were you in Mexico?"
" uh...a week, no, no, a day..."
"Well, which is it a week or a day?
"uh...a weekday?"
post #98 of 8194 Old 01-19-2008, 08:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian81 View Post

How fast and reliable is Warner Home Video?

I'd be paying $1 less per title buying through them than Amazon with their $15.99 titles. This is using the 25% off coupon code.

You never know. I had an order from Monday that arrived Thursday. A November order arrived promptly (within 10 days for the free shipping order). As usual I got the Email that told me it shipped the evening after it arrived. My previous October order of 10 discs showed up anywhere from a week to 2 months later in 4 separate shipments.

That said, they have been far better with my last 2 orders than the disaster from July through October orders went through. Maybe they have gotten things a bit more organized.

Also realize that in many states you also get charged sales tax.
post #99 of 8194 Old 01-19-2008, 12:26 PM

I sent in the rebate order on the Sears form(5 CDs) which I printed off either Amazon or Toshiba's website about a month ago(can`t recall which). Someone wrote in this thread that it was a dead P.O. box address and they got a return to sender back. I haven`t gotten one (yet).

Does anyone have the correct address for the Sears rebate offer? Or...

Does anyone have a phone number to call so I can check on the status of my order?
Thanks...
post #100 of 8194 Old 01-19-2008, 01:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino520 View Post

I sent in the rebate order on the Sears form(5 CDs) which I printed off either Amazon or Toshiba's website about a month ago(can`t recall which). Someone wrote in this thread that it was a dead P.O. box address and they got a return to sender back. I haven`t gotten one (yet).

Does anyone have the correct address for the Sears rebate offer? Or...

Does anyone have a phone number to call so I can check on the status of my order?
Thanks...

The number is 1-800-405-7520. There is entire separate thread devoted to this subject that you might find helpfull.
post #101 of 8194 Old 01-19-2008, 04:32 PM

Thanks Geaux..I found the other thread and tried to delete this one..guess it didn`t work. Thanks tho...I gotta step-sister in Shreveport. I was at Fort Polk back in `66 and passed thru a couple of times...
post #102 of 8194 Old 01-19-2008, 04:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipvideo View Post

I kind of wonder where HDM would be without the bogo sales last year. I wonder how many people will only buy at those prices.

Well, the HDM BOGO deals weren't all that great, but I bought a few...I won't pay a dime over $14.99 for a movie, unless it's one of those movies I absolutely have to have...And even then, I'd rather pay $12.99 or less...Movies aren't worth more than that...Hell, with my Netflix account, I can watch it as many times as I want, whenever I want...No reason to pay insane prices anymore...

Blu Ray: 200
HD DVD: 35
post #103 of 8194 Old 01-19-2008, 04:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geaux Tigers View Post

For the first time in several weeks, I actually considered buying more HDM movies using the Amazon link, but there's no way in hell I'm paying $12 in S&H for 4 movies...Same story, different day...Looks like my HDM collection can't grow no matter how hard I try...lol

The way I think about it is, if they can't make me happy, a customer who is really trying to support a dying cause, how the hell is anyone else going to support it?...Either I just can't catch a break on these movie deals, or these companies don't want to sell the movies...

Oh well, more money for PC stuff...

post #104 of 8194 Old 01-19-2008, 06:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarty-pants View Post

They set the bar themselves. From this point forward, I will never pay more tham $15 for any HDM discs. You can attempt to discredit my reasoning, but that does not earn them my money.

That's fine, and I wrestle with the same issue. I've many a time spent more than $15 for an SD DVD title, and there's no question in my mind that HD Optical has more to offer. My now-deceased Amazon 10% taught me to plan on not more than $18, but even that can be a challenge to obtain. My point is simply that in the world of HD DVD ownership, deep discounts on titles are very much an exception not the rule.
post #105 of 8194 Old 01-19-2008, 06:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarty-pants View Post

Probably will take 2-4 weeks to receive your order. May take up to 6 months. Several months ago others had problems with extreme delays in shipping. Supposedly they are now faster since their system is "up to par". I put an order in at the end of November, and they evetaully trickled in before X-mas. So my order(s) took about 3 weeks.

You are providing misinformation apparently based on your interpretation of what others have said. If you don't have hard experience yourself, then you should acknowledge that you're guessing, instead of presenting hearsay as fact.

Typical is actually within two weeks for "in-stock" orders. Pre-release depends on title availability and backlog. Warner has now had time to stabilize given their new computer order processing system (installed August/September) has had time to settle down.
post #106 of 8194 Old 01-19-2008, 07:47 PM

I dint see this on the front page but i got this info off another site.
Amazon has a 15.99 sale on some WB titles.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/r
post #107 of 8194 Old 01-19-2008, 08:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Sigh....still too expensive.
post #108 of 8194 Old 01-19-2008, 08:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorS View Post

That's fine, and I wrestle with the same issue. I've many a time spent more than $15 for an SD DVD title, and there's no question in my mind that HD Optical has more to offer. My now-deceased Amazon 10% taught me to plan on not more than $18, but even that can be a challenge to obtain. My point is simply that in the world of HD DVD ownership, deep discounts on titles are very much an exception not the rule.

But it doesn't change anything...Rule, exception, label it how you will, it doesn't change anything...Clearly, there are a lot of us who won't pay more than $12 - 15 for an HDM disc...In all seriousness, can you blame us?...With large companies jumping ship, it's hard to offer full support to the format...

Slightly off topic, but not entirely, I can't stand the damn combo discs...I think they're ugly & don't pertain to me at all...Oh yea, & they look cheap...My BR discs look much better & are a lot nicer out of the case to look at...Yea, I'm being picky, but I'm entitled to be...But it's one more reason why I won't spend a dime over $15 for a movie, & that would only be for a spectacular movie...

post #109 of 8194 Old 01-19-2008, 08:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by djnsmith7 View Post

But it doesn't change anything...Rule, exception, label it how you will, it doesn't change anything...Clearly, there are a lot of us who won't pay more than $12 - 15 for an HDM disc...In all seriousness, can you blame us?...With large companies jumping ship, it's hard to offer full support to the format...

Slightly off topic, but not entirely, I can't stand the damn combo discs...I think they're ugly & don't pertain to me at all...Oh yea, & they look cheap...My BR discs look much better & are a lot nicer out of the case to look at...Yea, I'm being picky, but I'm entitled to be...But it's one more reason why I won't spend a dime over $15 for a movie, & that would only be for a spectacular movie...

Well you probably won't be buying any new release from either format for along time and you can blame that on all the BD BOGO that everyone got use to including myself but I also remind myself those were pretty much left overs trying to empty out the warehouses.
post #110 of 8194 Old 01-19-2008, 08:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowcanary73 View Post

Well you probably won't be buying any new release from either format for along time and you can blame that on all the BD BOGO that everyone got use to including myself but I also remind myself those were pretty much left overs trying to empty out the warehouses.

I'm not really worried about it...Spent too much time trying to find these so-called great deals & this & that already as it is...It's become more of a hassle than anything...Besides, I have 2 computer projects that I'm working on & that will take a few weeks...I'll check these forums periodically to see if there's a deal worth looking at, but I'm not going to spend too much time on it anymore...If the formats are going to mature, it won't be an issue...If not, then the HDM discs will be blown out at $10 a piece anyway...

I was the one saying we could forget about those BOGO deals anyway...Here in a few months, I wouldn't expect to see those anymore...

post #111 of 8194 Old 01-20-2008, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilham1 View Post

I dint see this on the front page but i got this info off another site.
Amazon has a 15.99 sale on some WB titles.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/r

I don't know whether to support Warner Home video sales or not.

After considering this for 2 seconds.. screw Warner! They can shuv their sales up their asses.
post #112 of 8194 Old 01-20-2008, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oolitic View Post

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...rd_i=193642011
After considering this for 2 seconds.. screw Warner! They can shuv their sales up their asses.

I can't say I blame you for that decision. I considered doing the same. But then I realized that's really playing in their hands so come June they can say, "See, we were just SO smart because lately Blu-Ray has outsold HD DVD 10 to 1" or whatever. So we may think we were hurting them by boycotting when actually we're just playing right into their hands and cutting our own throats (so to speak) by fulfilling their prophesy and further contributing to HD DVD's early demise.

My personal choice was to keep buying whatever movies I want - regardless of what studio they're from - whenever I see a price I think makes it worthwhile. With all of the recent sales, I've probably tripled the size of my collection since the WB announcement. From the posts I've seen here and in other forums, though, I think I'm in the minority. Too many REDs have jumped ship unfortunately.
post #113 of 8194 Old 01-20-2008, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oolitic View Post

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...rd_i=193642011

That URL no longer works.

In my case, hooking up with Mr. Chocolate and Mr. Marshmallow could be fatal.
post #114 of 8194 Old 01-20-2008, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trots View Post

I can't say I blame you for that decision. I considered doing the same. But then I realized that's really playing in their hands so come June they can say, "See, we were just SO smart because lately Blu-Ray has outsold HD DVD 10 to 1" or whatever. So we may think we were hurting them by boycotting when actually we're just playing right into their hands and cutting our own throats (so to speak) by fulfilling their prophesy and further contributing to HD DVD's early demise.

Who cares what they say then. It won't make a difference to anything. They won't change their mind in May even if it's 50/50 sales which it obviosuly won't be with when they won't release on the same dates. The've even said that sales ratio was not the reason but their belief that we were better off with one format. I don't. At least they won't have my money for awhile. I'm not buying any of their titles on either format unless I get them as BOGO. I'm sure they don't care but I feel better.
post #115 of 8194 Old 01-20-2008, 06:57 AM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahamcracker View Post

That URL no longer works.

It never did. The forum filter nailed it for some reason.

larry

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. -- Thomas Alva Edison
post #116 of 8194 Old 01-20-2008, 07:29 AM
Advanced Member

BB has 9 Free movies when you buy the A3 which is now listed at $149.99 on their website.

2 free in box, 2 free in store and 5 via mail

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2290373...7603730418428/

The ad says $299 but people are getting them for $149 since thats what the website says.

Just and FYI
post #117 of 8194 Old 01-20-2008, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooperScooper View Post

It never did. The forum filter nailed it for some reason.

larry

The forum filter does not allow referred websites or something. For some funny reason the internal pages at amazon are referred from the main site.

I don't know how to work around that but amazon is indeed having a 53% off deal on Warner Home Video titles.

I wanted to pick up some John Wayne titles but like i said, Warner has irritated me too much already. My HD collection includes 80% Warner titles but I have stopped after their silly, totally consumer-unfriendly turn to the Blu side.
post #118 of 8194 Old 01-20-2008, 07:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grif32 View Post

BB has 9 Free movies when you buy the A3 which is now listed at $149.99 on their website.

2 free in box, 2 free in store and 5 via mail

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2290373...7603730418428/

The ad says $299 but people are getting them for $149 since thats what the website says.

Just and FYI

Robert of value Electronics has a similar deal last I looked

keep at it , results are worth it !!
post #119 of 8194 Old 01-20-2008, 08:21 AM

Has anyone tried to get the BB deal with the A35 instead of the A3? I may try it later this week... but I was wondering if it was working in other places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrang
Onkyo has a relatively tiny ecosystem to work in, and even in this, they are unmotivated and uncaring.
post #120 of 8194 Old 01-20-2008, 08:38 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog57 View Post

Robert of value Electronics has a similar deal last I looked

Can you pick any Two HD DVD's you want? If so I might go that way instead of BB..

Thanks
Chris
Reply HD DVD Software

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page