"Official" Olive Thread Opus 4, Opus 6, Melody 2, Olive 2, Olive 4/ 4HD, 06HD - Page 105 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

post #3121 of 3123 Old 11-23-2014, 12:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumsoft View Post
Quote:Originally Posted by Uthlande [/URL]

What's in the tubes is a solution with activated C atoms.....The tubes contain a wax-like liquid that can be used on printed boards, aluminium cases and so on.
While reading through the olive/opus forum to assist my mother with replacing her OpusĀ°4's hard drive (thanks for your guy's help), I came across your post #1628 ,1632 about the liquid/treatment that improves the performance of audio equipment. This has sparked some debate between my father and I. I was wondering if you could please provide any additional information or point me in the right direction to find out more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3122 of 3123 Old 11-23-2014, 03:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Hi Bajahab,

I can imagine that my post has sparked some debate, because this matter always does. Nowadays I usually keep my mouth shut, because it is of little use to talk about stuff that one cannot get (anymore), and that one has to experience in his own set.

Some time has passed since that post. It is more than 3 years old, I see. And the world has had it's usual spinning round. What I mean, the modifications that about a hundred people here in the Netherlands have enjoyed were part of the explorations of the small team that invented the basis. They just wanted to be sure that they were on a good track, and so offered to whoever asked for it, to modify one's equipment. The fysical modifications were done by a sound professional technician, who earned a little money that way. But the essence of the modifications was free as in free beer. F.I. the liquid I talked about was free to get if only you asked for it.

But these days are over. Modifying equipment is not what everybody with expensive audio stuff is eager for, if you see what I mean. So, they thought of a way to modify the audio set without touching it, and they produced for that purpose so called audio-tiles. At first, these were free too, and just quite small, again to experience what these did for the sound.
Now we have the so called Suzy Wong Audio tiles. Quite heavy, about the size of normal equipment, to be placed just below the set.
The first batch is now sold out, and new ones are about to emerge, but still not widely available yet.I have searched for a picture, I know there are some, but could not find one.

But I found the
, which tells the tale I told, albeit a bit different.
post #3123 of 3123 Old Today, 07:18 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I see the Olive web site is up. I'm hoping that their promised remote app update will work with legacy products.
http://www.olive.us/products/APP.html

J.Mike
Those who die with the most toys ... are still dead!
Reply CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page