"Official" Olive Thread Opus 4, Opus 6, Melody 2, Olive 2, Olive 4/ 4HD, 06HD - Page 114 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 37Likes

post #3391 of 3393 Old Today, 07:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumsoft View Post
If I were you, I would leave that partition 1 as-is. Most probably the Olive has filled it with the correct stuff, and I presume that even part. 2 has been filled, this one with the operating system, from the version of the recovery source.
I don't know a way to make this sure, but the many times I have done a recovery, the first partition was always filled and in healthy condition.

So go ahead with the cloning, and don't touch that first partition. Just trust it.

Marc

Hi Marc,

my clonezilla version gives me the choice to have the partition to be copied being fchecked first. Thus, I assume I can use clonezialla to also copy partition 1 - right ?

BTW I am currently fighting with gparted to make an extended partition. The option is always greyed out . Do you know whether an mbr or gpt partition table should be chosenfor the Olive? Could this possible make a difference

Best

Marc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3392 of 3393 Old Today, 07:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Not right.
Clonezilla won't copy any partition if not checked, very clever and neat, but Olive has decided to fill part 1 with something that looks like garbage to clonezilla. And thus will clonezilla fix this before the copy process, and doing so will ruin your fine Olive disk.
People with Windows have used Acronis diskcopy with succes, I guess because Acronis does not check and merely copies whatever is on it.
But alas all those sophisticated Linux tools are way too smart.

Again... leave this partition 1 alone and don't touch it.

As afterthought I have played with the idea to use DD in stead, but I never have tried that.

Marc
post #3393 of 3393 Old Today, 01:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 25
AS far as I remember, when cloning the Olive disk to a partly made recovery disk, it suffices to select all partitions except 1. Clonezilla is smart enough to make the correct extended partition with the source as example.
With Gparted it suffices to make a partition logical to have it in the extended partition? I use it so seldom.

Marc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page