"Official" Olive Thread Opus 4, Opus 6, Melody 2, Olive 2, Olive 4/ 4HD, 06HD - Page 126 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 71Likes

post #3751 of 3754 Old 03-12-2017, 01:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Need some help

Hi I am a long time owner of 06HD and love the machine. In the beginning I had some issues but after a full restore the 06HD works fine now for a couple of years. From a friend I got another 06 en 04HD for some repair. About this I have some questions:
  • the recovery files downloaded from lydo.nl worked fine for my 06 but down seem to be accepted by the 04. I get the screen that tells me to insert the USB but after inserting the 04 just reboots without doing anything else. Anyone experience with this or advice?
  • also I am wondering if the main boards of the 04 and 06 are identical. The look excatly the same, but when I exchange them the screen of the 06 only shows all colored lines. So are the graphic drivers on the main board different, does anybody know?
  • last question does anybody have a main board for olive 04 and/or 06 for sale?

Thanks Wim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3752 of 3754 Old 03-13-2017, 12:54 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumsoft View Post
Olive is gone, the company does not exist anymore.
Your only hope now is that someone with a decent working Olive 03HD pops up.
But little chance, I got no emails anymore, although I am subscribed to this thread. Somehow this forum software tends to forget about one if time goes by.

Marc
Hello Marc - have not been on this forum since December.

However, I do have a fully functional 03HD that is not being used.
post #3753 of 3754 Old Today, 01:40 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello all
I am a new member here, but have read through all the posts relating to Olive systems. A lot of people have put in some excellent work.
I have owned an Olive 03HD for about 4 years now, which has worked fine and has all my CD's ripped onto it.
It is stating to play up (the touch screen is fragmenting), so I've bought a Denon Heos to use with a hard drive.
I now have the daunting task of trying to transfer my FLAC files from my backup to a Windows based hard drive, and I'm hoping that following some of the instructions posted here will help.
Has anyone done this recently?
Thanks

post #3754 of 3754 Old Today, 03:25 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigelstn View Post
Hello all
I am a new member here, but have read through all the posts relating to Olive systems. A lot of people have put in some excellent work.
I have owned an Olive 03HD for about 4 years now, which has worked fine and has all my CD's ripped onto it.
It is stating to play up (the touch screen is fragmenting), so I've bought a Denon Heos to use with a hard drive.
I now have the daunting task of trying to transfer my FLAC files from my backup to a Windows based hard drive, and I'm hoping that following some of the instructions posted here will help.
Has anyone done this recently?
Thanks
There are some instructions to copy music from Olive HD to Olive One. I think this would work for other players to. It is time consuming but it works. This is the link and good luck.
https://olivemediainc.zendesk.com/hc...D-to-Olive-ONE-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page