"Official" Olive Thread Opus 4, Opus 6, Melody 2, Olive 2, Olive 4/ 4HD, 06HD - Page 126 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 73Likes

post #3751 of 3760 Old 03-12-2017, 01:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Need some help

Hi I am a long time owner of 06HD and love the machine. In the beginning I had some issues but after a full restore the 06HD works fine now for a couple of years. From a friend I got another 06 en 04HD for some repair. About this I have some questions:
  • the recovery files downloaded from lydo.nl worked fine for my 06 but down seem to be accepted by the 04. I get the screen that tells me to insert the USB but after inserting the 04 just reboots without doing anything else. Anyone experience with this or advice?
  • also I am wondering if the main boards of the 04 and 06 are identical. The look excatly the same, but when I exchange them the screen of the 06 only shows all colored lines. So are the graphic drivers on the main board different, does anybody know?
  • last question does anybody have a main board for olive 04 and/or 06 for sale?

Thanks Wim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3752 of 3760 Old 03-13-2017, 12:54 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumsoft View Post
Olive is gone, the company does not exist anymore.
Your only hope now is that someone with a decent working Olive 03HD pops up.
But little chance, I got no emails anymore, although I am subscribed to this thread. Somehow this forum software tends to forget about one if time goes by.

Marc
Hello Marc - have not been on this forum since December.

However, I do have a fully functional 03HD that is not being used.
post #3753 of 3760 Old 05-11-2017, 01:40 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello all
I am a new member here, but have read through all the posts relating to Olive systems. A lot of people have put in some excellent work.
I have owned an Olive 03HD for about 4 years now, which has worked fine and has all my CD's ripped onto it.
It is stating to play up (the touch screen is fragmenting), so I've bought a Denon Heos to use with a hard drive.
I now have the daunting task of trying to transfer my FLAC files from my backup to a Windows based hard drive, and I'm hoping that following some of the instructions posted here will help.
Has anyone done this recently?
Thanks

post #3754 of 3760 Old 05-11-2017, 03:25 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigelstn View Post
Hello all
I am a new member here, but have read through all the posts relating to Olive systems. A lot of people have put in some excellent work.
I have owned an Olive 03HD for about 4 years now, which has worked fine and has all my CD's ripped onto it.
It is stating to play up (the touch screen is fragmenting), so I've bought a Denon Heos to use with a hard drive.
I now have the daunting task of trying to transfer my FLAC files from my backup to a Windows based hard drive, and I'm hoping that following some of the instructions posted here will help.
Has anyone done this recently?
Thanks
There are some instructions to copy music from Olive HD to Olive One. I think this would work for other players to. It is time consuming but it works. This is the link and good luck.
https://olivemediainc.zendesk.com/hc...D-to-Olive-ONE-
post #3755 of 3760 Old 06-01-2017, 12:02 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Newby with O3HD

Hi to the forum. I am a new owner of a used 3hd. Basically I am happy but I am not sure how deep I'd like to dig into the topic when I am constantly reading that olive seems to be a dead end.

Anyway the guy that I got the olive from asked me to find a way to get his music data of my olive merged with the data that he currently has on his 4hd.

So I was searching how to create the backup. I attached a ExFat formatted hdd and the system asked me if I want to start the backup. So far so good. It gets strange when I put the finished backup hdd back on my PC and windows and even the mac of my wife tells me that the hdd format cannot be read. Is that normal?

I read so many articles now that I am not sure if it really makes sense to start that thread from #1. Any chances of a good summary and the most important things to be done now/and in general?

Thanks in advance
Sebastian
post #3756 of 3760 Old 06-01-2017, 01:11 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Hi sebastian,

Please check www.lydo.nl
There you can find an article and software to get the music from backup drive.
The harddrive contains a couple of partitions, not readible by windows. But there is a program that can handle that and connect to a partition. Check the article.

Best regards,

Gertjan
clpetersen likes this.
post #3757 of 3760 Old 06-02-2017, 04:53 AM

Hi Gertjan,
Thanks for the information. I will read through lydo and check the software.
But it is good to read that it seems normal that the partition of my backup hdd can't be read by the system any more.

Thanks
Sebastian
post #3758 of 3760 Old 06-02-2017, 10:14 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJ1970 View Post
Hi sebastian,

Please check www.lydo.nl
There you can find an article and software to get the music from backup drive.
The harddrive contains a couple of partitions, not readible by windows. But there is a program that can handle that and connect to a partition. Check the article.

Best regards,

Gertjan
Gertjan - that is a great site you have created.
GJ1970 likes this.
post #3759 of 3760 Old 06-06-2017, 06:04 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Does anyone have information on the weight for the Olive 4 HD 1 TB?
post #3760 of 3760 Old Today, 06:03 AM

Empty the Olive

Hi,
Despite a new installation of the software (Olive webpage is down) is there an easier way to completely empty an Olive 3hd and 4hd?

Regards
Sebastian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports