"Official" Olive Thread Opus 4, Opus 6, Melody 2, Olive 2, Olive 4/ 4HD, 06HD - Page 127 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 73Likes

post #3781 of 3782 Old Yesterday, 02:01 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumsoft View Post

I do know now a bit more of the internal SQlite database, so that I am able to update the metadate a little quicker than can be done with Maestro alone. Although I seldom do that. Olive made a rather well functioning Maestro, and I know its quirks.
The Olive contains now over 4000 albums, and I have still some 1000 to rip, and 1100 to describe. Sigh.

It is beginning to look as my life work.
It is an impressive library, to say the least. Since you understand the Sqlite database, in principal you could use that to write the info back into more conventional tags (ID3). I think all the unique Maestro settings for classical also appear in the expanded ID3 formats. Something for a slow day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3782 of 3782 Old Yesterday, 02:32 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Haha, I hope my slow days wil never come. I also hope that my Olives will live as long as I love music. But indeed, if needed, I would try to convert the database to a format that other streamers can accept. It's just that I never came across one that does the same for classical music as the Olive, but I have to admit that I did not search for it thoroughly.

A few days ago the cd-rom player in one of them seemed to be mal-functioning. It did not recognize cd's anymore that it still did a few hours earlier. I had a spare cd-rom player laying around, and I could easily swap them. Problem solved. For those purposes I even have a spare Olive 4.

I would not bother very much, I my Olive hadn't been modified in a musical sort of way, which made me in turn buy so much cd's and describe them. Which alas makes it a hassle to switch to another streamer. So that I try to avoid that.

Marc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page