"Official" Olive Thread Opus 4, Opus 6, Melody 2, Olive 2, Olive 4/ 4HD, 06HD - Page 127 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 73Likes

post #3781 of 3799 Old 07-24-2017, 02:01 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumsoft View Post

I do know now a bit more of the internal SQlite database, so that I am able to update the metadate a little quicker than can be done with Maestro alone. Although I seldom do that. Olive made a rather well functioning Maestro, and I know its quirks.
The Olive contains now over 4000 albums, and I have still some 1000 to rip, and 1100 to describe. Sigh.

It is beginning to look as my life work.
It is an impressive library, to say the least. Since you understand the Sqlite database, in principal you could use that to write the info back into more conventional tags (ID3). I think all the unique Maestro settings for classical also appear in the expanded ID3 formats. Something for a slow day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3782 of 3799 Old 07-24-2017, 02:32 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Haha, I hope my slow days wil never come. I also hope that my Olives will live as long as I love music. But indeed, if needed, I would try to convert the database to a format that other streamers can accept. It's just that I never came across one that does the same for classical music as the Olive, but I have to admit that I did not search for it thoroughly.

A few days ago the cd-rom player in one of them seemed to be mal-functioning. It did not recognize cd's anymore that it still did a few hours earlier. I had a spare cd-rom player laying around, and I could easily swap them. Problem solved. For those purposes I even have a spare Olive 4.

I would not bother very much, I my Olive hadn't been modified in a musical sort of way, which made me in turn buy so much cd's and describe them. Which alas makes it a hassle to switch to another streamer. So that I try to avoid that.

Marc
post #3783 of 3799 Old 08-22-2017, 03:49 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Haha, I hope my slow days wil never come. I also hope that my Olives will live as long as I love music. But indeed, if needed, I would try to convert the database to a format that other streamers can accept. It's just that I never came across one that does the same for classical music as the Olive, but I have to admit that I did not search for it thoroughly.

A few days ago the cd-rom player in one of them seemed to be mal-functioning. It did not recognize cd's anymore that it still did a few hours earlier. I had a spare cd-rom player laying around, and I could easily swap them. Problem solved. For those purposes I even have a spare Olive 4.

I would not bother very much, I my Olive hadn't been modified in a musical sort of way, which made me in turn buy so much cd's and describe them. Which alas makes it a hassle to switch to another streamer. So that I try to avoid that.

Marc
Good evening!!!

My name is Antonio Carlos and I live in Brazil. I'm an electronics technician and I have an Olive Opus 4 here on the bench for repair. Reading several of the messages in this topic I saw a link to CD recovery for Opus 4. Unfortunately, the file in question no longer exists on Olive's website. Would anyone have this file available to seder me or indicate where I could download it ???

Thanking you for any help ....

Anmtonio Carlos

post #3784 of 3799 Old 08-23-2017, 12:54 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonhao View Post
Good evening!!!

My name is Antonio Carlos and I live in Brazil. I'm an electronics technician and I have an Olive Opus 4 here on the bench for repair. Reading several of the messages in this topic I saw a link to CD recovery for Opus 4. Unfortunately, the file in question no longer exists on Olive's website. Would anyone have this file available to seder me or indicate where I could download it ???

Thanking you for any help ....

Anmtonio Carlos
https://www.lydo.nl/download/?dir=Olive%2FO4 contains the files.

Best regards,

Gertjan.
post #3785 of 3799 Old 08-23-2017, 01:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJ1970 View Post
https://www.lydo.nl/download/?dir=Olive%2FO4 contains the files.

Best regards,

Gertjan.
post #3786 of 3799 Old 08-23-2017, 05:06 AM

Dear Gertjan,

Thank you very much!!!!

I'll be downloading the files and trying to get my client's OPUS 4 back to life.

Any news will be commenting here with friends.

Best regards sincerely,

Antonio Carlos
post #3787 of 3799 Old 08-25-2017, 06:30 AM

Hello every one,
I search schematic cablage olive 6HD, main supply board and tranfo?
Have you pictures of this card please?
Thanks
Patrick from Francia
post #3788 of 3799 Old 08-25-2017, 10:46 AM

Hello friends,

I did everything to try to make Oliver 4 come back to life, but I could not unfortunately.

After downloading the .ISO and .IMG files, I have burned CDs and tried them both, but although the process starts in Olive, sometimes it finishes and others do not, but in any case Olive can not leave the startup screen.

If I try to format the HD in FAT 32 on the outside and use the Recovery CD again, can anything change ???

Thank you,

Antonio Carlos
post #3789 of 3799 Old 08-25-2017, 11:27 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Hello friends,

I did everything to try to make Oliver 4 come back to life, but I could not unfortunately.

After downloading the .ISO and .IMG files, I have burned CDs and tried them both, but although the process starts in Olive, sometimes it finishes and others do not, but in any case Olive can not leave the startup screen.

If I try to format the HD in FAT 32 on the outside and use the Recovery CD again, can anything change ???

Thank you,

Antonio Carlos
That should not make any difference. The recovery will format the harddrive.
Do you get the recovery screen? Does it finish till 100%. Note, this takes a very long time, keep it running for a night, also the subsequent restart might take a very long time.

If so and the unit still does not go beyond the startup screen, the unit might be dead enough :-(

I had that with my deceased O4. I checked that with the unit from mumsoft. His O4 with my just recovered harddrive started up without any issues. My O4 with his harddrive did not startup. We declared the unit dead (at least beyond our capabilities to repair)

Best regards,

Gertjan
post #3790 of 3799 Old 08-27-2017, 05:33 AM

Yeah,

I followed the following procedure; I connected the Opus by pressing the central key next to the display and the play key, then the initial screen changed to another requesting the insertion of the CD Recovery and with information that the process could take up to 30min depending on the size of the HD.
When inserting the CD Recovery the process initializes and randomly it lasts 28min and the apparatus gives a boot, or stops half way and the screen indicates that the process failed. While reading the Recovery CD, the screen will stop in the same condition that you asked for the CD to be inserted.
Even when the process is completed and after booting, nothing changes and the device freezes on the home screen.

I repeated this process more than 20 times and nothing.

My patience has run out and I am returning the device to my client.

I'm sad...

Antonio Carlos
post #3791 of 3799 Old 09-07-2017, 04:18 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Yeah,

I followed the following procedure; I connected the Opus by pressing the central key next to the display and the play key, then the initial screen changed to another requesting the insertion of the CD Recovery and with information that the process could take up to 30min depending on the size of the HD.
When inserting the CD Recovery the process initializes and randomly it lasts 28min and the apparatus gives a boot, or stops half way and the screen indicates that the process failed. While reading the Recovery CD, the screen will stop in the same condition that you asked for the CD to be inserted.
Even when the process is completed and after booting, nothing changes and the device freezes on the home screen.

I repeated this process more than 20 times and nothing.

My patience has run out and I am returning the device to my client.

I'm sad...

Antonio Carlos
I can confirm that the recovery-cd's (and I have many versions of them), hardly ever lead to a happy end. They get stuck somewhere in the process. Having said that, it does not make me sad...
Because, what they always did and succeeded in, was to write the very first partition on the Olive disk, the one that is a mystery to me, can't be copied and looks like a bunch of bytes without structure. But it is vital for the Olive (4) to boot.
The 2nd and 3th partitions are the system partitions with all the real code. They are easily backuped and restored. Only one of them is used.
Then you have the 5th and 7th partitions, the so called config and data partitions. These are vital for the music one put on it, and both need to be backuped regularly.

So, if you have somewhere a spare disk with the system partition, and if you can open the Olive and take out the unwilling disk, then you can copy the system partition(s) to the Olive disk, and, if you happen to have both config and data partitions, you can restore these too, and be happy again.
But with only the system partitions, and recovery of the partition-structure, one can have a booting Olive, albeit without any music on it.

The Olive is essentially a closed system, and that is bad. Luckily someone with more skills than me, provided us with the tools to get the contents of the Olive disk displayed on the Linux desktop. That way opens a bunch of new possibilities. Nowadays I can easily append the composers list and other tables. Recently I modified Maestro.php so that it is still fully usable in my constantly updated Firefox browser.

But it will always be possible that an Olive 'dies' because of some hardware failure. The connectors are most likely to give problems (re-attach them), and some component on the motherboard or power supply can go bezirk. Then one need to replace that, or try to repair.

If needed, I could somehow (via Gertjan?) provide the system partition, and of course the modified Maestro.php.

Marc
post #3792 of 3799 Old 09-08-2017, 05:11 AM

Quote:
I can confirm that the recovery-cd's (and I have many versions of them), hardly ever lead to a happy end. They get stuck somewhere in the process. Having said that, it does not make me sad...
Because, what they always did and succeeded in, was to write the very first partition on the Olive disk, the one that is a mystery to me, can't be copied and looks like a bunch of bytes without structure. But it is vital for the Olive (4) to boot.
The 2nd and 3th partitions are the system partitions with all the real code. They are easily backuped and restored. Only one of them is used.
Then you have the 5th and 7th partitions, the so called config and data partitions. These are vital for the music one put on it, and both need to be backuped regularly.

So, if you have somewhere a spare disk with the system partition, and if you can open the Olive and take out the unwilling disk, then you can copy the system partition(s) to the Olive disk, and, if you happen to have both config and data partitions, you can restore these too, and be happy again.
But with only the system partitions, and recovery of the partition-structure, one can have a booting Olive, albeit without any music on it.

The Olive is essentially a closed system, and that is bad. Luckily someone with more skills than me, provided us with the tools to get the contents of the Olive disk displayed on the Linux desktop. That way opens a bunch of new possibilities. Nowadays I can easily append the composers list and other tables. Recently I modified Maestro.php so that it is still fully usable in my constantly updated Firefox browser.

But it will always be possible that an Olive 'dies' because of some hardware failure. The connectors are most likely to give problems (re-attach them), and some component on the motherboard or power supply can go bezirk. Then one need to replace that, or try to repair.

If needed, I could somehow (via Gertjan?) provide the system partition, and of course the modified Maestro.php.

Marc
Hi Marc
Have you schématic connections PSU with transformer.
I need reconnect PSU of my 06hd.
Thank
Patrick
post #3793 of 3799 Old 09-08-2017, 06:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicohome91 View Post
Hi Marc
Thank
Patrick
Sorry, I have never seen an 06HD from inside. It certainly does not look like the innards of an Olive 4. Maybe some user of the 06HD can help?
post #3794 of 3799 Old 09-09-2017, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Sorry, I have never seen an 06HD from inside. It certainly does not look like the innards of an Olive 4. Maybe some user of the 06HD can help?
Thank so much Marc
it is difficult to find a guy that has seen the inside of the 6hd.
I have to find a new transformer for my psu.
thank you to someone who knows for his answer.
Patrick
post #3795 of 3799 Old 09-09-2017, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Hi Marc
Thank
Patrick
I no longer own the 06HD, but I did replace the hard drive at one point and in fact posted pictures of the inside of the unit on this forum. Perhaps my post is still on this site. The transformer was nothing special - do you have the old one? If so, there may be some ratings labels and you could find a replacement at an electronics store.
post #3796 of 3799 Old 09-10-2017, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clpetersen View Post
I no longer own the 06HD, but I did replace the hard drive at one point and in fact posted pictures of the inside of the unit on this forum. Perhaps my post is still on this site. The transformer was nothing special - do you have the old one? If so, there may be some ratings labels and you could find a replacement at an electronics store.
Hi, yes i see yours pictures, thank so much.
but the conductors are behind the plug sector, and can't see the attache with PSU.
The transformer is +15V 0V -15Vfor 2A and 0V +12V for 10A, it is correct?
Where connect there on green connector power card?
Thank every body for your help.
post #3797 of 3799 Old 09-10-2017, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Hi, yes i see yours pictures, thank so much.
but the conductors are behind the plug sector, and can't see the attache with PSU.
The transformer is +15V 0V -15Vfor 2A and 0V +12V for 10A, it is correct?
Where connect there on green connector power card?
Thank every body for your help.
I can't comment on the voltage ratings; however the green (earth) cord usually goes to a screw or terminal directly on the chassis. Should be nearby the power entry (IEC socket) area.
You might consider a repair shop if you are very unfamiliar with electronics.
post #3798 of 3799 Old 10-01-2017, 06:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
OliveApp not compatible with iOS 11

Upgrading the iPod/Pad/Phone to iOS 11 will result in the OliveApp no longer working. It is a 32-bit app. Apple intends to only support 64-bit apps moving forward. This has been in the works for 3 years.

Would be great if Olive would re-compile the app for 64-bit. If you are an Olive 03/04/06HD user, make sure to email and ask them to do so:

For now, backup plan is to use the old Opus Rondo interface on your mobile browser. Type in the following and presto!.. you'll recognize the interface matches the Olive touchscreen.

http://XXX.XXX.X.XXX:8163/olive_opus.php

[XXX.XXX.X.XXX is the IP address unique to your Olive]

post #3799 of 3799 Old 10-18-2017, 10:29 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone have a public link to the last firmware for an olive opus 4? Its running 4.1.9 I believe and I'm trying to sync a database of music from another device using 4.2.3. am I right to believe they need to be the same version?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page