Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Leiden, the Netherlands
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
I just got my Opus, and I hate to say that I was underwhelmed by it. Just to test its capabilities I threw 3 discs at it. One with Yo-Yo Ma and the Cleveland Quartet (Schubert), and two Opera's I randomly choose from my collection: Macbeth from Verdi on EMI with Riccardo Muti as conductor, and Gluck's Orphée et Euridice by the Opera of Lyon conducted by John Elliot Gardiner, with Anne Sofie van Otter and Barbera Hendricks to name a few.
--- NONE of these were recognized by the internal database which promises to recognize discs in 'almost all cases' ---
I regard this as false information.
I will test some more cases, but my expectations are meager now.
Naturally, I don't sit and wait until this is fixed, it problably never will. These discs ar not new at all nor obscure.
To make life lighter, I decided to append the cd's of these opera's to one per opera. I was glad that I found this possibility, because it makes it easier to repare the false information that came from freedb.
But to my dismall I found that this operation just merged the numbers and did not append the disks as the manual states.
So I deleted both opera's and started anew. I also downloaded the newer manual, to find this extra sentence:
"Before you do, edit the CD number fields for both CDs to ensure playback is in
order of the CDs."
Ok, thanks a lot for this clarification. And no thanks for this underperforming appending of cd's, which should just work.
But now, I just can't find the place in the maesto interface to do this.