Bang and Olufsen Beogram RX Problems - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 04-29-2009, 09:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I was rummaging through my house and I discovered this B&O Beogram RX turntable.. it belongs to my parents who have quite a record collection which they saved, so I tried hooking it up to my Denon AVR888, and any record I play sounds really scratchy and distorted. I do have it hooked up to the phono input and also grounded, so that's not the problem. I just bought my first record a few days ago after discovering this turntable but now that I know it doesn't work right.. I'm kind of dissappointed. Is there any troubleshooting I can do with this turntable? All the records sound scratchy and distorted and I'm HOPING it's not the stylus or cartridge or whatever because from what I saw it costs about 300-400 to replace. Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-30-2009, 03:56 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 377
There's a forum at beoworld.org where people might be able to steer you. IIRC, there were several cartridges that could be used with that TT.

"I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - Gregory House
Reply CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page