Emotiva ERC-1 CD Players Owners Thread - Page 30 - AVS Forum

AVS Forum > Audio > CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports > Emotiva ERC-1 CD Players Owners Thread

CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports

DoingOK's Avatar DoingOK
03:18 PM Liked: 12
post #871 of 881
07-13-2010 | Posts: 435
Joined: Feb 2008
I own two ERC-1's..............no complaints. You could always ship it back if you weren't happy with the performance.
TheFactor's Avatar TheFactor
03:42 PM Liked: 106
post #872 of 881
07-13-2010 | Posts: 4,058
Joined: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoingOK View Post

I own to ERC-1's..............no complaints. You could always ship it back if you weren't happy with the performance.

Thanks For your reply and no complaints is a good sign so I take it your happy with the quailty of sound and performance ?
TheFactor's Avatar TheFactor
10:22 PM Liked: 106
post #873 of 881
07-15-2010 | Posts: 4,058
Joined: Feb 2009
Wow I just went threw many pages on this thread and came across maybe one or two posts that had to do with performance and customer satisfaction The rest was politics and mumbo jumbo wow did this thread get flamed and off track. Where's all the owners at ? Instead of the mostly folks throwing grenades and others trying to deflect them Thought i'd try to run threw this thread to sift threw all the garbage to find some owner input but no such luck there's nothing left but ashes
Chu Gai's Avatar Chu Gai
02:17 PM Liked: 596
post #874 of 881
07-16-2010 | Posts: 14,967
Joined: Sep 2002
Might not be all that many owners seeing as not everyone who buys something is a poster. Emo's site might have more.
TheFactor's Avatar TheFactor
05:47 PM Liked: 106
post #875 of 881
07-16-2010 | Posts: 4,058
Joined: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chu Gai View Post

Might not be all that many owners seeing as not everyone who buys something is a poster. Emo's site might have more.

Thanks I just thought because it was a owners thread there would be more owners posting. I actualy went to Emo's site and a few other forums and had much better luck. Thank again for your reply
vermont99's Avatar vermont99
10:26 AM Liked: 10
post #876 of 881
07-19-2010 | Posts: 86
Joined: Jun 2009
I aim currently using my Pioneer Elite BDP-23FD Blue Ray player for my CD’s, DVD’s and my Blue Ray’s. When playing CD’s with the Pioneer I aim using the analog out sounds better than through the HDMI. I have been thinking of adding an ERC-1 to my system, would I notice enough any improvement in sound to justify the purchase. Pioneer is using Burr-Brown Audio DACs and audiophile capacitors in the Pioneer Elite Blue Ray players and should be very good. Both would be connected to the Emotive UMC-1 and XPA-5 amp.
Dingaling2004's Avatar Dingaling2004
11:41 PM Liked: 19
post #877 of 881
10-27-2010 | Posts: 1,131
Joined: Dec 2006
Well, I am an owner of the Emotiva UMC-1, ERC-1 cd player and the USP-1 stereo preamplifier and I am really happy with the performance. Sound is smooth and warm through my Niles pro 2770 speakers. No, I am not an audiophile and no, I am not a purist. The set up just sounds great to my ears. Best of luck. Greg.
sticknstones's Avatar sticknstones
02:51 AM Liked: 20
post #878 of 881
10-28-2010 | Posts: 397
Joined: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFactor View Post

Wow I just went threw many pages on this thread and came across maybe one or two posts that had to do with performance and customer satisfaction The rest was politics and mumbo jumbo wow did this thread get flamed and off track. Where's all the owners at ? Instead of the mostly folks throwing grenades and others trying to deflect them Thought i'd try to run threw this thread to sift threw all the garbage to find some owner input but no such luck there's nothing left but ashes

I have owned the ERC for almost 1.5 years and wrote an review that took me several weeks to complete. I also added the USP-1 and XPA-2 and continue to be extremely happy. Here is a link to my review.

http://emotivalounge.proboards.com/i...ay&thread=5776

I also added the USP-1 and here is the configuration diagram so that I could isolate the ERC completely from the Denon.

http://emotivalounge.proboards.com/i...ay&thread=6678

I have just added the UMC in the past 3 weeks and loving it as well. It for me has been trouble free but I waited a while.
runnin''s Avatar runnin'
10:09 PM Liked: 45
post #879 of 881
10-31-2010 | Posts: 1,557
Joined: Jan 2009
I read your review and it helped me wade through to my decision. I've had mine now for over 6 months and really love the performance. I'm now in line for the XDA and waiting in line to get in line for the XSP-1.
carbon summit's Avatar carbon summit
02:36 PM Liked: 11
post #880 of 881
10-06-2011 | Posts: 584
Joined: Dec 2008
I bought the ERC-1 back in Dec 2010 because I was excited to have a "real" CD player instead of using a BD player but find I just don't use it enough to justify it taking up space in my HT center so I've decided to sell it.

Does anyone have a feel for what these things are selling for? I can't find any on audiogon, ebay or craigslist when I did a search to get an idea what to ask for it.
Mike_WI's Avatar Mike_WI
11:42 AM Liked: 11
post #881 of 881
10-07-2011 | Posts: 2,513
Joined: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon summit View Post

I bought the ERC-1 back in Dec 2010 because I was excited to have a "real" CD player instead of using a BD player but find I just don't use it enough to justify it taking up space in my HT center so I've decided to sell it.

Does anyone have a feel for what these things are selling for? I can't find any on audiogon, ebay or craigslist when I did a search to get an idea what to ask for it.

Try the Emotiva Forum -> Emporium
http://emotivalounge.proboards.com/i...board=emporium

Reply CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports

Subscribe to this Thread

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3