McIntosh MCD 500 problem with cutout - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-07-2009, 09:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey Guys,

Maybe you can help me. I just bought a McIntosh system, with a MC 402, C2300, and a MCD 500 cd player. I've got Revel Ultima Salon 2 speakers. I just had it all hooked up and the sound is unbelievable, but when i play cds, the player sometimes just stops after the 3 or 4th track. It doesn't seem to mistrack, just stops as if I had turned it off. I try playing the track by hitting the play button and it doesn't play. But if I start from the beginning and go to the track it will play. Eventualy it cuts off again, though. This doesn't happen on all cds. Just some. I tried cleaning the cds, and resetting the microprocessors. It still does cuts out and stops. To make matters worse, I tried playing the offending cds on my other cd players, a samsung blue ray player and a bose clock radio with cd player and the cd plays fine, so there is nothing wrong with the cd.

Is this a problem with the MCD 500? Should I replace it? Help!

Richard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-07-2009, 07:04 PM

Yup, definitely a problem with the player. CD's don't have copy protection, so it isn't as though perhaps a HDCP link was messed up somewhere in the chain. Sounds like it's new enough that the dealer should be able to get you fixed up with a repair.

Congrats on the new system. I bet it sounds amazing.
post #3 of 3 Old 03-16-2013, 10:48 PM

Hi.......I just got my MCD500 and having the same problem. Did you ever find out what was wrong with your MCD500?....thank you.
Reply CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports