Denon ASD-51N and ASD-51W - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #31 of 41 Old 05-08-2010, 09:59 AM
Senior Member
 
hawkster27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 200
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently installed my ASD-51N and am happy to say that almost everything works: iPhone, Internet radio, Rhapsody. The one thing that doesn't work is showing the PC that is on the network. My LG390 blu-ray player is part of the same setup, and it sees the PC and its files without difficulty. (FWIW, the 51N recognizes the DirecTV DVR, but of course those files can't be accessed.) The PC is running Vista and has Media Player 11 installed. Any ideas?
hawkster27 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 41 Old 08-12-2010, 06:08 AM
Newbie
 
Florettdemar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewS10 View Post

I just bought a new 51W. It says there is a firmware update and when I go to do the update the unit shuts down turns on and then shuts down again and does nothing.

Has anyone experienced this problem and a possible solution? I have now tried this on two units and I am getting the same result.

Surprisingly enough both units came with different version manuals and in one instance the manual says the power light stays on during the update and the other manual says the light stays off.

What happens with mine is that the light goes off, then it comes back on and then it goes off again. After that nothing seems to happen. I have waited an hour or so and still nothing. That has happened numerous times on both units.

I have reset the unit and it is still the same.

I am connected via LAN.

Any suggestions?

Hi MatthewS10,

have you solved the problem? I'm currently experiencing the same, but firmware updates used to work properly in the past. Any idea?
Florettdemar is offline  
post #33 of 41 Old 08-20-2010, 03:54 PM
Newbie
 
djgibber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just bought a new 51W myself and I'm experiencing the same firmware update issue when connecting through a LAN. Denon support wasn't much help. They told me to return it for a new one but I was hoping for a workaround before I went that route. Especially since I mistakenly threw away the packaging. Anyone have any suggestions?
djgibber is offline  
post #34 of 41 Old 10-23-2010, 12:36 PM
Newbie
 
PthPndr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm experiencing the same issue with a brand new ASD-51W. I made the mistake of doing the firmware update and now the unit won't power on.

Has anyone found a work-around for this or do I need to send it back?
PthPndr is offline  
post #35 of 41 Old 10-29-2010, 05:48 AM
Senior Member
 
k2ue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Victor, NY
Posts: 243
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewS10 View Post

I just bought a new 51W. It says there is a firmware update and when I go to do the update the unit shuts down turns on and then shuts down again and does nothing.

Has anyone experienced this problem and a possible solution? I have now tried this on two units and I am getting the same result.

Surprisingly enough both units came with different version manuals and in one instance the manual says the power light stays on during the update and the other manual says the light stays off.

What happens with mine is that the light goes off, then it comes back on and then it goes off again. After that nothing seems to happen. I have waited an hour or so and still nothing. That has happened numerous times on both units.

I have reset the unit and it is still the same.

I am connected via LAN.

Any suggestions?

I have the same behavior with a new ASD-51N. My power light just goes out and stays out. Denon support "hadn't heard of the problem" which is pretty common one from the reports here. Anybody found a cause and/or fix?

Clyde Washburn
k2ue is offline  
post #36 of 41 Old 10-30-2010, 06:41 AM
Member
 
trinifox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 165
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Not to simply do a me too but I have the same experience. I will call denon during business hours next week.
trinifox is offline  
post #37 of 41 Old 11-13-2010, 04:44 PM
Newbie
 
djgibber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
When I connect my 51W to digital out I get no sound from the receiver. I know I'm doing something wrong but I can't figure out what. I set the output to digital after making the connection but still no sound. The analog connection works fine. anyone have a suggestion to what I might be doing wrong? Thanks.
djgibber is offline  
post #38 of 41 Old 11-29-2010, 06:50 PM
Member
 
trinifox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 165
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2ue View Post

I have the same behavior with a new ASD-51N. My power light just goes out and stays out. Denon support "hadn't heard of the problem" which is pretty common one from the reports here. Anybody found a cause and/or fix?

As per my previous post, I had the same experience with tech support on the phone and was told to submit the warranty support request with (Panurgy?). This was just before thanksgiving.

With zero contact (email or otherwise) they sent me back another dock (not sure if new/refurb, looks and smells new to me )

Dock works now even after an update that was available.

Now if only dock control works with the 3311
trinifox is offline  
post #39 of 41 Old 01-14-2011, 12:07 PM
Newbie
 
svaldes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinifox View Post

As per my previous post, I had the same experience with tech support on the phone and was told to submit the warranty support request with (Panurgy?). This was just before thanksgiving.

With zero contact (email or otherwise) they sent me back another dock (not sure if new/refurb, looks and smells new to me )

Dock works now even after an update that was available.

Now if only dock control works with the 3311

I have a 3311CI with an ASD-51N and was trying to get dock control to work with no success of course, have you confirmed that ASD 51N is not compatible with 3311CI? Because I also try to control the dock with remote RC-1146 of the 3311CI and nothing.

Thanks.
svaldes is offline  
post #40 of 41 Old 01-31-2011, 08:35 PM
Member
 
MatthewS10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Danville, California
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just got a new 51 W because my old one refused to update. This new one says it has the latest update which surprises me since my old one asked for an update about a month ago.

Can someone please let me know what the latest firmware is. You can find that version by going into network menu and finding the IP address. Then you go to a computer on the same network and type in that IP address and the information will come up on the firmware version.

Thanks,

Matthew
MatthewS10 is offline  
post #41 of 41 Old 11-11-2011, 08:16 PM
Member
 
trinifox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 165
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by svaldes View Post


I have a 3311CI with an ASD-51N and was trying to get dock control to work with no success of course, have you confirmed that ASD 51N is not compatible with 3311CI? Because I also try to control the dock with remote RC-1146 of the 3311CI and nothing.

Thanks.

As found on denon's website the doc is NOT compatible for dock control.
trinifox is offline  
Reply CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off