Denon ASD-51N and ASD-51W - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 41 Old 05-08-2010, 09:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently installed my ASD-51N and am happy to say that almost everything works: iPhone, Internet radio, Rhapsody. The one thing that doesn't work is showing the PC that is on the network. My LG390 blu-ray player is part of the same setup, and it sees the PC and its files without difficulty. (FWIW, the 51N recognizes the DirecTV DVR, but of course those files can't be accessed.) The PC is running Vista and has Media Player 11 installed. Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 41 Old 08-12-2010, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewS10 View Post

I just bought a new 51W. It says there is a firmware update and when I go to do the update the unit shuts down turns on and then shuts down again and does nothing.

Has anyone experienced this problem and a possible solution? I have now tried this on two units and I am getting the same result.

Surprisingly enough both units came with different version manuals and in one instance the manual says the power light stays on during the update and the other manual says the light stays off.

What happens with mine is that the light goes off, then it comes back on and then it goes off again. After that nothing seems to happen. I have waited an hour or so and still nothing. That has happened numerous times on both units.

I have reset the unit and it is still the same.

I am connected via LAN.

Any suggestions?

Hi MatthewS10,

have you solved the problem? I'm currently experiencing the same, but firmware updates used to work properly in the past. Any idea?
post #33 of 41 Old 08-20-2010, 03:54 PM

I just bought a new 51W myself and I'm experiencing the same firmware update issue when connecting through a LAN. Denon support wasn't much help. They told me to return it for a new one but I was hoping for a workaround before I went that route. Especially since I mistakenly threw away the packaging. Anyone have any suggestions?
post #34 of 41 Old 10-23-2010, 12:36 PM

I'm experiencing the same issue with a brand new ASD-51W. I made the mistake of doing the firmware update and now the unit won't power on.

Has anyone found a work-around for this or do I need to send it back?
post #35 of 41 Old 10-29-2010, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewS10 View Post

I just bought a new 51W. It says there is a firmware update and when I go to do the update the unit shuts down turns on and then shuts down again and does nothing.

Has anyone experienced this problem and a possible solution? I have now tried this on two units and I am getting the same result.

Surprisingly enough both units came with different version manuals and in one instance the manual says the power light stays on during the update and the other manual says the light stays off.

What happens with mine is that the light goes off, then it comes back on and then it goes off again. After that nothing seems to happen. I have waited an hour or so and still nothing. That has happened numerous times on both units.

I have reset the unit and it is still the same.

I am connected via LAN.

Any suggestions?

I have the same behavior with a new ASD-51N. My power light just goes out and stays out. Denon support "hadn't heard of the problem" which is pretty common one from the reports here. Anybody found a cause and/or fix?

Clyde Washburn
post #36 of 41 Old 10-30-2010, 06:41 AM

Liked: 11
Not to simply do a me too but I have the same experience. I will call denon during business hours next week.
post #37 of 41 Old 11-13-2010, 04:44 PM

When I connect my 51W to digital out I get no sound from the receiver. I know I'm doing something wrong but I can't figure out what. I set the output to digital after making the connection but still no sound. The analog connection works fine. anyone have a suggestion to what I might be doing wrong? Thanks.
post #38 of 41 Old 11-29-2010, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2ue View Post

I have the same behavior with a new ASD-51N. My power light just goes out and stays out. Denon support "hadn't heard of the problem" which is pretty common one from the reports here. Anybody found a cause and/or fix?

As per my previous post, I had the same experience with tech support on the phone and was told to submit the warranty support request with (Panurgy?). This was just before thanksgiving.

With zero contact (email or otherwise) they sent me back another dock (not sure if new/refurb, looks and smells new to me )

Dock works now even after an update that was available.

Now if only dock control works with the 3311
post #39 of 41 Old 01-14-2011, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinifox View Post

As per my previous post, I had the same experience with tech support on the phone and was told to submit the warranty support request with (Panurgy?). This was just before thanksgiving.

With zero contact (email or otherwise) they sent me back another dock (not sure if new/refurb, looks and smells new to me )

Dock works now even after an update that was available.

Now if only dock control works with the 3311

I have a 3311CI with an ASD-51N and was trying to get dock control to work with no success of course, have you confirmed that ASD 51N is not compatible with 3311CI? Because I also try to control the dock with remote RC-1146 of the 3311CI and nothing.

Thanks.
post #40 of 41 Old 01-31-2011, 08:35 PM

I just got a new 51 W because my old one refused to update. This new one says it has the latest update which surprises me since my old one asked for an update about a month ago.

Can someone please let me know what the latest firmware is. You can find that version by going into network menu and finding the IP address. Then you go to a computer on the same network and type in that IP address and the information will come up on the firmware version.

Thanks,

Matthew
post #41 of 41 Old 11-11-2011, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svaldes View Post

I have a 3311CI with an ASD-51N and was trying to get dock control to work with no success of course, have you confirmed that ASD 51N is not compatible with 3311CI? Because I also try to control the dock with remote RC-1146 of the 3311CI and nothing.

Thanks.

As found on denon's website the doc is NOT compatible for dock control.
Reply CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page