post #121 of 123 Old 08-24-2010, 08:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisWiggles View Post

It's just a codec. They don't have to use the full-resolution mastering format, they can use a slightly lower res finish and then just put that on the disc losslessly.

You can't put 48-bit or 32-bit floating point on a disc, and that's what is generally under the hood of most modern audio mixing/mastering software. It all gets down-res'd to 16 or 24bit usually for output.

So your whole demand of having "exactly what the master is bit-for-bit" is, as I have been explaining to you this whole time, is a grotesquely ignorant oversimplification. Which part of the master do you want bit-for-bit identical? Because there can be points in the mastering chain which are quite a bit higher resolution than anything that is conveyed on Blu-Ray, DVD-A, or SACD, but that isn't a meaningful issue because they are interim processing steps, as I already explained. You don't need that kind of precision for finishing or delivery.

Do you have any brain cells?

So you DON'T have any proof.

EPIC FAIL

Like I said, you just spread bad info

Name a few DTS-MA or Dolby TrueHD titles that do NOT have the studio master
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 123 Old 08-24-2010, 08:57 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisWiggles View Post

That actually isn't me. The aliens are doing that all on their own.

I thought from your previous comments about the tea party that you are a liberal. I thought you guys love illegal aliens?
post #123 of 123 Old 08-25-2010, 01:34 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps24eva View Post

I thought from your previous comments about the tea party that you are a liberal. I thought you guys love illegal aliens?

I am an illegal alien you numbnuts. That's why I'm lying to you about Blu-ray discs. I snuck into this country decades ago, went to school and college and became an audio/video professional because I knew that at some point in the future I could fool some unsuspecting troll about the technical aspects of redbook compact discs.

Clearly my disguise was insufficient. I'll have to up my mission a notch to seeding some muslim-terror-anchor-babies.

Did you ever stop to wonder why surround-sound started out with 5 main channels??

Well... it's because of the FIVE PILLARS OF ISLAM! See how scheming we are!? You have just SURROUNDED yourselves in an audio-jihad! And not one of you even ever guessed it!

Let me know when you get your GED.

(This is a particularly amusing troll.)
Closed Thread CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page