CD & iPod Player Advice - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-06-2010, 04:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I'm getting a Pioneer SX-850 receiver, and I'd like this to be my primary "music" system. In other words, new, hi-tech equipment for the home theatre, but nice, classics for the vinyl/audio.

I'm looking to get a simple, and small(ish) CD component, as well as an attachment for my iPod. Based on looks and size, the following Pro-Ject systems would be perfect.

CD Player: box-designs.com / main.php?prod=cdbox&cat=source&lang=en
iPod Box: box-designs.com / main.php?prod=dockboxf&cat=source&lang=en

The reviews of the iPod Box on Amazon were quite terrible, and I can't seem to find the CD Player in the States. My question is if anyone knows of any alternatives to this product that have a similar design? I'm not one to spend all of my money on something, but rather spend a bit more than standard to get something that'll last a while. There has to be more out there...

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-06-2010, 05:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 260
I can only ask: Why?

You're spending maybe $50 on a receiver, and then you want to spend $200 on a device to connect your iPod? You can connect your iPod with a $5 cable.

For $200, you could buy two Airport Express units, and stream everything from your computer. You wouldn't need a dock or a CD player.

If you can't explain how it works, you can't say it doesn't.—The High-End Creed

post #3 of 3 Old 12-06-2010, 08:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Fair enough, though the receiver was not $50. That would have been one hell of a steal!

This receiver is mostly going to be used for radio and vinyl, but I would like to be able to pop in a CD or play my iPod through it. The reason I like the Pro-Ject iPod adapter is because of the shielding, and the fact that it could be put into a housing (along with the CD player). It would be a typical component system, but smaller. I don't need a multi-disc changer, so I'm looking for something smaller and a bit more stylish.

It is possible I'm focusing on aesthetics over practicality.
Reply CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page