Anyone ever used the TEAC AD-800 cassette deck + CDR? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 02-11-2011, 10:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
We've got a whole lot of aging cassettes that really ought to be ripped to digital, and I no longer have a deck. Has anyone used the TEAC AD-800 product? It's current, from a reputable maker with [at least historical] cred in pro audio, and it would actually solve exactly my problem all on its own: the built in CDR burner makes it a one-stop shop for the ripping process.

It's a little pricey at $200 and up, but it's gotten very hard to find *any* cassette players of any build quality whatsoever.

So... any thoughts from the field?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2013, 12:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Guessing you're not still considering this, since it's been quite awhile since your post but thought I'd respond for anyone interested. I recently purchased this unit. It works great for transferring cassettes & vinyl (with line-in) to MP3. The CD player, however, is trouble. It is only a player, it does not record to CD. It will not play any of my CD-Rs (ones I've burned). Store bought CDs play fine but the majority of my CD collection are ones I've burned (on various computers & various brand CDs so it's definitely a problem with this unit). The unit is new, so it's not a problem of a worn laser or anything like that. Still debating about whether I'm going to keep it, only because if I do return it, I've got to fork over shipping for the return.