Marantz DV9600 SACD Performance - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 03-30-2011, 07:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all,

I currently own the Marantz SA8260 which I use for multi-channel SACD, and the DV9600 for DVD and DVD-A. The SA820 connects to my receiver via the 7.1 analog inputs on my receiver, and the DV9600 connects via i-Link.

My receiver is a Marantz SR9600.

I have decided to purchase an OPPO BDP-95 Blu Ray player. I am going to need to connect the OPPO via the analog connections, as the Marantz does not decode newer audio formats. Furthermore, the Marantz for not do 7.1 PCM via HDMI (there is a rumor about a firmware update on this, but Marantz denies it).

So I am running into a problem whereby I need two sets of analog inputs (5.1 for the SACD, and 7.1 for the OPPO). I know I can buy a quality audio switch (such as the Zektor), but am wondering if I can ditch the SA8260, and use the DV9600 over i-Link instead. Or for that matter, ditch both and just use the OPPO for all formats.

I've had a listen to the SA8260 over analog versus the DV9600 over i-Link and, to be honest, can't really tell the difference. Then again, I don't want to commit a heresy

Does anyone want to add their 2 cents worth? What do I do? Ditch the SA8260 and use the DV9600 for SACD, DVD-A, and the Oppo for Blu Ray? Just the Oppo? Or all 3 and just get a switch?
Reply CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page