Problems with Chesky Records part 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-19-2011, 07:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
[COLOR="DarkRed][/color]This looked like the correct forum area to post and if not, my apologies.

What's going on with Chesky Records?
Are they having problems and running out of money to fill orders or have they just turned into a disreputable company with regard to taking your money and not delivering your purchase?
I've been an audiophile for 20 years and in that time.
Like many of you, I look to purchase recordings with excellent sonic reproduction.
Chesky Records was always one of the best.. Like most mail order companies (prior to online purchasing), Chesky Records always delivered your purchase within a week or two.
But, somewhere along the way, Chesky Records delivery and customer service has become horrible.... beyond flaky.
In the last 5 years, I have had to bug Chesky continually to get them to deliver on orders that were purchased several months before.
The first order was completely forgotten, until I was cleaning out my emails and found a 4 month old confirmation email sent to me by Chesky.
Had I not found that, my purchase would have never arrived.
Now Chesky Records doesn't return phone calls or emails (I have made two phone calls and sent two emails).
Searching the archives here in order not to create a duplicate thread, I came across this closed thread on Chesky Records:

Do You Want To Be Better, or Do You Want To Be Good?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-22-2011, 07:31 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
I have not ordered from them directly in a long time. Many years back had the same problem. In fact from memory (it was a very long time ago) after finally getting an answer after months I got my shipment and then probably a couple of months later a duplicate of the same couple of items. It's a shame, they have really high quality recordings. I used to visit their website, watch for sales and even try to participate in their forums.
post #3 of 3 Old 02-17-2014, 08:32 AM

Liked: 10
Here it is February 2014, and I had a similar sad experience with Chesky Records as has been reported by others for a couple of years now. On Dec. 10, 2013, I placed an order for 6 SACDs. By the end of December, even though my credit card was charged the full amount the day after the order, nothing had arrived. After three emails and three phone calls- talking with Lisa each time, Chesky finally sent five of the six SACDs I ordered a month later. Still being charged the full amount, the sixth SACD was still missing, and still is, two months later -- even after calling Lisa twice about the final missing SACD - and getting promises that it would be sent. I asked for the missing SACD one last time, still it never arrived and there were no communications from Chesky. Finally I contested the payment to Chesky Records with my credit card and got a refund for the missing SACD. It didn't take my credit card company long at all to honor the contested payment and act in my favor. Never again will I do business with Chesky Records given this sad experience!
Reply CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page