Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-28-2011, 02:31 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hi all,

Completely floundering about here. Couldn't find a forum/thread on which that type of animal seems to fit. If someone knows, please redirect me.

I am looking for info on a Yamaha TSX-140, desktop audio player.

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio..._u/?mode=model

Basically, I'd like to know how well it works for sound from CD or I-touch sources. Also, does it keep the ipod music digital from device into Yamaha, then DAC for music? Are you happy with it? Where, besides Yamaha direct can one buy this device?

Thanks for your tolerance,

Mkard

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-19-2011, 05:26 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
This desktop audio unit is pretty much available only direct Yamaha. Absolutely not avail for me locally . $pendy Little Bugger!

Brought it in for kid's b'day, took 3 wks to get here.

Kid is ecstatic. Very nice looking on a study desk. Very, very capable.

i-Touch music is handled pure digital until the Yamaha sends to amps. Internally processes some kind of "enhancement" that much improves most of the junkie i-Tunes music she has bought and loaded onto her device.

USB music is also good. Handles mp3 and wma variable bit officially. Navigation and control are quite intuitive. So far, hasn't choked on bit rates over 500kbps. I haven't tried any lossless formats via the stick drive, but officially this Yamaha won't do them. Pity. Though the Yamaha does very nicely with the lossey wmp variable bit stuff that I put on the drive for my kid. Sound detail is surprising, and the EQ can keep the bass from getting too muddy in the middle ranges. I think that the two digital music sources get the same processing to enrich, or enhance the thin bitrates. Works well.

CD play is easy and high quality. Redbook of Dave Brubeck-Time Out really staged well in her 14 x 18' room. Detailed sound and well delivered bass. Wife is musically trained and said that the little brick colored box created an audio experience that rivals our main system in the LR (floorstanding Paradigms, 100wpc x 2 ADCOM, Yamaha 765, direct analog from Oppo DV-980). She has capable hearing as I do not, and what she says is most likely true. Those little speakers on the TSX-140 seem to be quite a triumph.

Everyone pretty happy with the brick-colored cinderblock Yamaha.

I'm sorry if I interfered with your thread. I had hoped for some info or a redirect, but I guess no one here does these mundane consumer boxes.

Regards,

Mkard

Reply CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page