How do I record from my Kenwood cassette tape deck to Denon CD recorder? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 10-25-2011, 09:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello there,

I am wanting to copy some of my tapes using my Kenwood KX-W4080 cassette deck onto the Denon CDR W1500 -CD recorder. However, I have been trying but have not been successful in doing so. I would appreciate if someone could advise me how to do this as I am mighty confused now!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-25-2011, 11:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Welcome to the Forum.

First off, if you're simply connecting the units to each other you won't get far. Unlikely you're doing that but you never know. Obviously you need to use your receiver.

I would assume the Kenwood has strictly analog connections (red/white). The Kenwood likely has Rec in/Play out. Run the Kenwood Play out to your receiver and use the receiver's Tape in to connect. Tape input usually has both in/out but if no Tape input on your receiver then any input that has an in/out analog circuit. Connect the receiver's Tape Out to your Denon Analog L-R ins. Select Tape input on receiver whenever you are recording from the Kenwood. You may have to experiment a little with recording levels to get it right.

Since you will not have any compatible internal link to synchronize the different brand units you will need to start/stop your tape and CD recorder manually. I assume you will be recording whole cassettes so there will be little editing/mixing involved as that would truly be cumbersome ... doable, but cumbersome. Simply pausing the Denon though, to change cassette sides, shouldn't be an issue.

My life is an open book...wish I could read it and have it make sense.

post #3 of 5 Old 10-28-2011, 12:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Give them to me, and I will do it for you!!

J/K....had to take that one, if you ever want to sell these let me know!!

I've seen things you wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate.
post #4 of 5 Old 11-20-2011, 07:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeBar View Post

Welcome to the Forum.

First off, if you're simply connecting the units to each other you won't get far. Unlikely you're doing that but you never know. Obviously you need to use your receiver.

I would assume the Kenwood has strictly analog connections (red/white). The Kenwood likely has Rec in/Play out. Run the Kenwood Play out to your receiver and use the receiver's Tape in to connect. Tape input usually has both in/out but if no Tape input on your receiver then any input that has an in/out analog circuit. Connect the receiver's Tape Out to your Denon Analog L-R ins. Select Tape input on receiver whenever you are recording from the Kenwood. You may have to experiment a little with recording levels to get it right.

Since you will not have any compatible internal link to synchronize the different brand units you will need to start/stop your tape and CD recorder manually. I assume you will be recording whole cassettes so there will be little editing/mixing involved as that would truly be cumbersome ... doable, but cumbersome. Simply pausing the Denon though, to change cassette sides, shouldn't be an issue.

But all the receiver does is act as a switcher there, so it should work just as well to go from tape out on the tape deck to analog in on the CD recorder. Again, eill need to start/stop each manually.
post #5 of 5 Old 11-21-2011, 03:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
The problem with that approach is the signal level. You never know what you might get or not get in terms of signal output.

My life is an open book...wish I could read it and have it make sense.

Reply CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page