Looking for a HIGHER END 5 disc cd player - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 11-21-2011, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I see a Marantz 5 disc changer (see below) but i was wondering if there are better multi cd players out there ...NAD, Arcam etc.

Here is the Marantz:

http://www.musicdirect.com/p-1889-ma...d-changer.aspx

Thanks!

Certified Grade "A" Vidiot through and through - Gaming daily on NAD M25, Marantz AV8801, Diapson Adamantes III (L/R) , PSB synchony one(CENTER), POLK LSi FX (sides) Polk LSi 9 (rears) - 7.1 for life! 

SEE SETUP BELOW

http://www.flickr.com/photos/99629181@N06/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2011, 09:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Nope. You would have to look at a music server like the Olive Media (in the other thread).

B.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:15 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Generally speaking, a thread that poses a question like this tends to devolve into circular flame wars as there is a large and vocal contingency who represent the dominant paradigm on this site asserting that all CD players sound the same, so I would suggest you don't go there... On the other hand...if you are not of this camp and do want to go there, I would suggest posting at www.audiogon.com with the other believers.

If you want to ask about which high end CD players are simply better built and more durable, you might able to keep things civil. That being said, there aren't too many CD changers being made nowadays. I think Arcam may still have one out there, and I know I have seen some McIntosh CD changers which I imagine are quite nice. There is always the used market, but that could be a bit dicey. I remember some nice players from Anthem and California Audio Labs. I think that Cal Audio one is still fairly sought after, if you can find it. I do own that Marantz and it has been a good player for me. I like it, although it has a tendency to randomly skip a disc on occasion. You can find Marantz refurbs for cheap over at Accessories4less.com

Cheers!