Denon DVD2910 issue... - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-29-2011, 05:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Hi all,

I just finished moving my gear into the closet to make room for my new tower speakers (DT BP8080ST), and when I reconnected my Denon DVD2910, I switched from a DVI-HDMI cable to an HDMI cable. Took out the optical cable and reconnected the analog cables for SACD and DVDA.

Now my player is only playing the L & R signals of my multichannel music... I reconnected the DVI-HDMI and the optical, so things were back to the original state, and there's no difference.

In the menu system, I can only access two of the audio options, SACD filter and another one. Bass Enhancer, Multichannel, and all the rest are not available.

Of course I've double checked the analog connections and all are correct.

Any ideas??? I miss my multichannel audio, especially since I have new speakers I want to hear it on!

Thank you,

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-01-2011, 02:05 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumps View Post

Hi all,

I just finished moving my gear into the closet to make room for my new tower speakers (DT BP8080ST), and when I reconnected my Denon DVD2910, I switched from a DVI-HDMI cable to an HDMI cable. Took out the optical cable and reconnected the analog cables for SACD and DVDA.

Now my player is only playing the L & R signals of my multichannel music... I reconnected the DVI-HDMI and the optical, so things were back to the original state, and there's no difference.

In the menu system, I can only access two of the audio options, SACD filter and another one. Bass Enhancer, Multichannel, and all the rest are not available.

Of course I've double checked the analog connections and all are correct.

Any ideas??? I miss my multichannel audio, especially since I have new speakers I want to hear it on!

Thank you,

Chris

It is a bit unclear from your post, but assuming that the multichannel analog connection is what you are trying to use to playback your multichannel material, are you certain you are choosing your multichannel analog connection (the external analog inputs) in your AVR? When you put the optical connection back in, you ARE still using the multichannel analog connection and it goes back to working fine?

Because you can't access some of the setup menu functions, it sounds like the player may be set up as only having 2 speakers connected. Can you access the speaker setup option?

HDMI handshake issue?

BTW, that player should pass DVD-A via the HDMI connection.

"All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it."
post #3 of 3 Old 12-01-2011, 07:15 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I wrote this comment on another forum about problems with the Denon 2930. It might somehow address to the problem you're experiencing. I hope it helps

I don't have a problem with this player but I found an inconvenience for lack of a better word. I use it primarily as DVDA/SACD player however when I want to play some DVDV sometimes I have to access the DVD menu to get everything running, ie: Genesis CD/DVD, to choose DTS96/24 or Dolby Digital, so here's the catch: I got the 2930 hooked to a Denon 3808 via DenonLink. I'm also running a HDMI from the player to the receiver, but if I select "HDMI" on the player to access the menu, the sound output is only 2CH unless I switch DenonLink off, and use the MCH option on the HDMI menu. So what's the big inconvenience, well this player is HDMI 1.1, so if I want to listen to SACD, I have to disable the HDMI feature on the player in order to use DenonLink which allows me to listen to MCH (DSD). Bottom line is HDMI has priority over Denon Link. There's a workaround though, use the component outputs instead of HDMI so I can watch the menus on the HDTV, but I was getting used to having just a few cables connected to each other, I guess there's no other way
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page