Looking for Bookshelf CD system with Apparently Unusual Feature - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-26-2012, 09:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I want to purchase a bookshelf CD system for my bedroom, such as the Yamaha MCR-332BL, Onkyo CS-445 CD or the Denon DM38S. Somewhere in that 300-500 dollar price range. The problem I am having is, I want a cd player that, when you stop a CD in the middle of a track, turn the player off and then come back later, will resume playback at the same spot rather than starting over at the beginning of the CD.

I grew up on cassette tapes and I cannot understand why all CD players do not have this feature. All of my car players have had it. The second home player I purchased, a Denon DCM-370 changer did not have it. This was several years ago and it seems most still don't have this feature. I do most of my music listening in the car, and when I got my blu-ray player at home, I finally unhooked the Denon CD player because I was tired of listening to the first four songs over and over again, or trying to remember to write down what track I was on the last time I listened to music.

To make matters worse, when browsing on Amazon or wherever, this feature or lack of it does not ever seem to be listed anywhere in the description.

Any ideas on this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-26-2012, 10:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyInPortland View Post

I want to purchase a bookshelf CD system for my bedroom, such as the Yamaha MCR-332BL, Onkyo CS-445 CD or the Denon DM38S. Somewhere in that 300-500 dollar price range. The problem I am having is, I want a cd player that, when you stop a CD in the middle of a track, turn the player off and then come back later, will resume playback at the same spot rather than starting over at the beginning of the CD.

I grew up on cassette tapes and I cannot understand why all CD players do not have this feature. All of my car players have had it. The second home player I purchased, a Denon DCM-370 changer did not have it. This was several years ago and it seems most still don't have this feature. I do most of my music listening in the car, and when I got my blu-ray player at home, I finally unhooked the Denon CD player because I was tired of listening to the first four songs over and over again, or trying to remember to write down what track I was on the last time I listened to music.

To make matters worse, when browsing on Amazon or wherever, this feature or lack of it does not ever seem to be listed anywhere in the description.

Any ideas on this?

Probably not enough demand for this to justify the cost of implementation. Have you voiced your opinion to the manufacturers? Didn't think so. I, for one, do not need this feature. BTW, there is nothing that says you have to start the CD from the beginning each time, is there?
post #3 of 4 Old 01-26-2012, 10:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I emailed Yamaha asking about their system and I have talked to several local salesmen about it.

No, I don't have to start the CD over each time, but I don't listen to music much at home. Like I said, I tried it and I would try to remember what track I left off on, but sometimes it might be 4-5 days later, by then I couldn't remember where I had left off.

I don't understand how there is not enough demand to put this on home players, yet it is on every automobile player. Makes no sense.
post #4 of 4 Old 02-16-2012, 02:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Different markets; an auto CD player is going to be shut off in mid-song quite often where a home player is not.
Reply CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page