Pioneer DV 45-A - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 02-11-2012, 01:21 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
alexwgoody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 53
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
So I just bought a Pioneer DV 45-A on craigslist to use as my SACD player. What I am trying to do is use the digital coax out on it into my cambridge DAC magic. Right now it is working for CDs only. It does play sacd's, I tested through the analog outs, but I can't get it to output any audio through the digital out- I also can't get it off of 5.1 channel..... any ideas?
alexwgoody is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 Old 02-11-2012, 02:00 PM
ap1
AVS Special Member
 
ap1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,226
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexwgoody View Post

So I just bought a Pioneer DV 45-A on craigslist to use as my SACD player. What I am trying to do is use the digital coax out on it into my cambridge DAC magic. Right now it is working for CDs only. It does play sacd's, I tested through the analog outs, but I can't get it to output any audio through the digital out- I also can't get it off of 5.1 channel..... any ideas?

The only digital output for SACD (either DSD or PCM) you can use is HDMI. So get yourself HDMI capable processor. This is your only option, if you do not want to use Pioneer's internal DAC.
ap1 is online now  
post #3 of 6 Old 02-11-2012, 03:17 PM
AVS Special Member
 
WilliamZX11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 2,510
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Some players will output SACD over HDMI, but not all. And since the DV45-A doesn't even have HDMI, we can be sure it's not one of them. Analog outputs are your only option with that player.

And you won't be able to use the Dac magic for SACD with any player.
WilliamZX11 is offline  
post #4 of 6 Old 02-12-2012, 06:09 AM
ap1
AVS Special Member
 
ap1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,226
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamZX11 View Post

Some players will output SACD over HDMI, but not all. And since the DV45-A doesn't even have HDMI, we can be sure it's not one of them. Analog outputs are your only option with that player.

And you won't be able to use the Dac magic for SACD with any player.

I though that nobody in right state of mind would pay for something completely obsolete.
ap1 is online now  
post #5 of 6 Old 02-12-2012, 06:51 AM
AVS Special Member
 
WilliamZX11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 2,510
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post

I though that nobody in right state of mind would pay for something completely obsolete.

The player will work fine with the analog outputs, and was probably very inexpensive used. No point spending a lot on a dead format like SACD.

I'd say the external DAC was the wasted purchase, maybe not obsolete, but no need for it either.
WilliamZX11 is offline  
post #6 of 6 Old 02-12-2012, 02:25 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
sivadselim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: CO
Posts: 16,085
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexwgoody View Post

So I just bought a Pioneer DV 45-A on craigslist to use as my SACD player. What I am trying to do is use the digital coax out on it into my cambridge DAC magic. Right now it is working for CDs only. It does play sacd's, I tested through the analog outs, but I can't get it to output any audio through the digital out- I also can't get it off of 5.1 channel..... any ideas?

If it's not clear to you, you can't pass SACD via S/PDIF (in your case, digital coax).

Read the manual regarding switching to the stereo track of SACDs.

"All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it."
sivadselim is offline  
Reply CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off