Pioneer DV 45-A - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 02-11-2012, 01:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
So I just bought a Pioneer DV 45-A on craigslist to use as my SACD player. What I am trying to do is use the digital coax out on it into my cambridge DAC magic. Right now it is working for CDs only. It does play sacd's, I tested through the analog outs, but I can't get it to output any audio through the digital out- I also can't get it off of 5.1 channel..... any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-11-2012, 02:00 PM
ap1
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexwgoody View Post

So I just bought a Pioneer DV 45-A on craigslist to use as my SACD player. What I am trying to do is use the digital coax out on it into my cambridge DAC magic. Right now it is working for CDs only. It does play sacd's, I tested through the analog outs, but I can't get it to output any audio through the digital out- I also can't get it off of 5.1 channel..... any ideas?

The only digital output for SACD (either DSD or PCM) you can use is HDMI. So get yourself HDMI capable processor. This is your only option, if you do not want to use Pioneer's internal DAC.
post #3 of 6 Old 02-11-2012, 03:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Some players will output SACD over HDMI, but not all. And since the DV45-A doesn't even have HDMI, we can be sure it's not one of them. Analog outputs are your only option with that player.

And you won't be able to use the Dac magic for SACD with any player.
post #4 of 6 Old 02-12-2012, 06:09 AM
ap1
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamZX11 View Post

Some players will output SACD over HDMI, but not all. And since the DV45-A doesn't even have HDMI, we can be sure it's not one of them. Analog outputs are your only option with that player.

And you won't be able to use the Dac magic for SACD with any player.

I though that nobody in right state of mind would pay for something completely obsolete.
post #5 of 6 Old 02-12-2012, 06:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post

I though that nobody in right state of mind would pay for something completely obsolete.

The player will work fine with the analog outputs, and was probably very inexpensive used. No point spending a lot on a dead format like SACD.

I'd say the external DAC was the wasted purchase, maybe not obsolete, but no need for it either.
post #6 of 6 Old 02-12-2012, 02:25 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexwgoody View Post

If it's not clear to you, you can't pass SACD via S/PDIF (in your case, digital coax).

Read the manual regarding switching to the stereo track of SACDs.

"All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it."
Reply CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page