what's better than a BOSE WAVE MUSIC SYSTEM ??? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 02-13-2012, 09:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi guys...

I bought last november a Bose Wave Music System, which I've been very satisfice with until yesterday. The CD player broke, and although I'm still under guaranty I've learned that this is a common problem with this BOSE model, and I'm afraid it could be broke again after the repair in the near future.

I have no interest in listen on mp3 players, or I pods. I have a huge collections of Cds and I want to USE THEM, I'm still buying them and will be until they stop from being released. So I need a good Cd player...

I was very impressed with the sound of the Bose Wave Music System, It sounds superb for my little dorm room, it fills it completely, that's why I got it, but I never imagined it had such a fabric problem, specially for that amount of money (you can tell I'm so angry right now).

So... I've been reading about how there are mini systems so much better than BOSE, both in sound quality and built in components for the same, or even lesser price. So I was wondering... ¿WICH ONES ARE THEY?? ¿ANY SUGGESTIONS??

Searching in the internet I found the ONKYO CS-345. And for what I've been reading about, it gives the impression that it could be same or better than a Bose Wave Music System in sound quality and mechanisms, and even has a subwoofer pre-out.

What do you think guys??

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 02-13-2012, 09:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 23
If it's still under warranty I suspect Bose will fix it and hopefully you will be all set for a while.

Down the road, if you are looking for an alternative, you may want to consider the Sonos Play 5. I bought it yesterday and I love it. You will need to rip your CD's to your hard drive. Not sure if that is an option for you.

post #3 of 10 Old 02-13-2012, 09:46 AM - Thread Starter

thank you for the suggestion, I'll search upon it. Although I prefer to use my Cds directly on the unit.
post #4 of 10 Old 02-13-2012, 10:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 293
Yes, let Bose fix it as long as it's under warranty, but think about what you'll replace it with the first time it breaks after the warranty ends. (And do't buy an extended warranty!)

Onkyo, Denon, and Yamaha have all made decent minisystems over the years, though I don't know what they offer these days. The immediate competitor to Bose is Cambridge Soundworks. I got a very good radio from them a while back, and I know they make them with CD slots, as well. Check all those web sites.

If you can't explain how it works, you can't say it doesn't.—The High-End Creed

post #5 of 10 Old 02-16-2012, 02:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 24
To answer your question, just about anything sounds better than most Bose products.

One that sounds quite nice is the Denon D-M38.
post #6 of 10 Old 02-23-2012, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kucharsk View Post

To answer your question, just about anything sounds better than most Bose products.

Ill give that a BIG second!

Bose hasn't built anything resembling decent audio since the 70s. They had this direct/reflecting speaker that was a high dollar item. It had drivers in front like normal speakers, and a second set that bounced the sound off the rear wall. You can imagine what that does to stereo imaging.

They dropped from sight for years until all this tinker toy equipment started showing up on TV ads.

Floyd

A lie can travel halfway around the world before the truth gets its shoes on. -- Mark Twain
post #7 of 10 Old 02-27-2012, 08:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 250
I suggest that you check out the Cambridge One+ Compact System.

Put this together with any decent pair of speakers, such as the Monitor Audio M2 or PSB Alpha B1, and you will have something 643% better than the Bose you have.

This is also has a subwoofer pre-out, and inputs for TV or other.

The Onkyo is probably better than the Bose, but this is a whole lot better than the Onkyo. It just depends on how much you are prepared to spend, and how good you want it to sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscarilbo View Post

Hi guys...

I bought last november a Bose Wave Music System, which I've been very satisfice with until yesterday. The CD player broke, and although I'm still under guaranty I've learned that this is a common problem with this BOSE model, and I'm afraid it could be broke again after the repair in the near future.

I have no interest in listen on mp3 players, or I pods. I have a huge collections of Cds and I want to USE THEM, I'm still buying them and will be until they stop from being released. So I need a good Cd player...

I was very impressed with the sound of the Bose Wave Music System, It sounds superb for my little dorm room, it fills it completely, that's why I got it, but I never imagined it had such a fabric problem, specially for that amount of money (you can tell I'm so angry right now).

So... I've been reading about how there are mini systems so much better than BOSE, both in sound quality and built in components for the same, or even lesser price. So I was wondering... ¿WICH ONES ARE THEY?? ¿ANY SUGGESTIONS??

Searching in the internet I found the ONKYO CS-345. And for what I've been reading about, it gives the impression that it could be same or better than a Bose Wave Music System in sound quality and mechanisms, and even has a subwoofer pre-out.

What do you think guys??

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!

post #8 of 10 Old 10-09-2012, 05:26 PM

Liked: 15
There's Bose and everyone else. It's quite amazing if you think about it.
post #9 of 10 Old 10-09-2012, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kucharsk View Post

I'll have to agree with this post. Bose sucked in the '70s, and it's been down hill to tinker toys ever since.

Floyd

A lie can travel halfway around the world before the truth gets its shoes on. -- Mark Twain
post #10 of 10 Old 10-16-2012, 05:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 24
A big third on the Denon! I love mine!

That said, I also agree that you should get your Bose fixed if it's still under warranty.
Reply CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page