question about these NAD cd players - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 05-09-2012, 02:38 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Nad c 545bee for $500.00 and Nad c515bee for $300.00 What is the difference between them? Is one that much better then the other for the two hundred dollar difference? I don't know a lot about expensive CD players. Does the Nad Cd player sound much better then a old fisher CD player, or old Denon CD player?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-09-2012, 04:52 AM

Liked: 10
The Nad 545 BEE is much better, and yes, it sounds much better than an old Denon!
post #3 of 6 Old 05-11-2012, 06:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 254
I suggest that you look at the Cambridge 350C player, which was $500 but is now being discounted at $299 a couple of places. I think it sounds a little better than the NAD players for the same money.

There have been great improvements in the DAC and associated chips over the past 5 years or so, and newer players tend to sound better. Older players have higher error rates and less effective digital filters etc, and simply do not sound very good (except for some $5000+ models).

The OPPO BDP-95 is $1000, and its sound quality is off the charts; it even sounds better than my Ayre C5xe/MP, which I paid $6000 for 7 years ago. I think it makes every other player from $800 to $8000 obsolete; anyone who can afford one should get one. It is a steal for only $1000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyboardcat View Post

Nad c 545bee for $500.00 and Nad c515bee for $300.00 What is the difference between them? Is one that much better then the other for the two hundred dollar difference? I don't know a lot about expensive CD players. Does the Nad Cd player sound much better then a old fisher CD player, or old Denon CD player?

post #4 of 6 Old 05-11-2012, 07:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 303
Quote:

Assuming the CD players you are comparing are in good working order, you could not tell them apart based on sound quality alone. There are lots of reasons you might think you can tell them apart, but a couple of decades worth of properly controlled listening tests has produced quite consistent evidence to the contrary.

If you can't explain how it works, you can't say it doesn't.—The High-End Creed

post #5 of 6 Old 05-12-2012, 07:31 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 748 Post(s)
Liked: 1162
Quote:
Originally Posted by keyboardcat View Post

Nad c 545bee for $500.00 and Nad c515bee for $300.00 What is the difference between them?

Sound quality wise? Nothing.

Literally, what you see is what you get!

Quote:

Is one that much better then the other for the two hundred dollar difference?

Depends on your personal values. For example, the $500 gives more bragging rights.

Quote:

I don't know a lot about expensive CD players.

People who really know about them generally avoid them.

Quote:

Does the Nad Cd player sound much better then a old fisher CD player, or old Denon CD player?

The old player may have sound quality issued due to parts degradation.

For example I once bought a more costly Sony CD player that had fancy looking parts inside it that had "Audiophile grade" stenciled on them. Two years later those very parts had lost more than 80 % of their performance and made bass coming out of the player's analog outputs sound thin.

Can't really tell about that old stuff unless you put it on the test bench. However, that all said, once on the test bench most of it is still in great shape.
post #6 of 6 Old 05-15-2012, 04:09 AM

Liked: 10
I don`t know if i am on the good place to find answer but if not please excuse me and if possible tell me where i should post my question
I have a kenwood c d multi disc (cd)changer cd 425 M
I nedd the program pclink Net Namer that permit to register songs name artists and song title automaticaly on the machine
The program was free to download and use
If someone have it or know where i can get it please help

Thank you
Reply CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page