Inexpensive SACD Player with DSD on optical or coax - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 32 Old 01-26-2013, 06:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I received my used OPPO DV-980H under $100 with shipping yesterday. I hooked it up and listened and played with it for quite a while and was very impressed. Nice little player. Much better than my previous Onkyo.

Wishing I could post in the Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 32 Old 02-03-2013, 01:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post

You can't get what you want cheap. The only option to get high resolution stereo through spdif is to buy one of Oppo players and then digital output interface for it (which requires you to have some skills to install it). But total cost will be in range $800-1000.

Not the only option. Pioneer BDPs output 2CH DSD as 2CH PCM 88.2kHz via optical. You cannot pass DSD via SPDIF: the spec itself does not support it. My Pioneer 140 only costs me a little over $100: the cheapest that I know of to pair with ext. 2CH DACs.wink.gif
Quote:
Get a modded Oppo ($1500)
Get 3 x wyred 4 sound DAC2 ($4500)
Get a good SSP for less critical sources (satellite TV) (Marants / Onkyo?) ($2000)
Good digital cabling (essential! $1000-$2000)
(source)

This might do better and you get MCH.smile.gif

But the cost of better DACs could lead you down the spiral...biggrin.gif
Quote:
If you have more to spend, replace the wyred 4 sound DACs with Bel Canto DACs...
(same source as above)
Quote:
A stereo DAC that sounds as good as what is built-in to the stereo outputs of the DX-5 is probably going to cost at least $5,000 to $10,000. And you need four of them. So your $400 modification is up to somewhere between $20,000 and $40,000.
(source)

Audiosceptics accept audio trials using 25 people. A recent Oxford study with over 353,000 patient records from 639 separate clinical trials shows for every 1,000 people taking diclofenac or ibuprofen there would be 3 additional heart attacks, 4 more cases of heart failure and 1 death every year.

Reply CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page