CD/DVD/Blu-ray Player with USB input that supports FLAC - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 12-06-2012, 05:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'm looking for a relatively inexpensive (yes I know the BDP93 does this but I'm looking more in the $200-300 range) CD player with a USB input that I can plug an external HD into and play FLACs through my receiver. I've looked around a bit (Pioneer, Denon, Yamaha, etc.) but not found anything in that range. Just curious if anybody knows of a product that might work.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-07-2012, 02:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 49
I'd be inclined to look for a used 93. The 103 has just recently come out so there are always a large contingent of folks who have to have the latest and are selling their 93s. Check ebay.

Another possibility is to pick up a player that is DLNA capable if a hard drive can't be attached. You can just stream to it. But most bluray players have usb ports you have to just be careful if the hard drive has to be powered or if the port is powered enough. I checked Sony didn't see anything about flac support, but it does support WMA.

I don't think you'll find a cd player with what you want so check the bluray player forum, buy I'd still be inclined to pick up an oppo.
post #3 of 5 Old 12-07-2012, 06:40 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Check out the Yamaha BD-s673. Has a USB input and FLAC playback. List is about $330, but it's on sale at B&H at the moment. It does not play DVD-A or SACD, however - you didn't list that as a requirement, but that's a common feature request on this forum, so worth noting. If you want a true universal player, you're looking at $400 minimum for new.

post #4 of 5 Old 12-07-2012, 07:30 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Both great suggestions, thanks very much. I'll look into both those of those units. I'd love to have a 93 so if I can find a cheap one, I'll go for it but I hadn't seen that Yamaha and it's right in my price range. Thanks again.
post #5 of 5 Old 12-07-2012, 10:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Pioneer BDP-62D FD is 399 (MSRP). Available at Best Buy Magnolia. It does flac via usb and is a DVD-A and SACD player to boot.
Reply CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page