How to fix static noise on portable CD player? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-26-2012, 12:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have an old Sony discman, it was sitting in storage for a long time, took it back out and play it, and it plays fine. Sold it to some1, and he said there is static noise. But I didn't hear any static noise when I play it just prior to selling the Cd player to him

So I advise him to use alcohol wipe to clean the contacts, and air spray the holes. He said same thing.

He said when he plays over 30% of volume,there will be a distortion,like a small noise, shashasha~

Now, on my end, I only use this CD player for a few yr., and w/i ea. yr., I only use it for 6 mth., the other 6 mth. I use my MD player. And I don't hear any distortion or static noise prior to shipping. What could cause these static noise besides the above cleaning and how many things you can do to fix it?

Further, on an unrelated matter, on my own MD player and my current portable CD player, I have a very similar problem: I use the RCA jack head phone (MDR-V900 from Sony), when I rotate the gold contact at a certain point, I hear hisshhhhh sound. When I rotate it to a certain turn, the noise is gone.

I did the usual alcohol wipe and air spray, but the above still helps to both remote control (CD player and MD player remote), what's the cause of that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-26-2012, 06:02 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 763 Post(s)
Liked: 1178
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy hopping View Post

I have an old Sony discman, it was sitting in storage for a long time, took it back out and play it, and it plays fine. Sold it to some1, and he said there is static noise. But I didn't hear any static noise when I play it just prior to selling the Cd player to him

So I advise him to use alcohol wipe to clean the contacts, and air spray the holes. He said same thing.

He said when he plays over 30% of volume,there will be a distortion,like a small noise, shashasha~

Now, on my end, I only use this CD player for a few yr., and w/i ea. yr., I only use it for 6 mth., the other 6 mth. I use my MD player. And I don't hear any distortion or static noise prior to shipping. What could cause these static noise besides the above cleaning and how many things you can do to fix it?

Further, on an unrelated matter, on my own MD player and my current portable CD player, I have a very similar problem: I use the RCA jack head phone (MDR-V900 from Sony), when I rotate the gold contact at a certain point, I hear hisshhhhh sound. When I rotate it to a certain turn, the noise is gone.

I did the usual alcohol wipe and air spray, but the above still helps to both remote control (CD player and MD player remote), what's the cause of that?

(1) Try various CDs.

(2) Make sure the batteries are fresh or use from proper AC adaptor

(3) Clean volume control with electronic spray cleaner

(4) Give the customer his money back and throw the device away.
Reply CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports