Portable Sound System - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-14-2013, 12:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi everyone. I'm brand new here, and I need some help. I am not much of a techy at all and I am wanting to get a stereo that I can take back and forth to work with me. I want the following...

1) It has to be small enough that I can throw it in my backpack. I would prefer if it was just one piece, like the Bose Sounddock.
2) It needs to have a good kick to it. I will be using it in a warehouse.
3) Sturdy and simple. I don't plan on thrashing it, but this would be used in a warehouse setting. I would like to find something that sounds decent without having to mess around. Just throw in a CD and push play.
4) It would be ideal if it can play CD's as well as hook up to devices. This way different people could use it regardless of their format.
5) My cost budget is $200-$300

Any thoughts, ideas? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated:-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-15-2013, 01:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post

Hi everyone. I'm brand new here, and I need some help. I am not much of a techy at all and I am wanting to get a stereo that I can take back and forth to work with me. I want the following...

1) It has to be small enough that I can throw it in my backpack. I would prefer if it was just one piece, like the Bose Sounddock.
2) It needs to have a good kick to it. I will be using it in a warehouse.
3) Sturdy and simple. I don't plan on thrashing it, but this would be used in a warehouse setting. I would like to find something that sounds decent without having to mess around. Just throw in a CD and push play.
4) It would be ideal if it can play CD's as well as hook up to devices. This way different people could use it regardless of their format.
5) My cost budget is $200-$300

Any thoughts, ideas? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated:-)

The Dewalt DC012 came to mind right away, but the sound quality may not be what you're looking for. It's very portable and very sturdy, but it won't sound like a Bose smile.gif The thing is, a warehouse is a tough environment for any portable stereo, so the Dewalt may be just fine. No CD player built in, but it has an aux port for connecting a portable CD player or ipod. It also runs off Dewalt tool batteries and charges them when its plugged in, so if you have a need for cordless tools, you have an excuse to stock up.

post #3 of 3 Old 02-16-2013, 09:21 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Does it need to be battery powered? If not look at a Behringer B205D. I one one and it's great. Not the best sound quality but it get's very loud. Louder than you would expect. I used one at a outdoor event with 150 people for back ground music and speeches with no problems.
Here is a video I shot at the event. It's shaky but you get the idea of the amount of output it has.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Oao70BvyTI

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/B205D.aspx
Reply CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page