Help needed : Remote control itunes, play through separate device - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-24-2013, 04:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am looking for a way to use my itunes remote app for iphone/ipad to connect to my itunes library and play music.

The catch is the music needs to be output from a device that is not the same as the computer where my library resides.

Details:
I have Niles whole house audio system with several inputs. I want to hook up some device that can be controlled via an ipad or iphone that allows me to choose itunes music to play. I know Sonos would probably do the job but it's $350, and wondering if there is a cheaper solution to the problem. Obviously I could buy another computer and run itunes on it, but thats pretty expensive as well. Would be nice to solve the problem for under $150.

Any help the community can provide would be appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-26-2013, 05:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by msthilaire View Post

I am looking for a way to use my itunes remote app for iphone/ipad to connect to my itunes library and play music.

The catch is the music needs to be output from a device that is not the same as the computer where my library resides.

Details:
I have Niles whole house audio system with several inputs. I want to hook up some device that can be controlled via an ipad or iphone that allows me to choose itunes music to play. I know Sonos would probably do the job but it's $350, and wondering if there is a cheaper solution to the problem. Obviously I could buy another computer and run itunes on it, but thats pretty expensive as well. Would be nice to solve the problem for under $150.

Any help the community can provide would be appreciated!

I must be missing something in your request, but an Apple Airport Express, which has analog or optical outputs would seem to be the obvious solution. The price is $99.

The remote app controls iTunes, and music is streamed to the AE.

Brian
Reply CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page