Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 36 Old 03-21-2013, 05:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post

Asking you to support your claims and implications is not really asking you to prove a negative. You make pervasive statements regarding the motives and abilities of respected audio reviewers and designers. It is clear that you believe them to be true. You challenge the things that my experience has taught me are valid by asking me to offer you proof that they are so. I think we are once again at the same impasse that we reached early on in this conversation. I say again, clearly we are each satisfied by what we hear and enjoy. I see no purpose in continuing this dialogue.
Mongoose, have you compared those disc players at matched volume level and without knowing which one is being used? If not, you should definitely try it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 Old 03-22-2013, 06:27 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 748 Post(s)
Liked: 1162
Quote:

Asking you to support your claims and implications is not really asking you to prove a negative. You make pervasive statements regarding the motives and abilities of respected audio reviewers and designers.

If its not a negative, it is a very nebulous positive. I don't know who you think are "respected audio reviewers and designers". Am I supposed to do a CV review of the thousands of them that might exist to please you?
Quote:
It is clear that you believe them to be true.

Actually, I believe many of them to be untrue, depending on who we are talking about.
Quote:
You challenge the things that my experience has taught me are valid by asking me to offer you proof that they are so.

You vastly diminish what I have done. I have primarily explained to you why a few of the things that your experiences have taught you need to be reconsidered in the light of additional scientific knowledge.
Quote:
I think we are once again at the same impasse that we reached early on in this conversation.

I dunno. Did you slip off into a river of denial once before in this thread? Sorry for missing it.
Quote:
I say again, clearly we are each satisfied by what we hear and enjoy.

No, I am not completely satisfied by what I hear and enjoy. I'm still looking for better answers.
Quote:
I see no purpose in continuing this dialogue.

That is a choice you get to make! ;-)
post #33 of 36 Old 07-16-2013, 04:52 PM

Liked: 18
So has anyone actually heard the CD-1 ?

Chris
Parasound Products Inc.
2250 Mckinnon Ave.
San Francisco CA 94124
415-397-7100
post #34 of 36 Old 07-20-2013, 11:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:

Asking you to support your claims and implications is not really asking you to prove a negative. You make pervasive statements regarding the motives and abilities of respected audio reviewers and designers. It is clear that you believe them to be true. You challenge the things that my experience has taught me are valid by asking me to offer you proof that they are so. I think we are once again at the same impasse that we reached early on in this conversation. I say again, clearly we are each satisfied by what we hear and enjoy. I see no purpose in continuing this dialogue.
Don't bother, he is convinced that everyone has the same poor hearing like him.
About the 'demonstrate claims': he still thinks that is on hydrogenaudio site, where if you disagree with somebody you just put the fist on their mouth with the help of 'friendly' mods. Like he managed to do it to me too, when I said that DAC's don't sound at all the same to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAFWarrior View Post

So has anyone actually heard the CD-1 ?
I was interested but I could not find it. Is basically a mini-ITX PC running Linux, 30 seconds RAM buffer for jitter/error free sound, having a decent clock and using as DAC an AD1853.
The DAC is not one of my favorites, being an older 20bit delta-sigma chip. Holm thought that that chip insures the best sound, even comparatively to newer ones, that's why I was curious, to hear it (even if skeptic, I personally like the sound of pure multibit DAC's). At least, they use LME49990 OpAmps, and that is my favorite OpAmp too (modded all my devices with it).
post #35 of 36 Old 07-24-2013, 07:54 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 748 Post(s)
Liked: 1162
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post

Quote:

Don't bother, he is convinced that everyone has the same poor hearing like him.

Not so. I know that my hearing has problems, and therefore rely on other people, particularly young people with undamaged ears (getting harder to find!) who are also experienced audiophiles, to assist me. DBTs are good for qualifying and ranking listeners since they are pretty much BS proof.
Quote:
About the 'demonstrate claims': he still thinks that is on hydrogenaudio site, where if you disagree with somebody you just put the fist on their mouth with the help of 'friendly' mods. Like he managed to do it to me too, when I said that DAC's don't sound at all the same to me.

I suspect that a link to the alleged post would tell a different story.

HA has a rule about evidence required to support claims about audibility that AFAIK are applied to one and all including the moderators. It is called TOS 8. It is a marvelous BS filter.

Some DACs do sound different. Some are crap, some have environmental issues, and some have intentional frequency response variations.
post #36 of 36 Old 07-25-2013, 05:06 PM

Liked: 18
I had about 2 months with a CD-1 and I thought it was delightful. The best part for me was playing older CDs that skip in my other player. This played them beautifully. I only got it to skip once and after taking a closer look at the CD it was obvious why. Pure luxury and it sounds quite nice as well. Out of my price range for sure.

Chris
Parasound Products Inc.
2250 Mckinnon Ave.
San Francisco CA 94124
415-397-7100
Reply CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page