Recommendations for a Micro/Mini hifi system - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 03-20-2013, 02:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all

After a system for my son for his birthday. Would like Aux in (3.5mm headphone jack) so he can plug his blackberry into it, and ideally USB connector for playing music from a flash drive. Aesthetics are important too being a 17 year old lad. Price ideally sub £100

Many thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-22-2013, 12:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 24
I've long been looking for the same thing myself for my kids. But it is very difficult to find any that have decent sound. It's also very difficult to find any decent reviews on such systems, or on internet radios, by anyone who cares about sound. Most reviews of such systems are written by style or tech reviewers who care more about how it looks, or what size it is, than about how it actually sounds. Good luck with your search and please post here if you find such a system. I've yet to find one even though I've listened to quite a few here in the US, so I unfortunately have nothing to recommend.

I should perhaps say that the only small system I've ever heard that actually sounded very good was Cambridge SoundWorks' portable Mick Fleetwood 2.1 mini system, which I believe they stopped selling some years ago. It cost, in any event, about US $450. And even if you can find one for sale used, I think it would still cost more than the price you want to pay.

post #3 of 4 Old 03-24-2013, 07:58 AM

i was ithe same boat also until I found this thread, might be what you are looking for

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/amps-pre-pros-receivers/68029-teac-reference-series.html
post #4 of 4 Old 03-25-2013, 03:06 AM - Thread Starter

I ended up getting this one. Good sound for its size and price. USB and AUX in too

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/sandstrom-shfusb10-micro-hi-fi-system-black-05057336-pdt.html
Reply CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page