"Upgraded" from Samsung BD-ES6000 to Sony C222ES CD Player. HDMI vs Analog??? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 05-03-2013, 08:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So .... I am all about quality sound.

I love the sound I get from playing Regular CDs, also files WAV, FLAC and even 320kbp MP3 music....all via USB card in my Samsung BD-ES6000. Through HDMI.

Now .... a friend gave me his old Sony C222ES CD Player that I guess was very good back in the day. He suggests connecting via Analog and through cables he gave me. See pic below.

Does this sound right???
Will CDs sound better via Analog Sony CD player vs HDMI Samsung blu ray player???

please advise.

Denon AVR 4311ci, Ascend Sierra-1 NrT, Ascend HTM-200 (surrounds), Rythmik F12, Panasonic TH50PX60U, Samsung BD ES6000, Denon DVD-2910 SACD/DVDa, Monster HTS 5100 MKI, Monster Z2 Biwire, Logitech Harmony One, Sennheiser HD600, Schiit Modi/Vali
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-03-2013, 03:02 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
It depends on whether or not the DAC in the Sony is better than the DAC in your AV receiver...and whether the difference between them is audible, which it may not be.
post #3 of 4 Old 05-05-2013, 04:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 747 Post(s)
Liked: 1162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianist718 View Post

So .... I am all about quality sound.

I love the sound I get from playing Regular CDs, also files WAV, FLAC and even 320kbp MP3 music....all via USB card in my Samsung BD-ES6000. Through HDMI.

Now .... a friend gave me his old Sony C222ES CD Player that I guess was very good back in the day. He suggests connecting via Analog and through cables he gave me. See pic below.

Does this sound right???

Probably a step backward in terms of sound quality.
Quote:
Will CDs sound better via Analog Sony CD player vs HDMI Samsung blu ray player???

For a variety of reasons, some having nothing to do with the inherent sound sound quality of the two different music players, I can pretty well guarantee that they will sound different to you. There is a tendency for naive audiophiles to perceive any difference as an improvement. In reality, you are probably getting the best sound you can get with the equipment at hand with the Samsung BD-ES6000.

There are naive people who think that every digital audio component and every DAC sounds different, but in reality the good ones, which are plentiful and rapidly increasing in number , sound the same. The most important parameters for sound quality are the recordings themselves, your speakers and your room's acoustics and how you have the speakers placed in the room.
post #4 of 4 Old 05-05-2013, 12:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 91
You can play SACDs with the Sony player in native DSD. Those will almost certainly sound better on the Sony than the Samsung, if the Samsung plays SACD at all.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(last update: July 30, 2014)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports

Tags
Samsung Bd Es6000 3d Blu Ray Disc Player Black
Gear in this thread - Es6000 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page